Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #1  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Default First mini-goal!! Onederland, 212 to 196 :)

I can't believe I get to post in the mini-goal forum!!

I started out at 212lbs on 10th December 2012. I've been doing Intuitive Eating and regular walking to get rid of the first 16lbs. I hope this can show a bit of a difference for anyone who's still at the beginning of their journey. I don't think i could have kept my head in the game without the support i've had on this forum I've now started strength training, and am gravitating towards a mostly clean, low-ish carb way of eating. I can't say I won't need to officially go on a diet to get to goal, but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it! For now, what I'm doing is working and I'm enjoying it, so I'm sticking with it! If you like you can check out my 3FC blog, I've tried to blog regularly about the intricacies of IE etc

Sorry if the pics aren't great, I only ever post from my phone! The wonders of technology I'll add my graph in as well to show the fluctuations I've had, and that they're entirely normal! My next goal is *** 175 VICTORY MODE *** That'll be awesome for a whole host of reasons: I'll be at the weight I was through most of my 20s (I hated it then but did nothing about it, and what I wouldn't give to be back there now!!), most of my clothes will fit, I'll no longer be obese according to BMI, I'll be happier on *that* side of the camera, and... I can go back on the pill! Yay So from here I have 21lbs to go until my next mini-goal. Onwards and downwards!

212lbs - 10th December 2012

196lbs - 15th February 2013

Graph!

Can't wait to be able to come back and post again at 175

Last edited by the shiv; 02-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations to you!!! You look brilliant!

And... I just have to say... that.. I LOVE Scotland... and.. both Edinburgh and Glasgow. I've spent quite a bit of time there.

I love Buchanan St and Sauchiehall St. There is that cool looking little coffee shop at the train station end of Buchanan.. I think it was Nero coffee, but may be mistaken... and... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Chippy Doon the Lane fish place that is hidden back off Buchanan.

And.... you have castles and Frankie Boyle and Mock the Week and Jenners and I love the Glasgow Radisson Blu...

Ahhhh.... okay..okay.. I'm sorry.... but...

Thank you for giving me a moment to recall some of my wonderful Scottish memories. I think you live in the most beautiful place in the world.

If you ever do look for a diet, you might check out Scottish Slimmers. I went to a couple of meetings in Kirkcaldy and they were very helpful and I really liked the plan.

Very best wishes to you on your continued journey.

Beth
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #3  
Downloading 10% complete

Thanks!

I used to work round the corner from that chippy, but I've never been in. And you're right, it's Cafe Nero on the corner of Buchanan & Sauchiehall St.

What I never noticed about Glasgow is the ridiculous amount of fitness stuff there is here. The Glasgow Club is excellent, we have Virgin Active in Finnieston 5 mins from the subway, the beautiful baths at St George's X, a hot yoga place in the west end, ice rinks (LOVE) in East Kilbride and Braehead, and snowboarding at the xscape... And the Blythswood Spa... (oh, I wish I had the £££ for THAT!!!) and more martial arts places than you can shake a katana at. Once I'm better off I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all these things!!

One thing I AM looking forward to is doing the west highland way with the man once I get fitter! I'll make sure to blog some photos. Won't be until the early autumn or next spring though... need some £s and walking gear!

Hey, I noticed as well we're at similar height / starting weight / current weight. Hope the first 20 have been good to you, and I wish you tons of continued success!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

You look great. I can tell a difference in your arms and waist. Good Going! Ohhhhhh Onederland is a far way off for me but I am happy to see others in that realm. Congratulations!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #5  
Downloading 10% complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
You look great. I can tell a difference in your arms and waist. Good Going! Ohhhhhh Onederland is a far way off for me but I am happy to see others in that realm. Congratulations!
Thankyou, that's very sweet! *looks at arms again* lol, I didn't even realise they were any smaller! I think that no matter where you start, the first part is the hardest because it takes so long to see results!

You can get to onederland too I was in the two-teens into onederland thread and there were so many brilliant people in there who started off heavier than I did, and they were super supportive too
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

I can see it in your stomach and waist!

And I love love love Scotland too! I often feel as if I should have been born there LOL. Not to mention you have Susan Boyle... I am her biggest fan

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-17-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #7  
Downloading 10% complete

Thanks, was hoping I wasn't imagining it...
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/187/145

Height: 5.6

congrat you are looking awesome!wooohoooo!!!! iam jealous off your waistline getting really defined !keep it up !Iam so glad to see you in the mini goal section.
Bree 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #9  
Downloading 10% complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree 26 View Post
congrat you are looking awesome!wooohoooo!!!! iam jealous off your waistline getting really defined !keep it up !Iam so glad to see you in the mini goal section.
Thanks Bree! You've been an absolute trailblazer since I joined in the two-teens thread! Almost in the 180s already, I'm determined to chase after you, lol! Over the past 4 days I've gone back to 200 with no explanation. My arms are starting to feel that "bobbly" way, instead of solid fat. I've heard this precedes a "whoosh" so I'm hanging on for dear life! Will be back with updated photos once I hit 175
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 277.8/250.8/175

Height: 5' 6.5"

I can't wait to be posting some!
jillbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super yay!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote