3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   June 2014 MRC (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/296554-june-2014-mrc.html)

patzi 06-05-2014 08:17 AM

June 2014 MRC

This is a new post for June.

Wishing y'all a great weight loss month. OOps forgot to put in 2014.. Anyone know how I can edit it. I tried but nothing ...

Patzi

AshleyRae 06-05-2014 11:27 AM

I'm debating whether to go weigh-in today or tomorrow. I weighed myself this morning and was the lowest I've ever been (that I can actually remember). I typically go to the center on Tuesdays and Fridays, but I think I may drop by today before tomorrow's inevitable bloat (if you know what I mean). ;) Hahaha! I'm below my stated goal, and I've still got until the 24th of this month. A girlfriend told me yesterday that I looked like I weighed 120 and my husband, who is not a verbalizer, has repeatedly told me I look great. I'm a happy, happy camper. I'm now flirting with a size 10, solidly in size 12s, and feeling fit. I'm afraid if I lost much more I'd look unhealthy, so I think I'll stay right about here.
Mom is killing it, and has dropped 29 pounds. Her goal is a size 14 missus, and she's basically there. Her size 16s are awfully baggy and the size 14 women's pants are baggy, too. :)
I wish all of my friends struggling with their weight would join MRC!

How is everyone doing this week?

patzi 06-05-2014 11:44 AM

Ashley Rae...

You and Mom are doing fantastic. Are you ready to start stabilization, if you are where you want to be?

Patzi

AshleyRae 06-05-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 5017899)
Ashley Rae...

You and Mom are doing fantastic. Are you ready to start stabilization, if you are where you want to be?

Patzi

I toyed with the idea, but I think I'm going to hit it hard until the 24th to give myself a 3 or 4 pound buffer zone. At my current rate, I'll only lose 2 more pounds by then, if that. I know it's likely I'll lose up to 4 pounds during stabilization, but I still want to have a little wiggle room. :)

AshleyRae 06-06-2014 10:52 PM

Patzi, I changed my mind :) When I weighed in today, I was down another 1.5 pounds. I'm below my original goal, so I set up an appointment to start transition on Tuesday! I'm ready!!!

How's everyone else doing? It's been awfully quiet on here lately.

Going4Fit 06-07-2014 12:36 PM

I'm plugging along just fine. This past month I experienced my first PMS hunger. I've never been one to be influenced by my period and never understood the munchie thing gals complain about with that time of the month. Not this time! I felt so hungry, but it was all mental. It was weird! Physically I could identify that I was not hungry, but man, I wanted to eat! I didn't fall off plan, but it was a real mental challenge for at least a week. I was pretty cranky. Doing much better now, but having to practice a lot of positive self talk now that the weather is nice and all the tank tops and shorts come out. I still can't fit into my new wardrobe from last summer, but all I can do is plug along one day at a a time like everyone else and not beat myself up about it.

AshleyRae, you'll have to update your stats - congrats on beating your goal! Transition is a rush. I do wish they'd kept it at six weeks. You add something new each week and it seems I barely got it figured out when the week was up and it was time to add something else. But it's a yummy process. Sour cream in my taco chili! Mmmmm....

patzi 06-08-2014 11:57 AM

AshleyRae...

I am wishing you all the luck on your transition. This is so much fun when you get to this point....

If anyone tries any new recipes, please post them.. Recipes that do not require using MRC supplements..

Wishing you all a great weigh in week next week. I go for maintenance weigh in on Thursday. I usually go on Tuesday, but not sure I can make that date.

Patzi

skelley331 06-09-2014 08:28 AM

Well ladies I HIT MY GOAL THIS PAST SATURDAY!!!! Never done that before, I was suppose to go last Wednesday to start maintenance but I had to change my appointment to this Saturday so I'm on one more week of transition! But so Happy I made it this time!!! So this Saturday I go weigh in get measured and start my lifetime journey of maintenance!!! YAHOO! You all have been such great supporters!

AshleyRae congrats on going past goal! and Congrats to your mother you are both doing great!

Going4fit hang in there you can do this!

