Nearly 60lbs gone, about 40 to go - difference in my face is CRAZY!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I am at your starting weight and seeing your difference really helps me to continue to strive forward. My face is too fat at the moment and its nice to see how it will one day change. Can you provide some insight on how you are losing the weight so far?
  • looks different! looking so young!
  • You look amazing! Very inspirational. Great job!
  • Quote: I am at your starting weight and seeing your difference really helps me to continue to strive forward. My face is too fat at the moment and its nice to see how it will one day change. Can you provide some insight on how you are losing the weight so far?
    Absolutely! A note on the face thing - I was VERY scared about 15-20lbs ago that my face would never "snap back" and it did. I went through an odd stage where I looked a little sunken in, and with the last 15ish lbs that look has gone away. So don't panic if you don't see results quickly in your face or things don't look quite right - everything works out in the long run .

How I originally started losing some of my weight was working out with a personal trainer as well as doing exercises classes (total exercise about 5 days a week), while counting calories (1600 per day). I have thus since moved to eating paleo, and that is what has caused most of my weight to come off. Not only has my weight loss been drastically improved since doing paleo at about 1400 calories a day, but I FEEL so much better and just look a lot healthier overall. I do 80% on, 20% off on the paleo - so basically I get 3 "cheat" meals a week (IE: something with flour or cheese in it). It's totally doable for me since I have come to look at food differently, and I have those 3 meals to look forward too when I start feeling a little bored. Plus having a limit on what I CAN eat has taken a lot of the pressure off for me in a since. It makes things easier because I don't have to think as much .

For exercise I have moved on to doing CrossFit 4-6 days a week, and running 3 days a week as well. However a lot of that training is because I would (eventually) love to be a competitive Crossfitter, but I have a ways to go . If I were just doing it for the sake of weight loss, I would probably be doing 3 days on, 1 day off. But finding CrossFit is what has motivated me to lose the weight, I was never motivated enough before and CrossFit is what has worked for me. Instead of losing weight to be skinny, I now see losing weight as a means to get me closer to those goals (it's a lot easier to pull up 135lbs than 235). While it might not be the best path for EVERYONE, it's what has worked for me and it really has changed me in and out as a person.
  • Also, thank you all SO very much for the compliments! It means a lot, especially coming from other people fighting the weight loss battle.
  • Amazing progress, and you just look much happier. Love the hair too.
  • Wow! You are stunning! I love your hair, and the weight loss really brings out your eyes. Beautiful!
  • Thank you ladies! The compliments are definitely incentive to keep pushing forward.
  • You are so beautiful! Congrats!
  • You look SO beautiful! Congratulations on your progress so far, and keep up the good work!
  • Gorgeous! I love your eyes! Great job!!
  • Very nice. You look younger. Thanks for posting; it helps to motivate me. :-)
  • WOWOWOW! That's so amazing! You look younger too! It is truly amazing how much losing weight changes a person's face.
  • Thank you all SO much! I finally feel like I look my age again (20), but even more importantly FEEL my age again. I am currently working on part of my undergrad at a very hilly campus, and before I would get SO winded walking anywhere. Now I can run around all over the place without one heavy breath, as it should be!