Old 06-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #31  

I had maintenance weigh in this morning and maintained, still 5 pounds under goal, so I am happy about that.

Wishing y'all a great weigh loss week.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #32  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post
Hello all,

I just starting with MRC on 6/5/14 and lost 7.2 the first week. I am starting to get discouraged because I am missing chocolate so much. What dose one do?
Get the HNS hot chocolate or the vanilla wafer bars
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #33  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and maintained, still 5 pounds under goal, so I am happy about that.

Wishing y'all a great weigh loss week.

Patzi
congrats patzi, I go Friday for my first weigh in for maintenance!

Its so nice to have that skinny feeling back again!

Last edited by skelley331; 06-17-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:21 AM   #34  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Okay I can fit in to my size 10's now from last October. Not bad for three months on plan. I still have a couple sizes to go to fit into all the clothes I purchased after making maintenance last year, so it's important to me that I don't allow this trip home (for my sister's wedding) to derail me. Will be gone for two weeks. Trick will be to keep on plan while staying with overweight family, who will pick on me. We have lots of day trips planned with eating out for lunch, and potlucks or cookouts for dinner. I'm going to have to be good about getting up early and preparing my food for the day to bring with. Not gonna be easy - I'll have my three young kids with me and hubby is not coming. I'm bringing my HNS's with me. I'm thinking I better stop at the center and buy some bars. Never used those while on plan before but will need the convenience while traveling. I'm not going to bring my kitchen scale - I know I will invite all kinds of criticism if they catch me weighing my food and it's going to be tough enough as it is. Will be a good exercise in letting go of the perfection and trusting the healthy choices and "close enough" portion sizes.

Regarding missing your chocolate newbee, you have to make it a few weeks into program before you're allowed the "creamy" HNS's, but once you can add them I found the chocolate pudding HNS to be quite good. I think the Proti-Diet hot chocolate is better than MRC's and has the same stats. The brownie recipe posted works with either the hot chocolate or the pudding mix. I've only made it with pudding mix and discovered I prefer not to cook it. Mix it up and eat as-is and it's like getting to eat fudge frosting or brownie batter. It's been my new fave. I also love to do the chocolate very high protein meal replacement shakes. They are expensive though. I haven't tried the regular meal replacement shakes yet. Good luck!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #35  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Okay I can fit in to my size 10's now from last October. Not bad for three months on plan. I still have a couple sizes to go to fit into all the clothes I purchased after making maintenance last year, so it's important to me that I don't allow this trip home (for my sister's wedding) to derail me. Will be gone for two weeks. Trick will be to keep on plan while staying with overweight family, who will pick on me. We have lots of day trips planned with eating out for lunch, and potlucks or cookouts for dinner. I'm going to have to be good about getting up early and preparing my food for the day to bring with. Not gonna be easy - I'll have my three young kids with me and hubby is not coming. I'm bringing my HNS's with me. I'm thinking I better stop at the center and buy some bars. Never used those while on plan before but will need the convenience while traveling. I'm not going to bring my kitchen scale - I know I will invite all kinds of criticism if they catch me weighing my food and it's going to be tough enough as it is. Will be a good exercise in letting go of the perfection and trusting the healthy choices and "close enough" portion sizes.

Regarding missing your chocolate newbee, you have to make it a few weeks into program before you're allowed the "creamy" HNS's, but once you can add them I found the chocolate pudding HNS to be quite good. I think the Proti-Diet hot chocolate is better than MRC's and has the same stats. The brownie recipe posted works with either the hot chocolate or the pudding mix. I've only made it with pudding mix and discovered I prefer not to cook it. Mix it up and eat as-is and it's like getting to eat fudge frosting or brownie batter. It's been my new fave. I also love to do the chocolate very high protein meal replacement shakes. They are expensive though. I haven't tried the regular meal replacement shakes yet. Good luck!
Going4fit: Congrats on the size 10's I knew you could do it, and you can do this on the trip, you have bounced back with vengeance, I wouldn't let anyone get to you, remember you are doing this for yourself not anyone else. I take my weigh scale with me all the time, I don't care what others think, this is my body and I'm the one in it. Goodluck and try and have a good time!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Don't you hate it when family and friends disparage you while you're trying to be healthy? My mom's sister has been trying to get mom to lose weight and exercise for a couple of years. Now that mom's healthy (and losing weight much more quickly and easily than my aunt), her sister keeps making snide comments about how "rigid" mom's diet is. Thankfully, another aunt is doing the program, so she's on team MRC Plus, my sister and all of mom's close friends are thrilled for her.
Going4Fit, all of us here think you're doing great! So check in when you need some encouragement! You know you'll get it here! I hope your trip is better than you could imagine
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #37  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
Don't you hate it when family and friends disparage you while you're trying to be healthy? My mom's sister has been trying to get mom to lose weight and exercise for a couple of years. Now that mom's healthy (and losing weight much more quickly and easily than my aunt), her sister keeps making snide comments about how "rigid" mom's diet is. Thankfully, another aunt is doing the program, so she's on team MRC Plus, my sister and all of mom's close friends are thrilled for her.
Going4Fit, all of us here think you're doing great! So check in when you need some encouragement! You know you'll get it here! I hope your trip is better than you could imagine
AshelyRae: I totally agree, why do people have to be that way! Jealousy!!!
Hope you are doing great!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #38  

