3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   October Mrc 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/299612-october-mrc-2014-a.html)

patzi 10-27-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 5086496)
Hi Celtic! Fantastic loss! Woo hoo!
What salad dressing did you find that u like?

Patzi - I have all those ingredients :). Making it now

Bigdog.

Was the dessert sweet enough for you? I will need to add more stevia, as the yogurt has a bit of a tangy test, and I used unsweetened cocoa , but it was not sweet enough.. I will try again, using the Diet Direct cocoa ... It did make me full and no cravings. but..... the unsweetened cocoa kept me up all night.. LOL

Patzi

patzi 10-28-2014 10:55 AM

Had maintenance weigh in and lost the 7 pounds I gained while I was away. It took me from Oct 2nd, and today is the 28th, but it did come off.. I am now back to 5 pounds under goal..I will get off the old green menu and MRC More preconditioning menu now and start back eating as I was on maintenance.. Had some rough moments thru this with cravings..

Wishing you all a great weight loss week.

Patzi

CelticHarpie 10-28-2014 02:57 PM

Bigdog: It was the Marzetti Simply Light and Dressed Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette. It's 3g fat and 3g carb, so I think it's allowable.

Did my official one week weigh in yesterday and I lost 9 lbs in my first week! So I met my goal of Onederland by Halloween :carrot: Took lots of walks this past weekend with the dogs.

Onward and downward ;) Less than 70 days until I move to Ireland. I am determined to be at my lowest weight in years when I next set foot on Irish soil.

bigdog 10-28-2014 05:45 PM

Celtic, thanks for the dressing recommendation and congrats on the huge loss!! :)
Patzi- OMG. The Hershey's unsweetened cocoa 10 cal per TB mixed w the Dannon light n lively 80 cal, 12 G protein Vanilla Greek yogurt and a pkg of Stevia was INCREDIBLE!!! It was so rich and yummy. I love dark chocolate and this tasted sinful!
I haven't tried freezing it yet- I wanted to taste and then BAM it was gone!
I bought the cocoa before and completely forgot about it till I saw your post.

patzi 10-28-2014 06:22 PM

CelticHarpie..

Congrats on the fantastic weight loss.. So happy for you.

Bigdog, I tried the yogurt both ways with the unsweetened cocoa and the Diet Drect Cocoa, and this one is a winner.. Last one I made I added a tinge, not much of the sugar free chocolate syrup, want to talk about getting a chocolate fix.. Yumm...

Patzi

patzi 10-30-2014 11:50 AM

Jello Yogurt Whip...

I tried this recipe of mine, and it was good. I do not know who to give credit to, as I have had it for a long time.

1 jello packet( I used Jello sugar free, fat free lemon).. You could use the Mrc
1 cup boiling water
1 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
1 cup ice You may need less..

Blend jello packet with water till dissolved , add the rest and blend.. Pour into containers until chilled.

I ate this when I had a craving... I added a small amount of lemon extract, also as I love lemon anything.

Patzi

CelticHarpie 10-31-2014 10:55 AM

Having a frustrating week. Scale has not moved since Monday. Anyone have good ideas to re-kickstart? I'm staying on plan and tracking everything. I know that I had a massive loss last week, and I'm trying to tell myself it's like I lost 5 last week and 4 this week... but it's still frustrating.

patzi 10-31-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticHarpie (Post 5088416)
Having a frustrating week. Scale has not moved since Monday. Anyone have good ideas to re-kickstart? I'm staying on plan and tracking everything. I know that I had a massive loss last week, and I'm trying to tell myself it's like I lost 5 last week and 4 this week... but it's still frustrating.

Maybe try upping protein and cutting back on carbs for a day or two and drink lots of water, maybe that will kick it off.. It may be where you had a large weight loss last week. Let us know...

Patzi

bigdog 11-01-2014 02:05 AM

Celtic, when I have a big loss like that, I'll usually stall for a week then continue losing an average of 1-2 lbs per week. It's like your body rebels and tries to hold on to the weight after a big loss! Drink even more water, step up the activity and add more protein, less carbs. Watch your sodium.
Don't get discouraged- stay on plan and you will continue to see results (I'm reminding myself to do the same!). I didn't have a loss this week and was frustrated. Made cookies and ate 4!!! One of my DH's employees sold him those school frozen cookies in a huge box. UGH!!! They were not even that good :(. Planning on extra walk in the am and H2O by the gallon to flush out the junk I had this pm!
Patzi- I love the jello blended w the Greek yogurt. the lemon sounds amazing!
I got a new flavor of light n lively- toasted coconut vanilla Greek yogurt. OMG!!!
80 cal, 12 g protein

patzi 11-01-2014 07:49 AM

BigDog, that flavor of yogurt sounds fantastic.. If you like Coconut flavor, I buy Lacroix, flavored water, recommended to me by MRC. Lots of flavors, but I like the coconut.. If I have a can, I add a few drops of Stevia to it. It is great to use with a HNS. They have a raspberry, that I mix with the Wild Berry HNS and that is delicious.. The blue package of HNS is great with Coconut. Lacrox has an orange that is great with Orange HNS, etc..

This is a quick breakfast on the run if you need one. I grabbed this the other day on way out to airport.

BREAKFAST DANISH

Serves 1. Please substitute any item to meet your plan

1/2 english muffin, or whatever bread your plan allows.. I toast lighthly.

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

Spreadable fruit/jam,or fresh fruit, choice is yours..
If you don't want the fruit, just use lots of cinnamon .

Spread cottage cheese& cinnamon on open faced English muffin or bread.

Place in toaster oven or under broiler( I prefer broiler) for 2-3 minutes.

Top with berries or preserves.. optional

If you feel you need sweeter and you are not adding fruit, add some sweetener to the cottage cheese before putting in oven.. I add liquid stevia when I don't use fruit.

Patzi

Where carbs are a big problem for me, where I have bread in morning, I do not have any other bread for day.. I eat plenty of veggies, but no bread or pasta or grain carbs for that day. It is a trigger for me, unfortunately.

bigdog 11-01-2014 08:04 PM

Love the recipe!!!

patzi 11-03-2014 07:08 AM

Wishing everyone a great weight loss week..

Patzi