Old 05-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #31  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Thanks Patzi, I'm glad I'm still here. Started my transition yesterday and today I'm doing great, I think I'm finally there!!! goodluck today!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #32  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Some of you may remember I have to wear a bridesmaid dress in my sister's wedding in June. I was pretty depressed for a while, since I am not as thin as I was when I hit maintenance last year and I have to see all this family and be in all these pictures. Ugh. To make things worse, my sister has us wearing strapless dresses. I've never worn anything strapless in my life! So I finally snapped out of my depression and went back on plan, knowing I could drop a few pounds at least. Well I have dropped a few pounds but the joke is on me: all the weight came off my boobs. So now I'm still wearing a larger size than I'm happy with, and I have no boobs to fill out that strapless dress!

Eh, what can you do. Still feels good to be eating so clean and I got so much done yesterday with the good weather and my kids behaving. I'm grateful.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #33  

I had maintenance weigh in and I maintained, still 5 pounds under goal.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #34  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Some of you may remember I have to wear a bridesmaid dress in my sister's wedding in June. I was pretty depressed for a while, since I am not as thin as I was when I hit maintenance last year and I have to see all this family and be in all these pictures. Ugh. To make things worse, my sister has us wearing strapless dresses. I've never worn anything strapless in my life! So I finally snapped out of my depression and went back on plan, knowing I could drop a few pounds at least. Well I have dropped a few pounds but the joke is on me: all the weight came off my boobs. So now I'm still wearing a larger size than I'm happy with, and I have no boobs to fill out that strapless dress!

Eh, what can you do. Still feels good to be eating so clean and I got so much done yesterday with the good weather and my kids behaving. I'm grateful.
I feel your pain. At my heaviest last year I was in my sister's wedding and had to wear a strapless. Oh what a difference a year makes. I am 30 lbs lighter and know I would totally ROCK that strapless dress today - IF I COULD KEEP IT ON!!! I am 3 dress sizes smaller. Still would like to go down 20 more but slow and steady is an enjoyable pace right now - all in good time.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #35  
gumdropmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Went in and weighed in Friday lost 1.5 lbs and total of 12"! got my transition for week one!! I'm going to start it Monday, went camping over the weekend and it was crazy so I thought starting on Monday would be a easier day to start! Looking forward to it and starting a new chapter.

AshleyRae congrats on signing the 20lbs board!!! YAY!! new you could do it.

Patzi, I'm so ready to start my transition and moving into maintenance!!
So happy for you! That's great!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I found all of those lovely Walden Farms products recently (I'd been using the dressings, but I found the alfredo sauce and dessert sauces - woohoo!). Does anyone have a good recipe in which to use the alfredo sauce? I'm drawing a blank.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #37  

Never mind about the alfredo sauce. I don't think there's any good way to use that. Ick!

On the plus side, I hopped on my scale yesterday evening and thought it was pranking me. I don't EVER recall weighing this little. I've still got over a month left on program, so I'm ready to hit this one out of the park!

Stay on plan, friends. It's sooooooo worth it!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #38  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
Never mind about the alfredo sauce. I don't think there's any good way to use that. Ick!

On the plus side, I hopped on my scale yesterday evening and thought it was pranking me. I don't EVER recall weighing this little. I've still got over a month left on program, so I'm ready to hit this one out of the park!

Stay on plan, friends. It's sooooooo worth it!
Walden farms are so hit and miss aren't they? I thought the chocolate sauce surely couldn't taste any different than a bottle of shampoo. But some people love it. *shrug*

Love your scale victory! You're doing so well!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #39  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdropmom View Post
I'm so intrigued by the buffalo=bison and red meat characteristics. I guess I ought to give it a whirl. Do you eat it regularly? Like it?
Bison is quite pricey. At costco it's $8/lb and you have to buy two pounds. So it's too expensive to justify eating regularly, but I do like to get it every now and then because it's nice to have something different. To me, the ground bison is quite similar to ground beef. I like it. I just shape it into patties and season with Mrs. Dash and fry it or cook it on my griddler. I like it with a bit of dijonnaise too, or Braggs liquid aminos.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #40  
gumdropmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Bison is quite pricey. At costco it's $8/lb and you have to buy two pounds. So it's too expensive to justify eating regularly, but I do like to get it every now and then because it's nice to have something different. To me, the ground bison is quite similar to ground beef. I like it. I just shape it into patties and season with Mrs. Dash and fry it or cook it on my griddler. I like it with a bit of dijonnaise too, or Braggs liquid aminos.
Wowzers! I haven't even looked at it to know. If I'm going to spend that I'd probably spend it on salmon or something like that. Plus...I literally have a freezer full of grass fed beef. It is hard to consider spending $$$ on something similar to red meat right now - lol! I only cook with it a couple times per week. My family would love to have beef every night...but that wouldn't be healthy Now if I just had a stockpile of chicken and tilapia....
Old 05-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #41  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

I made it thru week 1 of my transition, got to add another fruit/starch everyday, week 2 I get to add dairy! The great thing is I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs!! Yahoo!!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #42  

GO SKELLEY!!! That's fantastic!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #43  
gumdropmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I made it thru week 1 of my transition, got to add another fruit/starch everyday, week 2 I get to add dairy! The great thing is I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs!! Yahoo!!!
so excited for you! That must feel so amazing
Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I am back from my cruise. I did go off plan and ate pretty much what I wanted, just tried to portion control. I was up 2.5 lbs at weigh in. I am going to try the MetaQuick plan using the meal replacement shakes an bars for 2 meals a day to help me get back on track.
I am happy to hear everyone is doing well!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #45  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Ashley Rae and Skelley: Congrats on the loss. That is so awesome.

Geo: welcome back. Hope you had a great time. That little extra will be gone in no time!I strained my hip muscles so am not working working out like I have been. I'm trying to rest it. I'm also retaining water for some reason. My ring fits tight. No surprise the scale is up a couple of pounds. I'm going back on the yellow and blue plans for 10 days to see it that shakes things up a bit. And water, water, water, to try and flush things out.

It's Friday...hooray!
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote