3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goal Photo Album (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album-202/)
-   -   Progress pics - 135 lbs lost (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/102610-progress-pics-135-lbs-lost.html)

jtammy 01-21-2007 09:13 AM

Progress pics - 135 lbs lost

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Some of you have asked to see before and during photos. I thought that I didn't have any before photos of anything other than my face, but I ran across this one last week.

It was taken about 7 years ago, and I'm pretty sure that I had gained 20 - 25 lbs more right before I started losing weight. I had been hitting the margarita pitcher almost every night right before then. ;) And there was a time that I quit wearing that dress because it got too tight. I hate this picture, by the way. I'm sure that it "looked just like me". Something I always hated to hear people say when they saw my picture.

Anyway here I am at start, around 346:
Attachment 24731

Here I am yesterday, at 211, about 16 months after I started my weight loss journey:
Attachment 24732

teahoney 01-21-2007 09:32 AM

You hot tamale, you. You look great!!

futurediva 01-21-2007 09:41 AM

Tammy
You look beautiful!! Im sure you have already answered this 1,000 times, but how did you lose the weight? Keep up the good work, your amazing and so pretty:)

Meg 01-21-2007 09:47 AM

I'm speechless! :eek: You are a whole new (and much younger looking!) person! Congratulations - you've come so far. :balloons:

PS - you may hate your before picture, but don't ever, ever lose it. ;)

Mrs Quadcrew 01-21-2007 09:49 AM

Tammy - you look INCRDIBLE!!! What a great inspiration.

sweettay 01-21-2007 10:04 AM

tammy you look wonderful i am so proud of you, you have really gave me hope and inspiration if i stay focused and work hard it can be done

MileHighMama 01-21-2007 10:20 AM

Wow. What a amazing difference. You look absolutely beautiful. Really.
Pam

rockinrobin 01-21-2007 10:41 AM

OMG!!!! Tammy:

YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!

But there must be some mistake, there is no way that you're 211 lbs. How could it be? You look way, way thinner. Well no matter what you are, you are most definitely STUNNING. What an incredible transformation. You must be so thrilled and proud of yourself. Your life must be soooo much better. What an incredible inspiration you are. Thank you so much for sharing these photos.

IwannaLoseIt 01-21-2007 11:45 AM

Tammy you look amazing! What a great change...this is what inspires me everyday to keep going! Oh and I love your avatar pic,too! Great smile:) Keep on losin'!

fatBgone07 01-21-2007 11:59 AM

Tammy- congrats! Awesome job in 16 months! I agree with rockinrobin- no way do you look like 211 either!

beautifulone 01-21-2007 12:15 PM

Tammy, you look absolutely wonderful! If I didn't know any better I would have not believed that such a transformation is possible - yet I see it time and time again looking at our pictures. I hope you are so proud of yourself, your weight loss is an incredible accomplishment! :hug: Way to go!! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us, seeing pictures is always very motivating.

hoosiermomto3 01-21-2007 03:46 PM

Tammy, thank you so much for sharing. You are absolutely an inspiration!!! You look wonderful.

ArtsyGirl 01-21-2007 04:22 PM

You look great. Congratulations on all your achievements. You're truly an inspiration to anyone on a weightloss journey.

girlieyorkie 01-21-2007 05:26 PM

wow- you are amazing, you look GREAT!

MissH 01-21-2007 05:33 PM

WOW!!!!!!! You look absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cb:

jtammy 01-21-2007 06:22 PM

You ladies are such a pleasure to be around. Thank you all so much for your kind words and your support since I joined 3FC. I appreciate you all so much and each one of you has inspired me.

Kymberly, I've lost the weight by calorie counting on fitday and by avoiding HFCS, added sugars, white flour, rice, and white potatoes. And for the first time in my life, I started exercising and have been doing that 5 - 6 times a week for the last 14 months (that part still shocks me, by the way!)

Ha, Meg, now that I've found that picture, I'm hanging on to it. I may hate it, but it can sure provide some inspiration in case I start slipping.

Robin and fatbgone, Thanks for saying that! I definitely weigh 211, but not for long. ;)

Thanks again, you guys are fantastic!

futuresurferchick 01-21-2007 07:04 PM

I was thinking the same thing as Robin and fatbgone... no way are you 211 lbs!! Wow. You don't look it at all. Congratulations, you have done so well, there are no words for it!

EZMONEY 01-21-2007 11:30 PM

Tammy, If You Weigh 211 You Must Have The Biggest....'cause Girl You Sure Don't Look 200 Anything From The Front! Awesome!!

Ilene 01-21-2007 11:39 PM

Tammy you look BEAUTIFUL and oh so YOUNG :yes:

LadyLai 01-22-2007 11:04 AM

Tammy! Wowee..wow! Wow! What an incrediable transformation. When you compared those two pics you must of felt a sensational sense of pride. And if you didn't , you oughta! I said it once to you and I'll say it again, you are truly a great inspiration to me and I look up to with wide eyes and a yearning to be as successful as you are. A huge Congratulations goes out to you! ((hugs))

jelynn 01-22-2007 12:12 PM

Tammy,
Yay! I was one hoping to see pictures!! You look amazing!! You have done such a wonderful thing these last several months. Proof it can happen! Thanks for the inspiration. Congrats!! :cp:

midwife 01-22-2007 12:18 PM

Congratulations! You are truly an inspiration. Enjoy your successes!

teresah24 01-23-2007 11:30 AM

that is so great!!

You are in inspiration!!! ;)

Bonoah 01-23-2007 11:36 AM

My god - you lost a whole person! You look phenomenal.

jtammy 01-24-2007 12:59 PM

Thanks so much everyone! I love you guys! ;)

hehehe, Gary, there's not a whole lot left in the back, so that's not where I'm storing it.

Tina, I am proud of it, something I haven't thought about a lot, but it makes me feel more confident that if I can control this, I can control other things that I thought were out of my control. You're a sweetie!

Wildfyre 01-24-2007 04:47 PM

I'd like to know where you're hiding 211 pounds, cause I sure don't see it!

You look amazing, and I sure don't see 211 pounds in that.

DramaQueenLucy 01-31-2007 05:49 PM

Tammy you look wonderful!!!

Janis427 01-31-2007 07:49 PM

WOW!! I wish I would look that good at 211 lb. I also hope some of your dedication would find it's way to my house. You are truley amazing and such an inspriration to all. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures.

djs06 02-02-2007 09:29 PM

WHOA LADY!!!!!!! You look amazing!! :)

Benjasmya 02-02-2007 09:51 PM

You look beautiful! Congratulations on all your hard work. It's really paying off!

phantastica 02-04-2007 03:55 PM

Wow Tammy, what a transformation! You look fabulous. You don't look 211 right now at all.

What kind of exercise do you do?

RitzyFritz 02-05-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtammy (Post 1540981)
You ladies are such a pleasure to be around. Thank you all so much for your kind words and your support since I joined 3FC. I appreciate you all so much and each one of you has inspired me.

Kymberly, I've lost the weight by calorie counting on fitday and by avoiding HFCS, added sugars, white flour, rice, and white potatoes. And for the first time in my life, I started exercising and have been doing that 5 - 6 times a week for the last 14 months (that part still shocks me, by the way!)

Ha, Meg, now that I've found that picture, I'm hanging on to it. I may hate it, but it can sure provide some inspiration in case I start slipping.

Robin and fatbgone, Thanks for saying that! I definitely weigh 211, but not for long. ;)

Thanks again, you guys are fantastic!

Like everyone else, I'm totally amazed and inspired by your weight loss. Could you let me in on what HFCS is? I probably could figure it out if I thought about it long enough, but that might take too long. LOL!

You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

jtammy 02-05-2007 12:51 PM

Thanks so much everyone! I was really nervous about posting the pictures but you all have been so sweet. I appreciate it!

Phantastica, My main exercise is walking, a mixture of outdoor walking and WATP. I do some resistance band toning and also some weight lifting with Cathe Friedrich (sp?) tapes, but not as much as I probably should.

Ritzy, HFCS = high fructose corn syrup. It's in so many things....

Glory87 02-05-2007 01:26 PM

You look absolutely amazing. Getting rid of all that junk makes such a huge difference - you look beautiful and glowing with good health.

Soon2BFitChick 02-05-2007 05:13 PM

You are truly an inspiration. Wow! Congratulations!!! :congrat:

cajungal328 03-17-2007 07:14 PM

Tammy,

OMG... Those 2 pics don't even look like the same person.. I am speechless!!!

You have totally given yourself an extreme makeover! You look great! You go girl! We should all give you a round of applause. :cp: :bravo: :cp:

You have worked hard and you have made a difference in your own health and well being, and you have made a difference in inspiring us to do the same. Good Job!!!!

Thanks, and God Bless,

Heather

akacutie2006 03-19-2007 12:24 AM

:cheer2:Wow!! Tammy You Rock!! :cheer2:

What an inspiration you are to me!! I read your story and it makes me want to try even harder to lose weight and not give up!! Thanks for sharing your before and after pictures!! You look like a completely different person now!! Wow is all I can say!!

In4me 03-19-2007 03:12 PM

You go girl!!

:carrot: Just wanted to say, you look great. Came across this group, I think you started? Can you tell me about these home videos/walk club you've got going? You are definately an inspiration. How much do you walk a day? Or maybe your exercise routine? What weight loss plan are you using? I am on L.A.weightloss right now. I recently just started again with exercise and eating properly and lost a little over 5 the first week. Have a little too many beers for St Pats day but was back on plan yesterday and today. That was a big accomplishment for me... Keep up the great lifestyle change. You look prettier on the outside and I can only imagine how pretty you feel on the inside.

Thanks,
Michele

LisaMarie71 03-20-2007 11:17 AM

Wow, Tammy!!! I can't believe I missed this thread until now. I always knew you'd accomplished something incredible, but you really have made yourself into a completely new person. You are GORGEOUS!!! I agree with everyone else that you don't look anywhere near 211 pounds in that picture, but I'm the same height as you and I know at this height people usually guess lower. I don't think I look as small as you do, and I'm at 196 -- this gives me hope that maybe I look thinner than I think!

You're amazing, truly -- such an inspiration!

Goodbye Chubby 03-20-2007 12:27 PM

Wow! That is so fantastic; you look wonderful! Thank you for having the courage to post the "before picture." I know it can be hard to see pictures of yourself at a heavier weight, let alone share them with others. You are really an inspiration and you should be extremely proud of what you've accomplished. :bravo: