Old 05-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #16  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner695 View Post
I'm sort of bouncing around on whether I should do the supplements too...I'm losing ok on my own - down 14 pounds in a month, but it would be great if the supplements made it go faster.

Congrats on starting stabilization skelley! Can't wait to get there...I've always had such a hard time with maintaining weight loss that it is a little scary.
beachrunner695: Thanks I'm hoping this time I can stay in maintenance!
The supplements that helped me lose are the cortitrim for belly fat and the MRC-6 which is a big help with inches. But I know everyone is different, problem is you really need to try them for at least 60 days they say it takes at 30 days for it to get into your system. goodluck
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #17  

I had maintenance weign in this week and I lost the 2 pounds I gained last weigh in. I am back down to 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing everyone a great weight loss week.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #18  
Sherry, Senior Member

Patzi: Congrats on your loss!!! I knew you would do it.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone!
I have been doing great and am down to 177.2! I can't figure out how to change my ticker! Lol. I leave tomorrow for a 4 day cruise out of New Orleans to Cozumel. My son and his girlfriend and a close friend of mine are going too. I am not taking all of my supplements with me, just the Phentratrim plus and the fat and carb blocker. I plan on eating sensibly and try not to gain more than a couple of pounds. This is a much needed break from my stressful job. I get 4 weeks a year vacation but for the last year I was unable to take more than a 4 day weekend. I now have trained someone to cover for me.
Have a great week!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #20  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Hi Everyone, Happy Thursday. After the drop in the scale last week it's been bouncing up and down and all around. Lots of daily fluid shifts. I'm still sticking to plan so I'm doing my part. The one thing I notice is I'm losing so much slower this time. Oh well. Onward and downward.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #21  

I went to weigh in yesterday and I was down 6.5 pounds! That puts my total to 20 in about 40 days.
hlw121411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #22  

Geo...
Congrats on where you are today and how great you have done.. When I travel, I take HNS , fat and carb blocker. Have fun, you earned it..

Have a wonderful time on your vacation.. Sounds wonderful..

Skelley... How are you liking stabilization?

Hope y'all are doing well.

Patzi
Old 05-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #23  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

BTW, I did follow up with the center and yes buffalo=bison (thanks Skelley, actually hadn't seen your reply in last months thread until now) and though she couldn't explain how it was allowed daily when it's stats read like a red meat, she assured me to not worry about it and have it whenever I wanted.

Also, keep forgetting to post this for those who like the soups and bouillon and hot chocolate HNS's. It's an appliance I splurged on at Costco a couple of years ago called the Capresso frothPRO. It heats and mixes at the same time! No lumps! Love, love, love it. Has fluid level markings inside, so I just fill it with 8 to 10 ounces of water, put my HNS in, put the lid on and push the button.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #24  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
BTW, I did follow up with the center and yes buffalo=bison (thanks Skelley, actually hadn't seen your reply in last months thread until now) and though she couldn't explain how it was allowed daily when it's stats read like a red meat, she assured me to not worry about it and have it whenever I wanted.

Also, keep forgetting to post this for those who like the soups and bouillon and hot chocolate HNS's. It's an appliance I splurged on at Costco a couple of years ago called the Capresso frothPRO. It heats and mixes at the same time! No lumps! Love, love, love it. Has fluid level markings inside, so I just fill it with 8 to 10 ounces of water, put my HNS in, put the lid on and push the button.
I'm so intrigued by the buffalo=bison and red meat characteristics. I guess I ought to give it a whirl. Do you eat it regularly? Like it?
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #25  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlw121411 View Post
I went to weigh in yesterday and I was down 6.5 pounds! That puts my total to 20 in about 40 days.
Wow! That's crazy amazing! I have 19 to go to hit the "goal" - 40 days would be awesome
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Guess who got to sign the 20 pound board today. ME!!! Finally! After bouncing around and toying with me for two weeks, the scale finally dropped.

I'm one happy girl...who also happens to be rocking some size 12 skinny jeans without feeling silly. I also weighed after getting about 8 inches chopped off of my hair, so that may have given me an edge - haha!

Onwards and DOWNwards, friends! Enjoy an on-plan weekend!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #27  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

AshleyRae: congratulations on the loss. That is so awesome, especially with the ups and downs of the past two weeks. Stabilization here you come.

Geo and HLW: Congrats to you guys, too.

Wishing everyone an On Plan weekend.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #28  
Sherry, Senior Member

Went in and weighed in Friday lost 1.5 lbs and total of 12"! got my transition for week one!! I'm going to start it Monday, went camping over the weekend and it was crazy so I thought starting on Monday would be a easier day to start! Looking forward to it and starting a new chapter.

AshleyRae congrats on signing the 20lbs board!!! YAY!! new you could do it.

Patzi, I'm so ready to start my transition and moving into maintenance!!

Last edited by skelley331; 05-11-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #29  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Default A bigger bowl of Jello

Hey all,

I've posted this before, but I found a new flavored water to use that is non-carbonated, and I've updated my preparation method so I'm sharing again. For those of you that enjoy bigger portions, this recipe makes a bowl of gelatin using one clear HNS that is 3x times the volume of the strawberry banana HNS's (12oz instead of 4). It's completely allowed on plan - MRC allows you to add a packet of unflavored gelatin to any of the liquid HNS's. I've just figured out the right ratio of zero calorie flavored beverage to add to get a good consistency.

The new flavored water I like to use I found at Costco - it's called Propel Zero. There are three flavors in the Costco pack: Berry, Grape, and Kiwi Strawberry. All are very complimentary to any of the liquid HNS's I've tried them in. I've made grape, wild berry, orange, and blue raspberry, mixing them with different flavored waters all to good effect.

My bowls are different sized here, so it's hard to get a feel for volume, but on the left is a bowl of grape jello I made with my recipe (1 1/2 cups total), and on the right is the strawberry banana gelatin HNS made according to box directions (1/2 cup total).
HNS gelatin.jpg

Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 C flavored, zero calorie beverage divided equally into two 3/4 C portions
1 packet clear HNS
1 packet unflavored gelatin

1. In a bowl, add 3/4 C flavored beverage and one liquid HNS and set aside, no need to stir.
2. In a small saucepan add remaining 3/4 C beverage and heat on high.
3. When beverage starts to simmer on the stove, sprinkle the packet of gelatin over the HNS mixture in the bowl and time for 1 minute. (If stove beverage begins to boil before minute is up, turn off heat).
4. After one minute, pour the hot beverage into your bowl and stir to combine until all gelatin is dissolved.
5. Refrigerate until firm, typically about three hours.
Enjoy!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #30  

Skelley..

I am so glad you did not leave as I did not want to see that happen, and look at you, on your way to maintenance.. Give yourself a pat on the back. You sure deserve it. Proud of you for sticking to the challenge.

Going4Fit.. Thanks for recipe. I definately will try that. Thanks for sharing.

I am on my way to weigh in , so be back later to report ..

Wishing y'all a great week, think thin, and congrats to all those that lost whether it be pounds or inches, it all ends up at the end.
Patzi