Progress illustrated by a costume

• One of my mini-goals on my timeline was Boston Comic Con, which was the weekend! I dressed up with a friend, and one of my outfits was a repeat of one I did last year. You can DEFINITELY see a difference from last year.

For one thing, I'm wearing the same corset in both photos, and last year it gaped open in the back and wasn't even laced for the last 3 spaces near my hips. This year it laced all the way down with no skin showing on my shoulder blades!

November, 2013; ~155 lbs:

August, 2014; ~140 lbs:

And as a bonus, here I am rocking the new costume I just made:
  • Congratulations! You look fantastic!!! What sort of workouts did you do?
  • Thanks Sarah! I do a combination of cardio and strength training: walking or biking for cardio, some bodyweight training (pushups, squats, crunches), and some lifting.

I don't have a gym membership, but I bought a stationary bike, a yoga mat, and a set of adjustable dumbbells for my house and do all my workouts in my living room.
  • You look awesome and totally rocked your outfits! Great job
  • Love those costumes, you look GREAT!
  • Love the con devotion. I've never been but I've heard they're a world of their own. Your progress is as captain mal would say, shiny.
  • Quote: Love the con devotion. I've never been but I've heard they're a world of their own. Your progress is as captain mal would say, shiny.
    Thanks! I started going to anime conventions and renaissance faires when I started college, but my attendance dropped off when I turned 21 because a lot of what we did at cons at that point was just drink in hotel rooms.

But a few years ago I got back into American comics and started going to things again. It's really fun, especially now that I'm doing a little costuming.
  • You look amazing.
  • You look awesome! That must have been so rewarding to get into that corset this year and have it fit so well. I especially love the new costume Great work!