Old 06-05-2015, 02:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 244/241/160

Height: 5'6"

Bigdog - you DO got this!!! Nice job!
Kimerz, great job mapping out your food plan for the week. I need to do that too! Whenever I cook dinner, I try to double the meat I'm cooking so I can have lunch extras during the week. I grilled chicken breasts Wednesday night, so put on two extras for lunch for two days. It helps out a lot.

I'm having trouble getting enough veggies in. I'm going to get burned out on green beans and asparagus! What do you all do for veggies?

Have a wonderful weekend - I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm not expecting any loss. This week was my birthday/anniversary week and I had a "planned variance" from the MRC menu. I had to have birthday cake! :-)
dodgeball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:39 PM   #17  

Does anyone know the current rejoining fee? I saw it was $79 for 17 weeks at the beginning of May. They are telling my hudband it'll be $130 for12 weeks.
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #18  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
Does anyone know the current rejoining fee? I saw it was $79 for 17 weeks at the beginning of May. They are telling my hudband it'll be $130 for12 weeks.
I just rejoined for 17 weeks for $99 a few weeks ago. Call another center and ask for rejoining cost . Then tell your center to honor
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #19  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I just rejoined for 17 weeks for $99 a few weeks ago. Call another center and ask for rejoining cost . Then tell your center to honor
Hey bigdog,

Miss you on the atkins site! I'm doing great I'm down 10 lbs and finally in the 160's

Hope you are doing well
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 187/171.5/140

Hi, Dodgeball5! I know what you're saying about the veggies! I'm getting sick of green beans. My consultant did tell me about the veggie drink which can be used in place of some vegetables. I haven't tried it. I made the cucumber/tomato salad (I think it's in the cookbook, for sure it's on Pinterest). It was good and I was able to take it kayaking. I've also done the "trick potatoes" this week. Basically just mashed cauliflower but with some Mrs Dash garlic, it's okay and not green beans. Last week for lunches, I did a chicken salad with cucumbers and tomatoes so got the veggies in with my main dish.

How's everyone doing? I'm on week 2, down 9.5lbs so far. But I cheated on Monday and I can tell that even though I've been back on plan ever since that one meal, I think my weight loss has slowed. Live and learn.
Skelley331- good job on your loss! Glad you've found something that's working better for you!
Kimerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:47 AM   #21  
sherri901

S/C/G: 135/146/130

Height: 5'2

Default New to Forum

Hi everyone! I just had my 2nd baby and re-joined MRC. After my son was born in 2013 I joined MRC and lost the baby weight 15 lbs. Now after having my 2nd I'm joining again. Except this time I'm not buying the menu. I remember the menu exactly how it was. I'm buying the drinks, MRC 6, and B12 Lipo shots. Anyone doing the shots and pills?
sherri901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #22  

Hi sherri901! I'm not doing any shots and just doing the vitamins, oil, trace minerals and the B6 pills. I probably won't buy the trace minerals and B6 again unless I really notice a difference when I run out.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #23  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimerz View Post
Hi, Dodgeball5! I know what you're saying about the veggies! I'm getting sick of green beans. My consultant did tell me about the veggie drink which can be used in place of some vegetables. I haven't tried it. I made the cucumber/tomato salad (I think it's in the cookbook, for sure it's on Pinterest). It was good and I was able to take it kayaking. I've also done the "trick potatoes" this week. Basically just mashed cauliflower but with some Mrs Dash garlic, it's okay and not green beans. Last week for lunches, I did a chicken salad with cucumbers and tomatoes so got the veggies in with my main dish.
How's everyone doing? I'm on week 2, down 9.5lbs so far. But I cheated on Monday and I can tell that even though I've been back on plan ever since that one meal, I think my weight loss has slowed. Live and learn.
Skelley331- good job on your loss! Glad you've found something that's working better for you!
Can u use spray butter for the mock potatoes and cracked black pepper would be good. Or a little chicken broth for taste.
I don't take any of the pills or their vitamins- I just buy their drinks and bars. I spend $55 a month and get 5 boxes- I also use Syntrax vanilla bean protein powder and Choc Truffle
Vitacost had the best price this week for Syntrax. For veggies, I love celery w cheese, cukes, shredded cabbage and romaine on everything!

Last edited by bigdog; 06-14-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #24  

Height: 5'5

Hi all -- I'm back again!! So I rejoined in Feb. and lasted no time at all. I'm a teacher and when school got out 3 weeks ago I went back in to restart. Summer is a good time for me, I have a lot more time to cook and prep so I knew this was a good time to go back on plan. I'm down 12 pounds so far which is awesome. I am taking All Day Weight Loss this time which I haven't before, but thought I could use the added bump.

