Old 07-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/171.5/140

Height: 5'8"

Default July 2015- MRC

How was everyone's holiday weekend? I traveled and found it much harder to stay on plan that I had planned. I did pretty good but then went out last night with an out of town friend and had too many long islands! Gained 2 lbs at weigh in today but lesson learned and I'm back on track.
Hope others were more successful but still had fun!
Kimerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:36 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5

Not horrible, but not the best. I'm doing a couple of days of meta quick in hopes of dropping back down!

Kimerz -- sounds like you had fun, and good for you for hoping back on track today!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183.0/177/145

Height: 5'4

Hi. Thank you all for being here. I signed up to my local Center a few months ago and never went back. Maybe I don't do well asking for help and following thru or maybe I don't have time to get to the Center across town...lol...not sure what those excuses mean...BUT....I have the menu and stuff and just now began the program. Perhaps this online support will serve me better.

So....hello from Arkansas. It is raining a LOT here.

Mirabai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/165/145

Height: 5'8

What is the meta quick? I am stuck in plateau land and getting very discouraged.
BrendaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #5  

With metaquick you do a drink and either a meal replacement shake or bar for both breakfast and lunch, then you have dinner as usual. They suggest that you can do it for 2-3 days as a detox or jumpstart especially if your in a plateau. I have never done it before but the scale was down this morning
Old 07-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #6  

Mirabai7 - feel free to ask questions, the board is not super active anymore but there are a few of us around. I did the program with great success 7 years ago losing 40+ pounds. Since having my youngest, moving, and going back to school to get my doctorate I have gained quite a bit of weight. The program works if you follow it!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #7  

Hi, Mirabai7! What part of Arkansas are you from? I grew up in Rogers. It's changed so much in the last 10 years.
I am on week 6 and enjoying the program. I think it's the accountability that I really like. And it's working so that helps! Good luck!
Old 07-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #8  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Hello! I didn't have internet for a week while on vacation. Unfortunately I had lots of bad food . I'm glad to be home and getting back on track tomorrow. I haven't weighed myself yet.... I'm just planning my meals for the week now and am debating trying the old yellow, blue and beige(? I think it was beige...) menus to get me going again.

Glad everyone had a good holiday!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #9  

Couple of years ago, I lost 32 lbs using the local center. Life got busy and I stopped, gained back, and started again on my own in April using MRC products (drinks, bars, shakes) but no center help. As of two weeks ago, had lost 20 lbs and I was happy to be on my way. Went to dr for 6 month lab work and my blood sugar was up (now in pre-diabetic range) so dr did an A1C which shows blood sugar average for past 3 months. Still indicated 2 pts over pre-diabetic range. Have NEVER had high blood sugar before now. Discussed with dr the MRC products I'm taking and was told that my body may not be able to distinguish between real sugar and the artificial sugars in the MRC products. Has anyone ever heard of this rise in blood sugar using the MRC products? I've stopped using them and am trying to diet without the products, but not being very successful. HELP!!! I thought losing weight brought most peoples numbers down, but why are mine up???
asam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Here we go again!

It's been about 1 1/2 years since I've been here. I had reached goal weight, MRC used my before & after shots in a bunch of their ads nationwide, and then my life came crashing down on me. My dad unexpectedly passed away. I got a job promotion with more stress than I ever imagined. My husband got a promotion that put him on the road during the week. This left me almost like a pseudo-single mom while he's out of town. And the munchkin (5 years old) demands A LOT of attention. LOL So, what did I do...eat my feelings. I finally hit my breaking point. I have plenty of MRC product so I'm starting this on my own before I actually go back into the center. I need to know I can do this before I go in there because I don't want to flake out on them again. Anyway, just thought I'd re-introduce myself.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #11  
Idaho

asam - Hmmm....I'm not sure about the blood sugar issue, sorry. Mine definitely went down, but I was consuming a lot of soda before starting the program so just about anything was better than that.

JenB72 - welcome back, no judgment in this forum. I am a recurring member as well. Just when I think I have the emotional eating licked, something happens to show me that I will probably struggle with this my whole life.

I just finished my first day on the old yellow menu. Even though I had the yellow and blue menus in my folder, I have never done them. I don't remember why.... My counselor at the time just had me do preconditioning and then move into the meta slim standard menu. It is HARD! I am detoxing off of sugar from my four day binge and am really paying for it now.

I hope everyone had a great day. Good night!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/See Ticker/175

Height: 5' 5"

I just cleaned out my pantry and fridge getting ready to start my second time. The first time I lost over 70 lbs. and had such good intentions of keeping it off. I ordered the 28 day plan online since there is not a center even remotely close to me any more. I guess it is losing popularity?? Not sure why almost everyone I know who did the program when we did have a center was successful. We were all pretty upset when they abruptly closed. I also ordered enough for my daughter who is going off to college to join in. I am doing what I can remember as preconditioning until my "kit" gets here.
Heatherren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #13  
Idaho

thelish - how was your Meta Quick?

Heatherren - I was wondering if MRC was dropping in popularity as well, but then noticed that they just opened a center in my state!

They have really active Pinterest recipe pages (or boards or whatever they are called). A lot of the recipes use their HNS, of course, but that's OK.

Mirabai7 - did you get started? How is it going?

brendaH - plateau break yet?

I am just finishing my second day on the yellow menu and am hungry so thought I would check in here for inspiration. Next I am going to put teeth whitening trays in so I can't eat anything
Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #14  
Idaho

Good morning! Today is my last day on the old yellow menu and I am happy about that! Tomorrow I start the old blue menu. I am looking forward to eggs!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #15  

Just checking in- lost 1 lb today so I'm at 17 lbs total. I'd like to lose a little faster but I'll be happy with just losing.