Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #1  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Default I've lost 101 pounds!

I am absolutely thrilled to say that as of yesterday, I've officially lost 101 pounds! It's been an awesome learning experience and I've enjoyed every minute of making myself the best I can be. I've gained back so much self confidence and I've just been HAPPIER. Thanks to everyone here for the motivation and support that have helped keep me sane throughout the months. Here are some pics along my journey.

These first two are my starting pics. I spent most of my time hidden behind big shirts and long sweatshirts. So to see myself in just a bra and undies was a huge shock. I think I even cried. I was so unhappy with myself and my job and I would just eat eat eat to comfort myself. I felt hopeless, desperate and alone. I am the one on the left in the group. Big old puffy face! ahhhh!

When I had finally had enough of going nowhere in life, I started yet another attempt at weight loss hoping and praying that it would stick. I posted motivational quotes around my house and pledged to myself that I would stick to eating healthier and walking my dog and doing a biggest loser dvd every day for two weeks. When those two weeks were up I would treat myself to a nice haircut and some expensive conditioner. It was something I could get excited about and it worked because two weeks came and went and I was still going strong.

I lost about 50 pounds in six weeks and was absolutely thrilled. I kept on going...

Christmas came along and I had to go to my husband's work x mas party. This was the first dress I'd worn in years. I felt like a million bucks. And my doggy wanted to be in the picture, too!

I decided to try on a pair of shorts from the previous summer to see how far i'd come. WOW is all I could say!

I decided it was time to incorporate some weight training into my regimen. I ordered Chalean Extreme and took my before pics.

3 months finished of Chalean Extreme! And about 2 weeks of Insanity.

The most recent pic of me. I don't have any nicer pics because I'm still hiding from the camera a bit. Which I know I need to stop!

When I look at these pictures, I can't believe how far I've come in these past 9 months. I am so proud of myself and everything I have done. When I started I couldn't even do one pushup. Now I can do 20. When I started I couldn't even run for 1 minute. Now I am training for a half marathon in June and can run 6 miles! I am PROUD of my body. No longer do I feel the need to hide behind big sweatshirts or baggy t shirts. I buy one pair of jeans every now and again so I have something that fits but I am waiting til I reach goal to buy a new wardrobe. I'm also waiting til goal and I will be getting a bunch of nice photos taken of me as well! No more hiding from the camera!

I think what finally inspired me to go for it was my sucky job. I was tired of only being able to get fast food jobs. I decided I would lose weight so I could join the Air Force. And I knew I would have to run and do pushup and situps so I started with those exercises. The couch 2 5k program helped me get started running and Chalean Extreme helped me with pushups. My future plans are to start and finish P90X along with finishing my half marathon. Once those two are done, i believe I will start talking to a recruiter!

I hope that this will inspire someone to go for it and reach their goals! You are worth it, your goals are worth achieving and you will get there if you are passionate and consistent with it!

Edited to add: I went from a Size 24 to a 11/12!

Last edited by EveLHaelf; 04-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

That is such an amazing transformation. And wow! look how close you are to the goal lady! Quit hiding form the camera you need to be proud of what you've done and show it off!!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Fantastic job! 101 pounds in 9 months is amazing. Your body is really shaping up (literally). Dress up and have someone take some nice pictures! You definitely deserve it.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

You lost 50 pounds in 6 weeks? Is that a typo? (I'm seriously curious

Either way, congratulations on losing 101 pounds!
Scatterheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

Congratulations! You look to be around the same size as me when you started Chalean Extreme as when I started Chalean Extreme. I hope to get as wonderful results as you did. You look toned and healthy.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/224/140

Height: 5'3"

You look GREAT
Chunkyhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #7  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow that is amazing! Great for you!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #8  

NINE MONTHS?! WOW!! That is WICKED! Congrats to you, go do a HAPPY DANCE! You look amazing!!
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Wow! You look great! And your 'stats' are just downright amazing.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Amazing!! Congrats and thanks for sharing
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Wow what did you do?
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #12  

Height: 5'11

You look amazing! Congrats on your success!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #13  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thats amazing!
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #14  
http://www.3fatchicks.net

S/C/G: 383/see ticker/>290

Height: 6'1"

Awesome! So Happy for you!
mrhighnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #15  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Yes, I seriously lost 50 pounds in only 6 weeks. I know it is a crazy number and I didn't believe it at first, but it is absolutely true.

I started making small changes. I eliminated fast food and obviously 'bad for me' foods like potato chips and things i wouldn't be able to control myself around. I ate oatmeal and egg whites almost every morning and I loved it. I just made better choices. I wasn't too constrictive at the beginning, I just ate healthier options. I bought a multivitamin and some protein powder and have been taking that the entire time. With milk, it's a great, fast meal when I'm at work and don't have time to sit down and microwave something. As the time went by I made more and more changes to the point where I'm eating as clean as possible. I have a lot of low calorie wraps. Turkey, chicken, fish, and soy (like veggie burgers.)

I eat every 3-4 hours and stay hydrated as much as possible. I am constantly drinking water. It's the easiest thing (for me) to do to help speed up your metabolism.

I didn't start calorie counting until very recently. If I tried to force myself to count calories right from the beginning I wouldn't have been able to stick with it. So for the first 6-7 months I had no idea how many calories I was eating. I just ate ever 3-4 hours and kept it clean.

The most important thing is you want to do what works for YOU. Do what you can stick to for the rest of your life. What good will an eating/exercise plan do for you if you can't stick with it? Find what you love to eat, and find a workout that you enjoy. And visit here often! I've learned so much from these forums and from all the wonderful people here!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote