Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #16  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Totally amazing!!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:44 PM   #17  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Wow, you've done great.. congrats!! Oh and also I love the hair cut!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #18  
omeomy

S/C/G: 275/269.5/155

You look so good congrats to you..........
ogibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #19  

Height: 5"5

Nice you are looking good keep up the great work. and you will have a garden of carrots.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:10 PM   #20  

You look amazing! Definately an inspiration to me!
teacher29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Wow! That is a HUGE difference! You don't even look like the same person!
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #22  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

You look smashing!! Love the specs, too!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #23  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

WTG. You look beautiful.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #24  
Mission2bthin

S/C/G: 291.6/279.6/160

Height: 5'7"

Of course there's no magic formula other than cals in vs. cals out, but what worked in particular for you? You're such a success and look beautiful!
Aimster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8.5"

WOW! Yippee for you! Stunning!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:05 AM   #26  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

WOW!!!! You are amazing! How did you do that? How much did you lose?
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #27  

=D Thanks again, everyone! This forum in general never fails to make me smile, everyone here is so nice and so inspirational to me!

Anyways, to answer your question (the question of 'how' posed by Aimster45 and Jtjoray)...In total, I've lost abouttt 120 pounds (though, don't take my word for it-- I know I've lost over 100, but I have never really recorded my weight loss. I'm such a bad weight loser! :P), and honestly sometimes I don't even know how! I never knew, before I started losing weight that is, that I possessed so much willpower and strength-- and that I, (yes me, the girl who NEVER said no to any food) could resist the temptations of the foods that aren't good for my body. I've probably tried out every diet there is on the market, but I've found that it's hard to put limitations on everything. So, thus forth cometh the Shannon diet. It comes down to two principals which seem easy when written, but gawlly geeze..:P They aren't too easy to follow! Eat when you're hungry, and eat healthy. I've always been an overeater and an emotional eater. I ate because I liked it, because it made me feel better about ANYTHING. Oh, I failed a test? Pizza for me! Oh, it's a birthday? Four pieces of cake, madam. Now, while I do still eat those foods (gasp), I eat it in moderation. While I used to religiously count calories, I fail to do so now-- I have found that I can still lose weight, enjoy what I want, and not want more later on. 100 calorie packs are definitely a savior (especially my newfound love ones of Reeses Pieces packs. 100 calories and you get JUST the right amount of chocolate to satisfy any lusting for the sweet stuff), and I always bring those for lunch at school and whatnot.
Of course, calories in means they gotta come off somehow..During school, I always find it hard to put in some exercise hours. I mean, high school is way too tough. :P Butttt, after picking up dance, I actually enjoy exercising. I guess exercising comes down to finding what you enjoy versus what you HAVE to do. I do some weight lifting on the side, though nothing too large as I'm still a little weakling in certain circumstances (I can lift about 20 pounds now, but considering a pound used to tire me out? That's very good for me). Walk away the pounds is an excellent tool in weight loss too, as walking in any terms is. I walk a LOT. I'm working towards buying a car now, driver’s license and all that good stuff, but until then? I walk everywhere. Especially with my friends, who have yet to find money for cars either. Have feet, will travel as the old saying goes. Or was it..? Well, I don't know the phrase! But, feet is better anyways. :P Especially with an ipod or an mp3 player if you're by yourself..I got an iPod for my birthday a while back, and may I say that it is probably one of the BEST inventions made by man. You can vary the tempo of your steps depending upon how fast or slow your song goes, and the compliments you get from your neighborhood as you slowly shrink? Yes, pretty nice. Always worth a smile to hear a neighbor say, "Oh my gosh, is that you!?" *Definitely* worth a smile. ;D

Sorry if that's a bit of rambling, I'm sort of tired, but I hope it answered your question. =]
Shannonxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #28  

Height: 5'8.5"

Shannon you did a great job of sharing! I am so proud of you for not only losing the weight, but doing it in a wise, healthy way!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

Very impressed! Good for you! Keep up the great work and keep us posted!
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:30 AM   #30  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Shannon, you look amazing! I bet you're on cloud 9!! Keep up the awesome work, girlie!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote