Old 02-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #1  

Default New to MRC

It looks like this board is not as active as it used to be. I'm going to have my food orientation tomorrow. I've really enjoyed preconditioning and have not felt deprived at all.

Any tips on the plan. My 20 weeks starts tomorrow. I need to lose around 50#.
Amandarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #2  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

Hey Amanadarowe,
I had my food orientation a week ago. So far, I am liking it and I am loosing the weight and inches. I want to loose about 30 lbs by the middle of May.
Let me know how you doing.
CC
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #3  

Considering MRC is it a diet with food or Shots and Supplemets website very vague.
TayKirb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:29 AM   #4  
Let's get started ....

Hey Taykirb,
I take the supplements MCR6 (before 3 meals) and Corti Trim (2 meals), no shots for me. I said no to a lot of their other supplements too. I will do some more research to find a cheaper MCR6 supplement in the future. The diet started with a 4-5 day pre-conditioning where I could eat a starch, protein, fruit & vegetable for each meal. Then 2 weeks go the small portions of the diet started, combined with exercise and protein drinks. It is mainly a protein based diet with limited amounts of fruit, veggies and starches.

I like it because it is a limited amount of time that I am in the weight loss phase and then move over into maintenances phase. I need the support in maintenance phase, someone who holds me accountable. So far, I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks and 7 inches mainly in the belly area.

Let me know what you decide to do.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #5  

Hello to all, I have just recently started MRC. Excited!
LizzyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:07 AM   #6  
Let's get started ....

How is it going Lizzy Ann?

I am almost 3 weeks with MRC now, I still find it difficult to remember to take the supplements 30 min before the meals and the little carb portions as well.
So far, I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks and 7 inches. Yeah, 20 lbs more to go and then I need to keep the weight off.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #7  

So glad that you guys are here! I hope that we can sort of keep each other going. I have lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks which is much less than I had hoped. I lost 4 during pre conditioning, 4 first week on program, 2 second week on program, and last week I maintained. I am getting very frustrated. I had also been craving pizza and feeling pretty terrible over all. I was tired all the time, and I probably could have slept all day. I went ahead and had the pizza on SUnday. I have felt like a million bucks ever since. I think my body may have been missing something. The scale did not move either after the pizza either which I though was strange because typically I would have had a jump on the scale the next day. I have been back on program since the cheat meal, and the scale still has not moved up or down. I am just trusting the program. Last week when I maintained was also my period week, so that could have also had something to do with it. I am sort of waiting of a big whoosh where the scale moves a lot at once.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #8  
Let's get started ....

You lost a lot during the first 2 weeks, 4 lbs during pre-conditioning. Wow.
I lost the most during the 4 days (3 lbs) otherwise it is about 2 -2.5 lbs per week. I weigh in twice a week and I try to stick to the diet. I had 3 times a sliver of a tarte or cake because it would have been impolite for me to decline at the events. So, I make sure I run on these days. I discussed this with the consultant of course they tried to sell me supplements again. But I declined.

I try to eat different meals each day, I freeze leftovers in small containers and eat them later on during the week.

Next week is going to be tough, we are going on vacation and I have to eat out 2 meals a day. I will ask the consultant for some strategies on Saturday.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate cheesecake View Post
You lost a lot during the first 2 weeks, 4 lbs during pre-conditioning. Wow.
I lost the most during the 4 days (3 lbs) otherwise it is about 2 -2.5 lbs per week. I weigh in twice a week and I try to stick to the diet. I had 3 times a sliver of a tarte or cake because it would have been impolite for me to decline at the events. So, I make sure I run on these days. I discussed this with the consultant of course they tried to sell me supplements again. But I declined.

I try to eat different meals each day, I freeze leftovers in small containers and eat them later on during the week.

Next week is going to be tough, we are going on vacation and I have to eat out 2 meals a day. I will ask the consultant for some strategies on Saturday.
Do you normally run? I used to run. I want to get back into it so badly! I tried last week, and it was difficult. I hit a wall quickly and was only doing c25k day 1. Do they modify the plan for runners? Just wondering about carb levels... Is it enough?
Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #10  
Let's get started ....

I used to work out 3 x a week, I was never a runner. So I downloaded the app 'from couch to 5K' and started running. I do this 2 - 3 times in the morning at 6 am before work. For a workout I would have to drive to the gym, back home, shower and go to work. Way to complicated for me and it consumed too much time. I might do it in the summer or to change up the routine.

How is it going with you?
Old 03-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #11  

I'm feeling a lot better about things. I lost 2 pounds this week. I think I was just disappointed before because they said their people average 3-5 pounds per week. I am beginning to think that may not be completely accurate for most people. Sort of false advertising. I was so hoping to lose 50# in 20 weeks like they said.

We are going to be traveling Easter weekend. I stocked up on bars to get me through, and I have some prepped food frozen I plan to also take with us. Did you end up making a game plan? I also got the fat and carb blocker that I will take if we do end up eating out. I sort of just want to stay home and avoid situations like this until I'm on maintainance. It just seems like it is easier and when I have eaten out lately (other than my little cheat meal) the food was not any better than my food I make at home. Not really worth it. This is real life though and we have to eat out sometimes. I've just found though that the food is just not very tasty anymore. Weird.

Hope your trip is awesome! We are going to Las Vegas after my 20 weeks is over. My choices will not be good, but I am so excited about it!
Old 03-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #12  
Let's get started ....

I lost 2 lbs this week, yeah!!! I ate a few more nuts on 2 days compared to what is allowed. But I needed to snack on something.

I was told the average weightless is about 2-3 lbs a week. I think if you really weigh every single bite you might lose more. Exercise is recommended as well. I have been losing the inches in the right places right now, so I am not so concerned about the pounds I am losing. I am in my 50's, I went in with the assumption I am not going to lose the weight fast.

We are going to Captiva this week, I need to rest and recharge for the coming weeks. I have not been sleeping well since I started the diet, I am not taking the MRC-6 in the evening because it has green tea in it.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #13  

I'm going to try to get back into couch to 5k this week. I tried a couple of weeks ago and just felt so tired. This week is spring break, so I will be much less busy at work. I'm only working 2 days, so I will have more time. We have a treadmill, but it's in our room. I would like to do it first thing in the morning, but my husband sleeps later than I do. This week he will be out of town, so that will also be an option.
Sorry just rambling today.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #14  
Let's get started ....

I feel so much better and more energetic, I actually do not know why I stopped exercising. Try it out, I am sure you will fall in love with running again. I asked some of my neighbors if they would like to join and some mornings they come out and we all do the run together.

I had fresh bread last night and it was like I could not stop myself from eating.... of course I did not take the carb blocker pills. So, I am not too upset that I gained 1 lbs., I am back on track for the next 2 days.

Do you find it hard to stick to remember the pills 30 min before a meal? Do you know if it is okay to let more time relapse between pills and the meal?
Old 03-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate cheesecake View Post
I feel so much better and more energetic, I actually do not know why I stopped exercising. Try it out, I am sure you will fall in love with running again. I asked some of my neighbors if they would like to join and some mornings they come out and we all do the run together.

I had fresh bread last night and it was like I could not stop myself from eating.... of course I did not take the carb blocker pills. So, I am not too upset that I gained 1 lbs., I am back on track for the next 2 days.

Do you find it hard to stick to remember the pills 30 min before a meal? Do you know if it is okay to let more time relapse between pills and the meal?
I do the pills with the meal most of the time. 30 minutes Prior rarely happens. How often do you have cheat days? I have only done one so far. I was also at a plateau prior to the cheat day. After that I lost 2 quickly.