3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Question for the repeaters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/298680-question-repeaters.html)

cmb9697 08-19-2014 09:15 AM

Question for the repeaters now doing Metabolic More

Ok, so I'm not asking anyone to send me a menu. I am just curious about the differences between the old menus and the new Metabolic More. I was happy with my progress and ultimately meeting my goal on the old plan. Like many of you, I received a post card inviting me back for 12 weeks at $99. I'm assuming that would put me on the new Metabolic More plan. I had started over using my old plan and not so happy with the slow results, but that's because I wasn't all in. I am now.

So... the question. For those of you that have done the old and are now doing the new... is it better? I understand from reading some of the posts that there are a few added food choices but aside from that? Just trying to justify why I need to spend $99+ to do what I am already doing....

thanks!
Carla B.

skelley331 08-19-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb9697 (Post 5057895)
Ok, so I'm not asking anyone to send me a menu. I am just curious about the differences between the old menus and the new Metabolic More. I was happy with my progress and ultimately meeting my goal on the old plan. Like many of you, I received a post card inviting me back for 12 weeks at $99. I'm assuming that would put me on the new Metabolic More plan. I had started over using my old plan and not so happy with the slow results, but that's because I wasn't all in. I am now.

So... the question. For those of you that have done the old and are now doing the new... is it better? I understand from reading some of the posts that there are a few added food choices but aside from that? Just trying to justify why I need to spend $99+ to do what I am already doing....

thanks!
Carla B.

The new menu is really awesome and lots of changes, the $99 for twelve weeks is pretty good, I paid $99 for only ten weeks. So if you aren't happy with your current progress then I would say go for the new more menu, its more user friendly and to me much easier, goodluck

bigdog 08-19-2014 10:32 PM

Well, day 1 and I pulled out the exercise bike and am actually on it! My DH is on the couch eating butter popcorn and Oreos and annoying me. Every time he leaves the room, I shoot him the finger. LOL!! He did buy me some fat free cottage cheese ( I asked for lite), carrots (will give then to coworkers tomorrow), cukes, lettuce, mushrooms. YAY!! Anyway, no biggie- he's not on the diet so he can do what he wants. He did grill a flank steak which was perfect over the salad. the counselor and I have already discussed food pushers and sabotagers and that's why I don't tell anyone when I start a "diet" :). They start watching me and offering advice. I will only listen to you guys!!
Ok to get to the point - I rejoined because I obviously can't do it on my own- I gained 39 pounds!!!since I left MRC. When I know someone is going to weigh me, I'll stick to the plan. Crazy but that's just the way it is. I have too many challenges, food pushers, sabotagers (sp) in my life. This forces me to plan and get back in control. I told my DH that as we get older- I do not want the health problems both of our parents had- right now I take no meds, have low cholesterol and blood pressure but that won't last if I continue to gain or stay at this weight. I have my furry children to raise. Lol

cmb9697 08-20-2014 12:23 PM

Just came back from the center. I caved and went ahead and bought in for 12 weeks. I kind of like getting the Tanita readings and I suppose the accountability is a big piece for me too. Oh well, at least now I have the new menu and can see that there ARE some good changes. ok, here we go!!!

bigdog 08-20-2014 08:08 PM

Yay!! Did u get the preconditioning menu?

cmb9697 08-21-2014 12:17 PM

Yes, She wanted me to start on preconditioning, but I reminded her that I had been doing the old plan on my own for the last 5 weeks or so, drinking the HNS, etc.... and I felt by going back to preconditioning would halt whatever progress was already in motion. She seemed to agree that just switching over to the Metabolic More would be a seamless transition. But then she said that I don't need the preconditioning menu. I said I'd like to have it anyway since #1, I'm paying for it, and #2, I hope to never need it again but just in case I end up starting over again in the future I'll have it. And so, she gave that to me too.

I feel a little bit like a sucker because even though there are changes, I probably would have been fine doing the old way and could have saved myself $99. But then I probably would be beating myself up because I would be always wondering what I might be missing.

bigdog 08-21-2014 07:34 PM

Not sure what I'll weigh tomorrow at the center but I'm 3 lbs down at home and I weighed in this evening!
My appt is noonish so hopefully it will reflect a loss there :)
I just typed a mini book and hit a button on iPhone and deleted :(
Love reading all the motivating posts and look forward to many more including great food finds, recipes etc
U guys will be the first to know of my loss!!