Patzi thank you thank you thank you for continuing to support us all on here, I hope to do the same!!

I'll post all my results Saturday after I weigh in!!!

gumdropmom 06-09-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 5020103)
Well ladies I HIT MY GOAL THIS PAST SATURDAY!!!! Never done that before, I was suppose to go last Wednesday to start maintenance but I had to change my appointment to this Saturday so I'm on one more week of transition! But so Happy I made it this time!!! So this Saturday I go weigh in get measured and start my lifetime journey of maintenance!!! YAHOO! You all have been such great supporters!

AshleyRae congrats on going past goal! and Congrats to your mother you are both doing great!

Going4fit hang in there you can do this!

Patzi thank you thank you thank you for continuing to support us all on here, I hope to do the same!!

I'll post all my results Saturday after I weigh in!!!

That's awesome! Congratulations!!! You've worked so hard and all your efforts have come to fruition!

I'm really struggling mentally - I started running regularly a couple months ago and it does wonders for my mind and physical strength...loving the toning and definition taking place...but the scale just keeps going up. Really not eating off plan. I keep telling myself as I tell so many others to simply not pay attention to the scale. I need to get back to the center - it is just a haul to get up there and with gas almost $4 a gallon, there is no way I'm willing to make two trips per week just to get on the scale :( I am embracing the fact that all my "new" clothes still fit great and I'm more fit than I've been since high school and people continue to notice that I've trimmed down significantly. I began running to take off another 20. Instead, I'm up 5. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

skelley331 06-09-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumdropmom (Post 5020126)
That's awesome! Congratulations!!! You've worked so hard and all your efforts have come to fruition!

I'm really struggling mentally - I started running regularly a couple months ago and it does wonders for my mind and physical strength...loving the toning and definition taking place...but the scale just keeps going up. Really not eating off plan. I keep telling myself as I tell so many others to simply not pay attention to the scale. I need to get back to the center - it is just a haul to get up there and with gas almost $4 a gallon, there is no way I'm willing to make two trips per week just to get on the scale :( I am embracing the fact that all my "new" clothes still fit great and I'm more fit than I've been since high school and people continue to notice that I've trimmed down significantly. I began running to take off another 20. Instead, I'm up 5. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

gumdropmom, thank you and you might be gaining muscle with all the running you are doing which I've been going by how my clothes feel and fit, I was just excited to actually meet my scale goal since I didn't the first time.

patzi 06-09-2014 06:18 PM

Skelley...

I am so happy for you.. I knew you would do it.. Good luck in your next adventure..

Patzi

skelley331 06-09-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 5020521)
Skelley...

I am so happy for you.. I knew you would do it.. Good luck in your next adventure..

Patzi

Thank you patzi

geo56 06-09-2014 10:21 PM

Congratulations Skelley! You are an inspiration to me. I have been struggling since my cruise. I have 30 lbs to go. I just need to get busy and get it done so I can be where you are at!

skelley331 06-10-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 5020635)
Congratulations Skelley! You are an inspiration to me. I have been struggling since my cruise. I have 30 lbs to go. I just need to get busy and get it done so I can be where you are at!

geo56,
Thank you and yes you can do it, I've struggled for two years trying to get to my goal and actually didn't hit my goal until I went on transition, I wasn't losing before just kept staying at the same weight, I think my body needed more food. Goodluck

AshleyRae 06-10-2014 02:49 PM

I had my transition appointment today and got my measurements. I've updated my signature to reflect my original goal and current weight, according the the scale at the center. My home scale is 4-5 pounds friendlier than their scale, so I really use that weight as my personal goal figure. So, while the scale at the center shows 165, my home scale reads 160.5. I'll take it!
I don't know my starting measurements, but I know that I've lost 27.5 inches! I'm thrilled with where I am, even if my body fat percentage is measuring higher than it's "supposed" to be. It was something like 35% or 36%, and it's supposed to be under 32%. I'm not at all worried about that, because I feel fantastic!

I'll try to get some before and after pictures posted soon :)

Keep up the great work, friends!

I almost forgot to add that my mom signed the 30 pound board today! AND, she's rocking some size 14 MISSUS pants today! She doesn't need to shop in the women's section anymore!!!

Going4Fit 06-11-2014 03:00 AM

Got my first compliment from my hubby the other day. Definitely seeing some inches come off - clothes getting looser. I'm looking forward to that happening more quickly as I get closer to goal (remember the paper towel roll story). Was able to wear one of my sleeveless blouses that I bought after reaching goal last year. Bottom half still has some catching up to do but I'm getting there.

skelley331 06-11-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 5021466)
Got my first compliment from my hubby the other day. Definitely seeing some inches come off - clothes getting looser. I'm looking forward to that happening more quickly as I get closer to goal (remember the paper towel roll story). Was able to wear one of my sleeveless blouses that I bought after reaching goal last year. Bottom half still has some catching up to do but I'm getting there.

Congrats! I knew you could do it! :carrot:

skelley331 06-11-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 5021183)
I had my transition appointment today and got my measurements. I've updated my signature to reflect my original goal and current weight, according the the scale at the center. My home scale is 4-5 pounds friendlier than their scale, so I really use that weight as my personal goal figure. So, while the scale at the center shows 165, my home scale reads 160.5. I'll take it!
I don't know my starting measurements, but I know that I've lost 27.5 inches! I'm thrilled with where I am, even if my body fat percentage is measuring higher than it's "supposed" to be. It was something like 35% or 36%, and it's supposed to be under 32%. I'm not at all worried about that, because I feel fantastic!

I'll try to get some before and after pictures posted soon :)

Keep up the great work, friends!

I almost forgot to add that my mom signed the 30 pound board today! AND, she's rocking some size 14 MISSUS pants today! She doesn't need to shop in the women's section anymore!!!

That happens to me when I weigh in at the center verses at home, it's always higher. Jen told me since I'm going into maintenance to always use my scale at home since that will be the one I use from now on!!! Congrats on making transition and congrats to your mom you both have done awesome! :carrot:

bigdog 06-11-2014 07:43 PM

Hello Everyone!! I just got a call today and they are opening a center here in my town next month!! I switched jobs a couple years ago so wasn't making that hour drive any more where the closest center was. Trying to do it on my own but I just can't seem to succeed without anyone weighing me in weekly. Gained all my weight back :(
When I was on the plan, I bought some of their shakes but mostly supplemented with Syntrax nectar protein powder and didn't buy any of the supplements. I had my own vitamins and fish oil. I guess I'll talk to them next week and see if that's ok.
How does everyone like it??

skelley331 06-14-2014 09:06 PM

Maintenance

Well ladies it's official as of today I'm have now entered maintenance!!! No more supplements, I had a total of 13" lost and they put me on 1300 calories a day. I don't follow any menu but of course I have to eat clean like I have been but she just told me since I use myfitnesspal that I can track my calories that way. I'm excited!!! I reached my goal finally, first time I didn't and wasn't sure I would this time but I didn't hit my goal until my 3rd week on transition!! :cp::cp:

AshleyRae 06-15-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 5023831)
Well ladies it's official as of today I'm have now entered maintenance!!! No more supplements, I had a total of 13" lost and they put me on 1300 calories a day. I don't follow any menu but of course I have to eat clean like I have been but she just told me since I use myfitnesspal that I can track my calories that way. I'm excited!!! I reached my goal finally, first time I didn't and wasn't sure I would this time but I didn't hit my goal until my 3rd week on transition!! :cp::cp:

Soooo excited for you, Skelley! You're an inspiration! :carrot:

skelley331 06-16-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 5024366)
Soooo excited for you, Skelley! You're an inspiration! :carrot:

Thanks AshleyRae: Now I only go weigh in once every two weeks, and I don't have to bring a food journal!! Funny thing is I'm still losing!!!

AshleyRae 06-16-2014 09:24 AM

I'm still on the first week of transition, but the food choices they had me add are not working well for my body :( I'm hoping next week will work better. My body clearly hates starches...A LOT!

skelley331 06-16-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 5024562)
I'm still on the first week of transition, but the food choices they had me add are not working well for my body :( I'm hoping next week will work better. My body clearly hates starches...A LOT!

Mine does too, that's why they call it transitions to see what works and what doesn't, on week 4 they add even another starch and fruit. I told Jen it was too much food, so I didn't add it everyday just mixed things up. Goodluck
I go this Friday at 10am for my first maintenance weigh in.

bigdog 06-16-2014 01:12 PM

Ready to rejoin!

Joined in 2012 and was very successful w the weight loss and lost 35 lbs. gained muscle and felt great. Changed jobs and there was not a center near me to go to so stopped going and ended gaining all back in 2 years.
Got a call last week and they are opening a new location in my town in July.
Woo hoo ! I joined Weight Watchers last year and hated it- too many carb choices :) and just a few pounds lost. Plus the online community on their website are ....well my mama taught me if I don't have anything nice to say- don't say it. LOL!
Two years ago I paid $300 for 17 weeks and I think another $100 for the hormone test
Can anyone let me know estimated cost now and your feelings about the program? Results? I'm ready to start losing!!

skelley331 06-16-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 5024687)
Joined in 2012 and was very successful w the weight loss and lost 35 lbs. gained muscle and felt great. Changed jobs and there was not a center near me to go to so stopped going and ended gaining all back in 2 years.
Got a call last week and they are opening a new location in my town in July.
Woo hoo ! I joined Weight Watchers last year and hated it- too many carb choices :) and just a few pounds lost. Plus the online community on their website are ....well my mama taught me if I don't have anything nice to say- don't say it. LOL!
Two years ago I paid $300 for 13 weeks.
Can anyone let me know estimated cost now and your feelings about the program? Results? I'm ready to start losing!!

Bigdog: I joined june 2012 and lost 30lbs and after a year I gained about 15 lbs back, I rejoined in feb 2014 before it got out of control, I did 10 wks for $99, I think if you have been a previous member you get a discount. The supplements and other products are where most of the expense is but it does work. goodluck on your journey you can do this.

skelley331 06-16-2014 08:53 PM

My first week on maintenance and I'm feeling great! I love having that skinny feeling back, I had once before and I have it again and this time I'm not losing it. Goodluck to all you gals, stick with it you can do this!

Here is some:
:dust:

bigdog 06-16-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 5024899)
Bigdog: I joined june 2012 and lost 30lbs and after a year I gained about 15 lbs back, I rejoined in feb 2014 before it got out of control, I did 10 wks for $99, I think if you have been a previous member you get a discount. The supplements and other products are where most of the expense is but it does work. goodluck on your journey you can do this.

Hi Skelley! Congrats on making your goal and on maintenance :)
I've been reading the posts and see some familiar names and love to see the support and motivation here as always! You, Patzi and others really motivate me. Getting older so seems like it gets harder to lose weight and all my regain is in my belly and hips. Nothing fits and I'm buying larger sizes and cutting the tags out. Lol! Who am I fooling? Seems like there are less people posting- I remember a couple years ago - the admin would warn us when we were posting so much. :) and would have to close the session.
Hopefully everyone is posting recipes and motivational tips. I am reading back posts and getting excited about rejoining!!

newbee 06-16-2014 11:01 PM

New to mrc

Hello all,

I just starting with MRC on 6/5/14 and lost 7.2 the first week. I am starting to get discouraged because I am missing chocolate so much. What dose one do?

bigdog 06-17-2014 12:15 AM

I love the chocolate protein shakes which really helped w the chocolate cravings :). The protein hot chocolate is excellent too.. Just saw this recipe on a current post
Chocolate Brownie
1 hot chocolate protein packet
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 oz of water
1 packet of splenda
Mix all in small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. It will be kind of gooey but good. I added a bit of instant decaf coffee in mine.

patzi 06-17-2014 10:44 AM

I had maintenance weigh in this morning and maintained, still 5 pounds under goal, so I am happy about that.

Wishing y'all a great weigh loss week.

Patzi

skelley331 06-17-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbee (Post 5024949)
Hello all,

I just starting with MRC on 6/5/14 and lost 7.2 the first week. I am starting to get discouraged because I am missing chocolate so much. What dose one do?

Get the HNS hot chocolate or the vanilla wafer bars

skelley331 06-17-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 5025172)
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and maintained, still 5 pounds under goal, so I am happy about that.

Wishing y'all a great weigh loss week.

Patzi

congrats patzi, I go Friday for my first weigh in for maintenance! :carrot:

Its so nice to have that skinny feeling back again!

Going4Fit 06-18-2014 04:21 AM

Okay I can fit in to my size 10's now from last October. Not bad for three months on plan. I still have a couple sizes to go to fit into all the clothes I purchased after making maintenance last year, so it's important to me that I don't allow this trip home (for my sister's wedding) to derail me. Will be gone for two weeks. Trick will be to keep on plan while staying with overweight family, who will pick on me. We have lots of day trips planned with eating out for lunch, and potlucks or cookouts for dinner. I'm going to have to be good about getting up early and preparing my food for the day to bring with. Not gonna be easy - I'll have my three young kids with me and hubby is not coming. I'm bringing my HNS's with me. I'm thinking I better stop at the center and buy some bars. Never used those while on plan before but will need the convenience while traveling. I'm not going to bring my kitchen scale - I know I will invite all kinds of criticism if they catch me weighing my food and it's going to be tough enough as it is. Will be a good exercise in letting go of the perfection and trusting the healthy choices and "close enough" portion sizes.

Regarding missing your chocolate newbee, you have to make it a few weeks into program before you're allowed the "creamy" HNS's, but once you can add them I found the chocolate pudding HNS to be quite good. I think the Proti-Diet hot chocolate is better than MRC's and has the same stats. The brownie recipe posted works with either the hot chocolate or the pudding mix. I've only made it with pudding mix and discovered I prefer not to cook it. Mix it up and eat as-is and it's like getting to eat fudge frosting or brownie batter. It's been my new fave. I also love to do the chocolate very high protein meal replacement shakes. They are expensive though. I haven't tried the regular meal replacement shakes yet. Good luck!

skelley331 06-18-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 5025612)
Okay I can fit in to my size 10's now from last October. Not bad for three months on plan. I still have a couple sizes to go to fit into all the clothes I purchased after making maintenance last year, so it's important to me that I don't allow this trip home (for my sister's wedding) to derail me. Will be gone for two weeks. Trick will be to keep on plan while staying with overweight family, who will pick on me. We have lots of day trips planned with eating out for lunch, and potlucks or cookouts for dinner. I'm going to have to be good about getting up early and preparing my food for the day to bring with. Not gonna be easy - I'll have my three young kids with me and hubby is not coming. I'm bringing my HNS's with me. I'm thinking I better stop at the center and buy some bars. Never used those while on plan before but will need the convenience while traveling. I'm not going to bring my kitchen scale - I know I will invite all kinds of criticism if they catch me weighing my food and it's going to be tough enough as it is. Will be a good exercise in letting go of the perfection and trusting the healthy choices and "close enough" portion sizes.

Regarding missing your chocolate newbee, you have to make it a few weeks into program before you're allowed the "creamy" HNS's, but once you can add them I found the chocolate pudding HNS to be quite good. I think the Proti-Diet hot chocolate is better than MRC's and has the same stats. The brownie recipe posted works with either the hot chocolate or the pudding mix. I've only made it with pudding mix and discovered I prefer not to cook it. Mix it up and eat as-is and it's like getting to eat fudge frosting or brownie batter. It's been my new fave. I also love to do the chocolate very high protein meal replacement shakes. They are expensive though. I haven't tried the regular meal replacement shakes yet. Good luck!

Going4fit: Congrats on the size 10's I knew you could do it, and you can do this on the trip, you have bounced back with vengeance, I wouldn't let anyone get to you, remember you are doing this for yourself not anyone else. I take my weigh scale with me all the time, I don't care what others think, this is my body and I'm the one in it. Goodluck and try and have a good time! :carrot:

AshleyRae 06-18-2014 10:04 AM

Don't you hate it when family and friends disparage you while you're trying to be healthy? My mom's sister has been trying to get mom to lose weight and exercise for a couple of years. Now that mom's healthy (and losing weight much more quickly and easily than my aunt), her sister keeps making snide comments about how "rigid" mom's diet is. Thankfully, another aunt is doing the program, so she's on team MRC ;) Plus, my sister and all of mom's close friends are thrilled for her.
Going4Fit, all of us here think you're doing great! So check in when you need some encouragement! You know you'll get it here! I hope your trip is better than you could imagine :)

skelley331 06-18-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 5025781)
Don't you hate it when family and friends disparage you while you're trying to be healthy? My mom's sister has been trying to get mom to lose weight and exercise for a couple of years. Now that mom's healthy (and losing weight much more quickly and easily than my aunt), her sister keeps making snide comments about how "rigid" mom's diet is. Thankfully, another aunt is doing the program, so she's on team MRC ;) Plus, my sister and all of mom's close friends are thrilled for her.
Going4Fit, all of us here think you're doing great! So check in when you need some encouragement! You know you'll get it here! I hope your trip is better than you could imagine :)

AshelyRae: I totally agree, why do people have to be that way! Jealousy!!!
Hope you are doing great!

AshleyRae 06-18-2014 11:23 AM

I'm doing alright, but I'm not really enjoying transition. That's not to say that I want to or that any of us should give up! Not at all! I just got the menu for the second week, and I don't like any of the starchy veggies that I'm supposed to add. I asked if I could just double up on broccoli, spinach, green beans, or zucchini (those are my favorite veggies anyway), but was told I needed to eat the starchy ones. I don't understand why, considering that after this week I won't eat any of them ever. I may talk with some of the other consultants at the center to see if that would be permissible ;)

Did any of you maintenance MRC'ers struggle with transition? I really feel like I just want to add a bit more of the same foods I'm already eating (of the veggies and protein, not necessarily the starches). Did you skip the starchier vegetables and just eat more of the green menu ones?

skelley331 06-18-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 5025850)
I'm doing alright, but I'm not really enjoying transition. That's not to say that I want to or that any of us should give up! Not at all! I just got the menu for the second week, and I don't like any of the starchy veggies that I'm supposed to add. I asked if I could just double up on broccoli, spinach, green beans, or zucchini (those are my favorite veggies anyway), but was told I needed to eat the starchy ones. I don't understand why, considering that after this week I won't eat any of them ever. I may talk with some of the other consultants at the center to see if that would be permissible ;)

Did any of you maintenance MRC'ers struggle with transition? I really feel like I just want to add a bit more of the same foods I'm already eating (of the veggies and protein, not necessarily the starches). Did you skip the starchier vegetables and just eat more of the green menu ones?

AshleyRae: I followed the transitions foods that way I knew which ones would make me gain and all 4wks I lost weight LOL! Just know that after transition it's all counting calories and eating really healthy but you don't have to stick to the green menu or their foods, in fact I've been eating what I want in moderation and this week so far I'm down another lb, I go weigh in Friday, go figure huh

Going4Fit 06-18-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 5025850)

The only transition food I really struggled with was the dairy. I had already been dairy free for a year before starting MRC because I'd breast-fed my youngest who had a milk allergy. On plan I'd added cottage cheese and cheddar cheese back in and enjoyed it, but didn't see the point in transition of having to specifically add milk or yogurt. I bought some little yogurts and just made myself do it, but yeah I see your point - have never had yogurt again since.

Here's how I did the starchy vegetables: I loved the MRC taco chili while on plan (it's made with the tomato-basil HNS). I mixed my serving of corn into it during transition. Also was able to start adding olives and sour cream during transition which made it a real feast. And after I made it to maintenance I learned to make it with tomato paste and seasonings so I wasn't having to use expensive HNS's to cook with. The other starchy vegetable I liked was peas.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I remember in October hating being this size 10, but after getting back up to a 14/16 through the winter, this feels pretty good. Skinny jeans are on the horizon.