It's good to see some familiar names as well as some new.

On the veggie question -- I do a lot of roasted veggies, I cut then up toss in olive oil or spray with olive oil spray and cook for 20 mins at 350. I also like doing mock potatoes (cauliflower) mixed with the 2oz of potatoes for my carb. It makes it a little more palatable.

Last edited by thelish; 06-15-2015 at 11:25 AM.
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #25  
Motivated Member

Ok off to a good start! 2 eggs and 2 bottles of water down the hatch! . Our frig died 3 weeks ago so we bought a tiny dorm frig to use till our new one was delivered. I did have romaine, shredded cabbage, grapefruit, cheese, palmetto cheese (pimento cheese w soul!- 1 carb), flat outs.... But no freezer so no frozen veggies, berries....
Kind of threw me off but I did maintain. I was eating more sandwiches on the go using flat outs and getting fast food salads. Anytime we ate out- I'd get steak or fish w salad. What type of bread do you use if eating sandwiches? I want no carb or super low carb. Also I always feel guilty eating any type of bread so I'd usually tear off most of it and give to my begging GSDs! Lol. They are very active and can handle carbs
I did buy some low carb almond flour and hazelnut flour and then remembered I don't have a clue how to bake. 😱. Any recipes to share?
I really need some motivation!! I rejoined MRC but my counselor is more interested in selling their Magic 3 than really supporting me. I know I need to motivate myself and get some willpower!!! I do buy their drinks which I really like. I've been taking the powder and liquid HNSs and pouring into cold bottles of water so I can shake, grab and go. Love the Orange, grapefruit, lemon and cranberry/grape. Kiwi melon is good too.
Guess I'll just use MRC to weigh in.... Glad this forum is here and good luck to everyone!!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #26  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hi all -- I'm back again!! So I rejoined in Feb. and lasted no time at all. I'm a teacher and when school got out 3 weeks ago I went back in to restart. Summer is a good time for me, I have a lot more time to cook and prep so I knew this was a good time to go back on plan. I'm down 12 pounds so far which is awesome. I am taking All Day Weight Loss this time which I haven't before, but thought I could use the added bump.

It's good to see some familiar names as well as some new.

On the veggie question -- I do a lot of roasted veggies, I cut then up toss in olive oil or spray with olive oil spray and cook for 20 mins at 250. I also like doing mock potatoes (cauliflower) mixed with the 2oz of potatoes for my carb. It makes it a little more palatable.
Welcome back and congrats on the loss!! How is the All Day Weight loss working? How much is it if u don't mind me asking
I love roasted Brussel sprouts!! Thks for suggestions

Last edited by bigdog; 06-15-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #27  

Height: 5'5

I like the All Day Weight Loss -- its $75 for a month. I feel like it helps with the hunger and I am seeing good losses.

As for bread I use the Sara Lee Delightful which might be higher in carbs than you want. I also like these wraps called Let's Skip the Sandwich wraps. They have 60 calories for the whole wrap and only 4 net carbs for the multi-grain wrap which is what I have right now.

I know what you mean about consultants. I really like most of the consultants at my location, but one of them drives me nuts. She is pushy and judgey.

Big Dog it sounds like you are doing great even with the challenge of not having a full fridge or freezer. Keep up the great work!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #28  

I seem to have stalled at 9.5lbs lost total. I just can't quite hit that 10lb mark. Very frustrating since I've been staying on plan but I am still on a the steroid prednisone so I have to remind myself that any loss is good. I have 2 more weeks on the medicine so maybe I'll start to see a loss as I finish it. They did my measurements today and the consultant said she could tell I was retaining water. I was stumped until I drove away and then remembered *duh*...prednisone.

In the meantime, I'm staying on plan and trying to get my activity level up. Hope everyone else is having a good week.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #29  
sherri901

S/C/G: 135/146/130

Height: 5'2

Anyone else feeling like this...?
I lost a pound and put on 2! I don't get it. I'm following the plan, the shots, the drinks exactly. It's so annoying! Plus were going to lunch today so there goes any weight loss. I don't even have strength to exercise b/c the calories are 1000 or less each day. URGH!!
sherri901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #30  

I was down a pound at my Friday weigh-in so finally made it an official 10lbs! Yay! It's nice to have that first milestone!

Hang in there, sherri901, you got this! I was getting frustrated, too. It took me two full weeks to lose one pound. If you're not feeling good though, you might talk to your center.