I'm doing alright, but I'm not really enjoying transition. That's not to say that I want to or that any of us should give up! Not at all! I just got the menu for the second week, and I don't like any of the starchy veggies that I'm supposed to add. I asked if I could just double up on broccoli, spinach, green beans, or zucchini (those are my favorite veggies anyway), but was told I needed to eat the starchy ones. I don't understand why, considering that after this week I won't eat any of them ever. I may talk with some of the other consultants at the center to see if that would be permissible

Did any of you maintenance MRC'ers struggle with transition? I really feel like I just want to add a bit more of the same foods I'm already eating (of the veggies and protein, not necessarily the starches). Did you skip the starchier vegetables and just eat more of the green menu ones?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #39  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I'm doing alright, but I'm not really enjoying transition. That's not to say that I want to or that any of us should give up! Not at all! I just got the menu for the second week, and I don't like any of the starchy veggies that I'm supposed to add. I asked if I could just double up on broccoli, spinach, green beans, or zucchini (those are my favorite veggies anyway), but was told I needed to eat the starchy ones. I don't understand why, considering that after this week I won't eat any of them ever. I may talk with some of the other consultants at the center to see if that would be permissible

Did any of you maintenance MRC'ers struggle with transition? I really feel like I just want to add a bit more of the same foods I'm already eating (of the veggies and protein, not necessarily the starches). Did you skip the starchier vegetables and just eat more of the green menu ones?

AshleyRae: I followed the transitions foods that way I knew which ones would make me gain and all 4wks I lost weight LOL! Just know that after transition it's all counting calories and eating really healthy but you don't have to stick to the green menu or their foods, in fact I've been eating what I want in moderation and this week so far I'm down another lb, I go weigh in Friday, go figure huh
Old 06-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #40  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:

The only transition food I really struggled with was the dairy. I had already been dairy free for a year before starting MRC because I'd breast-fed my youngest who had a milk allergy. On plan I'd added cottage cheese and cheddar cheese back in and enjoyed it, but didn't see the point in transition of having to specifically add milk or yogurt. I bought some little yogurts and just made myself do it, but yeah I see your point - have never had yogurt again since.

Here's how I did the starchy vegetables: I loved the MRC taco chili while on plan (it's made with the tomato-basil HNS). I mixed my serving of corn into it during transition. Also was able to start adding olives and sour cream during transition which made it a real feast. And after I made it to maintenance I learned to make it with tomato paste and seasonings so I wasn't having to use expensive HNS's to cook with. The other starchy vegetable I liked was peas.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I remember in October hating being this size 10, but after getting back up to a 14/16 through the winter, this feels pretty good. Skinny jeans are on the horizon.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #41  

Quote:

I did not struggle in transition , but I had them change many of the items on menus when I could not tolerate them, or did not like them. To this date, I eat in moderation starchy veggies, but I do eat them . For winter squash, I bake it with onions and eggplant and lots of nice herbs.. Only way I can eat it, but I love it that way. But all in all, talk to another consultant and tell her how you feel. Now that I think of it, I do not like carrots, and very rarely eat them , but hubby does, so I bake them with other hard veggies , and eat a few..

Let me know how you make out.

Patzi
Old 06-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #42  

I took a detour, friends. I was struggling with transition, and this week has been crazy hectic and stressful. I was gaining weight (likely from stress) even though I stayed on plan with the transition menu. But, it was all too much for me. So, I've asked to go back on green menu for another 4 weeks. I was up about 3 pounds during transition and it didn't seem to want to come off...just kept creeping up. So, they suggested I drop more weight to give myself a bigger cushion. I'm feeling a lot better about things, but I know I've got to suck it up and go through transition eventually. So, allow me to wuss out and put it off for another month. I know, I'm a big chicken
Old 06-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #43  

Quote:
I took a detour, friends. I was struggling with transition, and this week has been crazy hectic and stressful. I was gaining weight (likely from stress) even though I stayed on plan with the transition menu. But, it was all too much for me. So, I've asked to go back on green menu for another 4 weeks. I was up about 3 pounds during transition and it didn't seem to want to come off...just kept creeping up. So, they suggested I drop more weight to give myself a bigger cushion. I'm feeling a lot better about things, but I know I've got to suck it up and go through transition eventually. So, allow me to wuss out and put it off for another month. I know, I'm a big chicken
Ashley...

You are doing what feels right for you. When you are ready you will know it. We are all different.. You are not a big chicken at all. When you do go on transition and if you gain weight have the consultant find out why and tweek the diet for you.. That is what I did more than once. You will be fine. You are now where you are comfortable and that is what is important.

Patzi
Old 06-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #44  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Brussel Sprouts sprayed with olive oil or olive oil Pam are so good roasted in the oven. Grilled corn- yum! Squash, zucchini, onions sautéed in a little olive oil or spray butter with cracked black pepper and sea salt rocks! Look thru the recipes on this site for a variety. The choices MRC will give you suck! (Lol! My experience anyway). You guys on this thread have helped me explore new good choices that kept me on plan.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Brussel Sprouts sprayed with olive oil or olive oil Pam are so good roasted in the oven. Grilled corn- yum! Squash, zucchini, onions sautéed in a little olive oil or spray butter with cracked black pepper and sea salt rocks! Look thru the recipes on this site for a variety. The choices MRC will give you suck! (Lol! My experience anyway). You guys on this thread have helped me explore new good choices that kept me on plan.
Big Dog..

Welcome back... I wish you all the best in your new challenge.. Nice to see your name ...

Patzi