Old 04-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #31  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

I could not even add a smiley face because I have less than 25 posts.....
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #32  

Chocolate cheesecake- i hope your weighin goes well!

I think I'm worrying way too much! I need to have more faith in the system. I do trust my consultants at my center. I think I'm just going to paper track this week and see if that helps with the worrying. I'm very excited for the new week.

How often do you guys weigh in? I only do Friday's since my center is 30 min away and I work full time. I'm thinking of adding another mid week just for the extra encouragement. I always feel so much better after a visit with a consultant.
Amandarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #33  
Let's get started ....

I am 1 pound down in 3 days. My consultant was not too happy I had a hamburger last night, apparently the beef stays longer in your system. If I do not lose by next Tuesday, they want to discuss another option. I should stick to chicken and fish for next couple of days. I am not too worried because this morning I weight 3 lbs less, plus I was wearing jeans today and had 64 oz of water plus breakfast and lunch.

I am on day 27 and 13 lbs down. I weigh in twice a week Tues & Fri or Sat & Wed.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate cheesecake View Post
I am 1 pound down in 3 days. My consultant was not too happy I had a hamburger last night, apparently the beef stays longer in your system. If I do not lose by next Tuesday, they want to discuss another option. I should stick to chicken and fish for next couple of days. I am not too worried because this morning I weight 3 lbs less, plus I was wearing jeans today and had 64 oz of water plus breakfast and lunch.

I am on day 27 and 13 lbs down. I weigh in twice a week Tues & Fri or Sat & Wed.
I wonder what the other option is? I also didn't know that about the beef.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #35  
Let's get started ....

I weigh in tomorrow, but I am having a really hard time staying away from carbs right now. I have been drinking water to not think about food but it is not working. I had a 2 slices of bread on Sunday instead of 1/2. Oh well, I needed it.

I wanted to ask you what pills are you taking and your exercise regime in order to lose 20 inches.
I am on 6 MRC-6 (2 30 min before each meal) and 4 Corti trim (2 with breakfast & lunch)
I do not take Corti trim at night because I cannot fall asleep because of the green tea extract in it.
3-4 HNS plus my own multi vitamin and fish oil.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #36  

I'm taking the same supplements plus enhancer and trace minerals.

My levels of frustration are rising quickly! I can't stop thinking about food either. I think that's what happens though when your stomach growls an hour after you eat and can't eat again until your next meals. I do 4 Hns per day too plus I weigh an measure everything I eat. I know how much of everything I am eating. I am sure it is not enough. I have invested so much money into this that I have to finish my 12 weeks, but I don't know how long I can cope with this hunger. I know for a fact I'm eating 900-100 calories per day. My body is starving and the scale is not moving.

I'm sorry for my negative attitude, but I had lunch an hour ago and can't eat for another 4 hours. My stomach is growling, and I'm on the verge of tears.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #37  

Also my issue has not been carbs necessarily. I'd eat another salad if I could. I don't care what the food is because I'm hungry.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #38  
Let's get started ....

I drink my HNS in between meals and they keep me from getting hungry. I am not hungry at all in between the meals. Only at breakfast I have the HNS with my yogurt and strawberries.
I think to remember that we can have a clear soup in between but I ask tomorrow when I weigh in. I do not use my scale at home, only time was after the vacation..
Old 04-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #39  

I had a little more protein with my dinner. I'm stuffed. I'll try hns between meals. The only time do that is afternoon snack.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #40  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hi ladies,

I started MRC june 2012 lost 30 lbs and 29 inches, hit maintenance and stayed there for 3 months then gain it all back due to all the cravings came back. I did 3 HNS's a day, did the blue, yellow and green menu, hated eating the same foods over and over! Took corti-trim, MRC6 and the EFC.

So I rejoined February 2013 did the same menu but couldn't stick with it because I was so burnt out on fish, chicken and veggies! after six months I only lost 10 lbs.

