Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #31  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

THANKS KITTYCAT40!!! YOu made me blush But so happy!HUGS!

Lookingtobehealthy ~yes we can~We will do this~Cause we can.
HUGS!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
I Do not have my story posted other than mini goals.
I started out with a goal in mind of 1200 Calories a day Then I tried it for about a week and had horrible luck Wanting to cheat And eat everything.
hahahaha Then I talked to my doctor and done lots of research on the net and we came up with 1400 to 1500 and I just kinda hit around 1400 all the time and stuck with that for a long time.My first month I lost 13.3 lbs.So I was glued! When Summer first got here I was alot more active working out at my flower gardens and felt week on 1400 calories so I would up my calories to 1600 when I felt this way only. (Very RARE ~maybe 5 times total until my body got use to the change of being more active)
Also I started out walking on my second month for a form of exercise INDOORS ~just from room to room For 15 minutes 3 times and day Before I would eat and then I switched it eventually to 45 minutes 2X's a day which Is usually what I do now. Sometimes I add a few extra exercise moves in LOL~nothing major)
Anyways At approx. 6 to 7 months in I changed my calories to around 1375(just a few weeks ago) not much of a change but was stuck for a few weeks within a couple of numbers on weight and it got me through it.
I hope this made since LOL~been a long day So I am tired.
I want in the 180's badly And I am BUSY BUSY BUSY TODAY.
HOUSEWORK SUCKS BUT HELPS US LOSE WEIGHT.
anyways ~thanks everyone for your kind comments....chunkychic,
BornToFly,Jasmine,bandit2,& of course you too McKenziesmomma & all the other beforehand.

WANTED TO ADD:
Another thing I find I do most days Is talk on the phone when I walk and it makes my time go by quickly.
So I fell like I am cheating LOL
I also nearly everyday Eat my favorite food PIZZA~That way I feel like I am still being me and not eating food just to lose but eating what I like In smaller portions. HUGS EVERYONE & GOODLUCK.
Lori your story inspires me to no end. I know if I would just do something...ANYTHING and stick to it I would lose weight. I have trouble cutting my calories down to 1500 calories even sometimes. I mean I can do it for about a month and then I don't know something happens and I just binge like crazy...I can eat alot of what I want on a 1500 calorie diet...you know like burgers and stuff just made w/ lean meat and stuff...but I have trouble with pizza....it is so high in calories...how do you do it. I make one on a tortilla shell...but it just isn't enough...how do you get that low amount of calories to fill you up and you just aren't starving all the time?

I know I will get it right one of these days...I'm trying to take small steps right now....I'm starting w/ 1800 calories for now....and I will take away a hundred at a time when need be....

anyways...any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #33  
NEVER GIVE UP

McKenziesmomma
I always eat My biggest meal about 2 to 3 hours after I get up.around 11 A.M.
I always walk before I eat To remind myself on how much It sucks to have gained the weight and to get it off~LOL
Anyways~I eat my most calories at once in the morning.
I sometimes make a pizza as much as 780 Calories.
I Buy crust in the pack~sauce/cheese/ & pepperonis in seperate packages and measure them out.
Or sometimes I make one from the box and eat 740 or so calories(equalls half a pizza for the brand I eat.)

Then around 3:30 or so I eat again and add snacks this time.
Usually eat For example: Chicken noodle soup With grilled cheese sandwich.
Then A 1/4 a cup of yogurt and A sugar free pudding.

Or maybe a Boca burger with 1/2 slice of cheese With a tiny bit of ketchup
And some green beans. Plus my snacks~yogurt & pudding

OR some Chicken In some lettuce ~Sorta a salad. With no No dressing.~plus my snacks ~yogurt & pudding

But anyways Those was just examples.

Then around 6:30 to 7:00 P.m. I eat my last time for the day
I eat the least calories Then ~usually a bowl of cereal or Package of oats~
And maybe a banana Or some type of fruit ~
I always walk after I eat the last time to remind myself no cheating afterwards!!!

So I kinda got my Stuff backwards I eat dinner At breakfast time and breakfast at Dinner time....Works out though.

I drink water in between and I have 1 diet soda a day.
I useto drink more soda's But I limit it to one so I get plenty of just plain water.

water is good for you and saves On calories.

As far as amount of calories~ I have read that as long as you eat under what you weigh~Like for say you weigh 263 So 2630 calories would maintain for you ...over would make you gain and any under would make you lose.
So Start out with what you can do under 2630 and even if the loss is slower It will help you get use to eating smaller portions as your stomach shrinks naturally from eating less and you will begin to feel full quicker.

I got that info from the article I will post below.

Anyways~My hubby says I have excellent will power~So I am an exceptionJust start out with what you are comfortable at and if 1800 works for you stick there and it should take you to at least 180 without exercise~
Might come a little slower than for others but at least it will come off and you will not be gaining or just maintaining.

Another thing for advice~switch everyone in your households food...It's hard but makes temptation less...My kids was soooooo mad at me for about a month or two Now they totally forgot about it and eat what I place here.
No more cookies~No more little debbies~So that helps A LOT.Plus gets the family healthier also.
(and leaves the temptations at the stores)

As far as my hubby I buy him a private stash Of goodies And He places them away from everyone so no temptations there for me or the kids LOL and the kids never know it.)
My hubby is 6'1" and is 168 lbs and extremly active so he needs some high calorie stuff.

Last edited by Lori259; 07-09-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #34  
NEVER GIVE UP

McKenziesmomma ,
Nearly forgot this is the article I was talking about:

Principles
Weight management may be difficult to achieve, but it certainly is not difficult to understand. When you consume food or drink, you consume calories. Your body burns calories to function, burning significantly more calories when you exercise. If you consume more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you consume fewer calories than you burn, you lose weight.
Because your body requires energy simply to stay alive, you burn calories even when you are not exercising. In fact, you burn calories directly in proportion to your body weight. On average, a male burns 11 calories per day per pound of body weight. The average female burns 10 calories per day per pound of body weight. These figures are just averages. Some people will be higher or lower, since everyone's metabolism is a little different. Fitness Record allows you to specify the value which is appropriate for you. If you don't know, it is suggested that you start by using the average value for your gender.
For example, if John weighs 150 pounds, he burns approximately 150 x 11 = 1,650 calories per day. If he exercises, he will burn additional calories on top of that, depending on the exercise activity. However, if he does not exercise, he must eat 1,650 calories per day, just to maintain his body weight. If he eats more, he will gain weight. If he eats less, he'll lose weight.
For the purpose of calculating expected weight gain/loss, one pound is 3,500 calories. Each time you consume an extra 3,500 calories more than you burn, you will gain a pound. For example, Jane weighs 130 pounds, never exercises, and eats exactly 1,400 calories every day. Her metabolism is burning 1,300 calories per day, so she are consuming an extra 100 calories each day. If she does this indefinitely, she will gain a pound in 35 days, since 35 * 100 = 3,500.
Fitness Record uses another term, called Behavioral Weight. The idea is that over the long term, your weight is determined by your behaviors, and is best illustrated by example. Consider Jane above, who eats 1,400 calories per day. After 35 days of this behavior, she will weigh 131, instead of 130. This means her metabolism will burn slightly more calories than before. If she continues to eat 1,400 calories every day, she will continue to gain weight, but at a slightly slower pace. Eventually, she will weigh 140, at which time her metabolism will be burning 1,400 calories every day. At this point, she will stop gaining weight, since she is consuming the same number of calories that she burns. Therefore, by eating 1,400 calories in a day, Jane is behaving like a 140 pound person. Her "behavioral weight" is 140.
Exercise contributes to your calories burned. If Jane were to exercise, burning an additional 100 calories each day, then her calories burned would be in balance with her calories consumed. She could eat 1,400 calories per day, exercise 100 calories per day, and continue to way 130 indefinitely.
You may now be asking, "Why can't I just eat low fat foods?" You can eat whatever you want. But, non-fat foods can still have calories. Check the food label to find out if eating the non-fat version of a food is really saving you any calories -- sometimes it's not. Many programs recommend moderating your dietary fat intake, and that is obviously good advice. Eating low-fat foods happens to be an excellent guideline for keeping your calorie intake low. In addition, moderating your dietary fat intake may contribute to your health in other ways. However, it will not alter the mathematics of weight management -- you still have to eat fewer calories than you burn if you want to lose weight.
The problem with the way the human body works is that calories counting is tedious and difficult. Most weight-loss programs, as well as the so-called "fad diets", focus on other guidelines which are simpler to follow than calorie counting. However, none of these guidelines alter the underlying principles of weight management.

Last edited by Lori259; 07-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Lori - You and I sound alot alike...I also have a hubby that is very active and he actually wants to gain weight. I don't have alot of trouble in the kid dept. though cause my daughter is only 2 and she likes bananas and fruit and stuff a bunch...

I'm not really hungry when I get up in the morning I have been having a slim-fast shake in the morning....my meals seem to increase as the day goes on with my biggest meal being in the evening for dinner. But I swear I can do so good until after dinner and then I want to snack all day long. It is mainly out of boredom...I have to quit eating in response to emotions or boredom....then I think I will be okay.

Thanks for all your help....
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #36  
NEVER GIVE UP

McKenziesmomma
~Thats definetly the key ~to quit eating in response to emotions or boredom
As you stated above~Ever need anything at all~just message me~anyone else feel free too also.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #37  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

One thing about we Apple shapes, we've got hot legs and buns! Good for you on the weight loss, you were gorgeous before, but LOOK OUT!
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Wow ! you look amazing! It's really nice to know that someone besides me was jealous when they first joined 3FC.. I see so many people like you who have lost lots of weight and I worry I'll never get there. But knowing that you felt the same way & you DID lose so much weight, gives me hope that I can too.

Congrats & good luck with those last 40 lbs!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #39  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

huzzah gratz!!!!!! XD
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #41  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I had to check out your pictures you look FANTASTIC Congrats! Keep up the good work!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Wow, that's amazing. Keep up the great job!
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/160

She was right when she said hot bod ! dont take this the wrong way but you do look sexier and definitly more flattering! Keep up the good work! You look awesome!!
waiting2exhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #44  
NEVER GIVE UP

shootingstar~Thanks Bunches & Yes its cool to be an apple shape!LOL

bbee~LOL~Thanks so much!!! You can do this! We all can.

MInya~thanks so much!

jrmohr~thanks very much!

devadiva~Thanks a million!

cammieb~Thanks very much!

waiting2exhale~WOW~ You made me blush But Also made my day~THANKS SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #45  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Congrats! You're looking great!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote