Old 06-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuazz View Post
Thank you cmarty for your reply. Have you tried their other herbs? MRC 6 and all? I am 21 years old and kind of scared that it would damage or do something to my metabolism or my body. Thanks in advance.

I have tried the MRC6. It seemed to help! But honestly, I had a friend who went on this diet and didn't take any of the extras besides protein drinks and she lost weight. I think a lot of that stuff is used just to make money! So if you can't afford all of that don't worry! Good luck on your weight loss!

Last edited by cmarty; 06-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #62  

Hi everyone!! I actually signed up for MRC last night!! I began pre-conditioning this morning. I've done MRC once before in 2010 but it was rough because my hubby was deployed to the desert and I was so stressed and didn't have the support system I have now. I stress-ate through the entire deployment and while I lost a few lbs then with MRC I was not nearly as successful as I wanted to be.

Unfortunately I was doing well recently but gained 30 lbs in THREE WEEKS on an anti-depressant!! I am of course off the med now but the damage has been done. I need the accountability and support if a program like MRC.

I look forward to getting to know you all and the support we can provide each other. Your posts so far are great and very encouraging!!

Kristina

Last edited by coloradogirlatheart; 06-26-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Typos
coloradogirlatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #63  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2befit View Post
Hello everyone. I am new, today is my first day of the blue menu. I miss the cottage cheese but everything else seems ok.

I did wake up today with a ferocious headache.
I struggled a lot with headaches initially...and back pain. The key for me was plenty of water and plenty of sleep. Don't short yourself on either. I was doing 4 HSN to begin and cut back to three to see if that helped - it did.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #64  

I lost 2 pounds this week. I was supposed to do the pre conditioning but I did Metaslim. She suggest I do pre conditioning until I lose 5 pounds. I am not really impressed with the new lady at our center. I am not sure what to do!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #65  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Way to go Marty! I only liked one person at the center I used to go to and still lost weight - usually 2-3 lbs a week. Next thing I knew I was fitting into all my clothes and strutting around in a bathing suit! Seemed to go slow but took it day by day and this plan works when others were not successful.
New center opens 2nd week in July so ill rejoin then.

What are the specials? I need to lose 30-35 lbs. when I changed jobs a couple years ago, there wasn't a convenient center.
What should I expect this time around? Are they demanding you buy their HNSs and all those pills?
Approx cost?

Last edited by bigdog; 06-27-2014 at 08:13 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Way to go Marty! I only liked one person at the center I used to go to and still lost weight - usually 2-3 lbs a week. Next thing I knew I was fitting into all my clothes and strutting around in a bathing suit! Seemed to go slow but took it day by day and this plan works when others were not successful.
New center opens 2nd week in July so ill rejoin then.

What are the specials? I need to lose 30-35 lbs. when I changed jobs a couple years ago, there wasn't a convenient center.
What should I expect this time around? Are they demanding you buy their HNSs and all those pills?
Approx cost?
I don't think that they demand that you buy anything but the drinks. I know a lady who was very successful with the drinks only. The start up fee is usually $ 199 for new comers! Maybe they will have a better price since this center is just opening!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #67  
Motivated Member

Default Great tips for making salads

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVeb-M_R3mg
Old 06-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #68  
Motivated Member

When I was a member before- I ordered all my HNSs online. I used Syntrax Nectar and Protidiet Pink Lemonade (in larger containers)
Hopefully they'll let me do that again. I was drinking 4 HNSs a day. Their drinks were $13 for 7 servings.. That would be another approx $56 per week and I was already paying over $20 a week.
I do love the plan though and need to be weighed in weekly
Hopefully that will be ok
Old 06-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #69  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Weighed in today and I'm still 5 lbs under goal and maintaining! This is awesome!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
When I was a member before- I ordered all my HNSs online. I used Syntrax Nectar and Protidiet Pink Lemonade (in larger containers)
Hopefully they'll let me do that again. I was drinking 4 HNSs a day. Their drinks were $13 for 7 servings.. That would be another approx $56 per week and I was already paying over $20 a week.
I do love the plan though and need to be weighed in weekly
Hopefully that will be ok
Thanks for the website! Great place to find recipes!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Weighed in today and I'm still 5 lbs under goal and maintaining! This is awesome!
You go girl! Please show me that you can keep this weight off! I am praying that I will be able to do the same!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #72  

Does anyone have any ideas about 4th of July recipes? Also, what would you all suggest while traveling? what should I keep in mind? Any tips?
ahuazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #73  

Re: Supplements when I was losing weight. I would only take HNS and MRC-6 Cortitrim, and Fat & Carb Blocker . Halfway thru my weight challenge, I notice people on this forum ordered elsewhere and that is what I did. I stopped the MRC-6 and Cortitrim completely, and ordered my HNS from Diet Direct when they were on sale. That included their Cocoa. There is no exact replacement for Fat & Carb Blocker and I still take that, but only when I eat out. I take maybe one HNS a day now or none.

For you that were here when I was losing weight, you recall me having some issues with MRC and all the supplements they were pushing and I don't blame them, that is their job, and I guess that is where they make their money, but I refused and kept refusing. Told them I wanted to try without them and I stuck to my guns. My friend who is on maintenance also with MRC, told them she had medical issues and doctor said to stay off all supplements and that worked for her. Another one of my friends on MRC told them the truth, her budget would not afford all the supplements.

If I ran out of HNS from MRC, then I would buy a box till Diet Direct had them.And I buy my Fat & Carb Blocker from them.

I do believe that HNS is part of the losing weight program, and I did take them till I lost the weight, but like I said, started buying from Diet Direct when on sale. The HNS I order from Diet Direct is called Proti Diet, and I do not order the powdered , I like the concentrated gel ones.

The only difference in Nutrition facts on HNS is MRC sodium is 15 mg, Diet Direct, 5mg.
MRC Potassium 15, Diet Direct 10
Carbs are the same
Sugars the same and both are 15 g protein.

Cocoa, which is a creamy, I order from Diet Direct, and order Bari Wise Hot Chocolate.. Try the variety pack.. Some yummy flavors.. Cocoa helps my chocolate craving I may get at night. During the summer, I make cocoa during day, refridgerate it and add a slight amount of soy milk and it is a delightful cold drink.

Many take all the supplements from MRC and lost weight and are on maintenance. The choice is yours, really.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #74  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
You go girl! Please show me that you can keep this weight off! I am praying that I will be able to do the same!
cmarty: Yes I am going to keep it off! I've maintained actually for 3 weeks now!!! You can do this!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #75  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
cmarty: Yes I am going to keep it off! I've maintained actually for 3 weeks now!!! You can do this!!
Way to go Skelley! You can keep it off- just keep in mind how wonderful you look and feel now . Marty - that's fantastic!!! I always seem to get the weight off and somehow slide back into my old habits and regain. I guess I get too confident and am like - oh - it's just a few bites or just a few drinks then next thing you know I'm on the couch mindlessly eating crap.

Patzi- I agree- the HNSs daily is what really helped in my weight loss because of the extra protein and kept me from over eating and gave me lots of energy. Plus they were like a dessert so I didn't miss the candy and junk I was eating. I was outside sales at the time so the HNSs were convenient ( I had a shaker bottle and always kept a cooler of ice water and powder w/ me.). The protein bars were also lifesavers and kept me from the fast food drive thrus
I love Diet Direct and some of the other websites because they had a bigger variety of high protein foods than MRC.
This is funny but even on vacation I lost 2 pounds and still had my cocktails daily on the beach. BECAUSE I mixed the tequila with the Protidiet Pink lemonade and lots of fresh limes! I mixed the Syntrax Chocolate Truffle w/ diet Dr Pepper and ice, blended in my Oster mini and it was just like a delish Chocolate Float . The Syntrax Vanilla Bean with diet orange soda was like a Dreamcicle YUM! So I never felt deprived. Ok I'm ready! Ill be on plan starting tomorrow!

Last edited by bigdog; 06-29-2014 at 06:26 PM.