January 2014 I tried a different approach again doing the metabolic more menu which added turkey bacon and a few extra things, after six months I was up and down all the time still couldn't lose or maintain.

After a year on March 30th 2015 I started atkins and I've lost 34 lbs and 16 inches and have been maintaining ever since. I finally figured out my body is very carb sensitive. Don't get me wrong I still go in every week doing a maintenance with my counselor who I love and she takes my weight from my home scales and enters it into my file. I take a picture when I weigh at home. I still drink one grape concentrate HNS mixed with diet 7-up which is my goto drink just absolutely love it! So this is my venture with MRC center. Not everyone can do it and stay with it and a lot of people can. You just have to figure out what your body wants and can handle.
I have NO cravings for carbs, sweets, etc. I eat whatever I want but I stay low carb and enter everything I eat in myfitnesspal its a blessing.

Now my MRC center has a new menu out called Meat lovers and trust me it's just like doing atkins. So if you are still having cravings and so, ask your counselor about this program! And you only have to do 2 HNS's a day but you can do 3 to max. I never did more than 2-3 even when I was on the program from the beginning.

Goodluck to you both!!

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by skelley331; 04-05-2016 at 01:17 PM.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #41  
Let's get started ....

Congratulations on the weight loss and maintenance; and thanks for your long post. You gave me/us some insight what it will look like once I have lost the weight.

My cravings are not that bad, just the portion size is too small on occasions. I miss french bread but that would not be possible on Atkins either. For now I am doing fine, I love fish, turkey, lean pork and chicken. I limited my beef to once a week and not before my weigh in. I average about 3 HNS a day and I drink about 1 gallon of water but I always drank a lot of water.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #42  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate cheesecake View Post
Congratulations on the weight loss and maintenance; and thanks for your long post. You gave me/us some insight what it will look like once I have lost the weight.

My cravings are not that bad, just the portion size is too small on occasions. I miss french bread but that would not be possible on Atkins either. For now I am doing fine, I love fish, turkey, lean pork and chicken. I limited my beef to once a week and not before my weigh in. I average about 3 HNS a day and I drink about 1 gallon of water but I always drank a lot of water.
I eat garlic bread maybe once a week on atkins, I eat low carb spaghetti also. But sounds like you are doing well. The low calories in the beginning on MRC are normally around 900 a day but when you start back adding during maintenance that's when it's tough.
Doing the low calories for so long screwed up my system. I can't go over 1200-1250 calories now without gaining.

Goodluck!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #43  

skelly-
that's what I am worried about with the calories. With weight watchers I added about 300 calories per day to maintain. It sounds like they do the same thing only it is from 900 not 1200. It just worries me a bit.... I am sorry to be the negative nancy but 900 calories is not very healthy

I have felt much better about things the past couple of days. The beginning of the week and the weekend was rough emotionally. I did change my HNS to snacks and it has been better and the hunger more manageable. I am going to stick with it as is for now. I have a scheduled appointment friday, so I can meet with a certain consultant at my center. I talked to my consultant last week about maintenance, but I am meeting with my main one this week. I am thinking about telling her that I feel my calories are too low. This week I added a couple of extra oz of protein to my evening meal once because I was starving. The scale moved down 3# the next morning. Coincidence... Maybe.

I feel like I should not question it but just blindly follow. That is not who I am as a person though. Truth be told I never would have signed up if I had known that the calories were so low.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Talking I'm back!

Hi!
I successfully made it through the plan back in 2010 and lost almost 50 pounds - kept it off for nearly 3 years. Unfortunately, while I was deployed I got injured and got to spend almost 10 months convalescing in a military hospital where they pumped me up with cortisone and steroids to try and fix my injuries. So of course I regained EVERYTHING!

I tried last summer to start back up... bought HNS from diet direct and was doing fine for about a month then life and other stuff derailed me. So here I go again, I went back to the center and stocked up again. Honestly, the supplements cost about the same either way. With diet direct you only save if they're doing a no shipping special or if they put the supplements on sale so I just decided I'll go to the center since its more convenient and I don't have to wait.

The first time I did this, I was so strict with myself and I did lose about 2.5 to 3 pounds a week. Worked out like a crazy woman and lost 25 the first 3 months, took a short vacation to Vegas and also rewarded myself with a 4 day cheating binge... nothing too crazy. Then the next 3 months didn't work out at all and still lost 25 pounds. My center actually forced me to go onto maintenance because I had gone 5 pounds past my goal weight... I didn't want to stop for fear of gaining it all back. Glad I did that because once I did start maintenance I gained 5-7 pounds back but I did maintain for almost 3 years after that. I was always so worried though about rebounding that I reverse cheated... meaning I would keep going back to eating like I was on plan more than the maintenance way of eating. 15 pounds did find their way back into my life but I was ok with that but always watching out for a backspin.

Anyway... so here I am.. again. Actually started back 3 1/2 weeks ago. Lost 4 pounds the first week and have already plateaued. I've been bouncing back and forth between the same 4 pounds. I'm sure it's a water intake issue. I struggle with remembering to drink an ocean of water every day but I try. Work keeps me so busy that I barely have time to hydrate.

Keep at it... this does work.

Last edited by cmb9697; 04-06-2016 at 09:17 PM. Reason: update signature line
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
Hi!
I successfully made it through the plan back in 2010 and lost almost 50 pounds - kept it off for nearly 3 years. Unfortunately, while I was deployed I got injured and got to spend almost 10 months convalescing in a military hospital where they pumped me up with cortisone and steroids to try and fix my injuries. So of course I regained EVERYTHING!

I tried last summer to start back up... bought HNS from diet direct and was doing fine for about a month then life and other stuff derailed me. So here I go again, I went back to the center and stocked up again. Honestly, the supplements cost about the same either way. With diet direct you only save if they're doing a no shipping special or if they put the supplements on sale so I just decided I'll go to the center since its more convenient and I don't have to wait.

The first time I did this, I was so strict with myself and I did lose about 2.5 to 3 pounds a week. Worked out like a crazy woman and lost 25 the first 3 months, took a short vacation to Vegas and also rewarded myself with a 4 day cheating binge... nothing too crazy. Then the next 3 months didn't work out at all and still lost 25 pounds. My center actually forced me to go onto maintenance because I had gone 5 pounds past my goal weight... I didn't want to stop for fear of gaining it all back. Glad I did that because once I did start maintenance I gained 5-7 pounds back but I did maintain for almost 3 years after that. I was always so worried though about rebounding that I reverse cheated... meaning I would keep going back to eating like I was on plan more than the maintenance way of eating. 15 pounds did find their way back into my life but I was ok with that but always watching out for a backspin.

Anyway... so here I am.. again. Actually started back 3 1/2 weeks ago. Lost 4 pounds the first week and have already plateaued. I've been bouncing back and forth between the same 4 pounds. I'm sure it's a water intake issue. I struggle with remembering to drink an ocean of water every day but I try. Work keeps me so busy that I barely have time to hydrate.

Keep at it... this does work.

I am so glad that you were able to maintain the losses! That is my main concern. You have given me hope that I can lose the weight and keep it off with the MRC plan.

My goal weight is not extremely low, unlike when I did ww and had a goal weight that was very difficulty to maintain. I loved the MRC did not set my goal based on BMI but body fat percentage. I apparently have a lot of muscle mass, so the top part of my healthy weight range due to BMI was at the low end of my healthy body fat percentage range and hard to maintain.

It seems some day I feel good about things and other days I find it to be very hard emotionally. Either way I am sticking it out.

This weekend I am having a girls night Saturday (first in 2 years), and I am going to fully enjoy myself. I am so excited about it! Regardless of what happens on the scale it will be worth it. As a mom with 2 kids I get very little time for socializing and a full night away with no kids is very rare!

I hope that you guys have a great Thursday!