Old 03-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #31  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN
Us, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.
Thank you so much!

Last edited by AshleyRae; 03-05-2014 at 03:27 PM.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #33  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
Us, too

Thank you so much!
You and your mom go to the Columbus, IN center, that's awesome
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #35  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!
Yes what a small world! I think there are only a few centers here in Indiana! When do you and your mom go to the center? I'm going this Saturday to weigh in and I get measured this time for inches.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!
I LOVE spaghetti squash and cook mine in the microwave to make it a little quicker. Lop off the ends, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds. Place face down in a 13x9 glass pan and add an inch of water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and cook on high about 20 minutes. I've never thought about roasting the seeds!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

So I went to the center last night after feeling really discouraged with being hungry a lot and not losing weight again. We are gonna try switching up my breakfast to see if that helps any. In 11 days, I have only lost a half of a pound BUT I did gain 4 pounds of lean muscle and my fat percentage went down. Yes that's good but I hate that I am always focusing on that darn number on the scales
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #39  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

bombshellinprogress - Ugh, that would be frustrating! Yes, the muscle gain and fat % reduction are FANTASTIC - but I know how you feel - Especially when you have worked so hard!

I weigh in on Saturday but am not looking forward to it because of my indiscretion earlier in the week. I didn't let that one day tank my week though and have been on program ever since. I read something the other day but can't remember where - something to the effect of "If you get a flat tire, you fix it and move on. You don't slash the other three..."

Geo56 - I don't think I ever had spaghetti squash before joining MRC. I love it! I am experimenting with all kinds of recipes that I wouldn't have tried before. I am looking for some buffalo burger this weekend!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #40  

Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Yeah! I got to sign the 10 lb poster! It really hasn't been that hard. 43 more to go!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #42  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
Yeah! I got to sign the 10 lb poster! It really hasn't been that hard. 43 more to go!
geo56: Woot Woot! congrats on the 10lbs poster!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #43  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I
Patzi: wow I sure hope one day I can stay on maintenance they way you have, you are our inspiration!!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

bombshell - 1/2lb in 11 days? Yes, I would start demanding a menu change up. A week plateau is one thing, but 11 days is crazy. I'm sure they'll try to talk you into more supplements; I would stick with food changes. So sorry! That is so frustrating!

geo - YAY! Bet that feels great!!!

patzi - way to go! And thanks for the chili idea!

The B12 injections seem to be doing me some good. I've not felt the need to nap all day. Rode horses and did crossfit yesterday and slept better than I have in two weeks. Maybe my kids will like me a little more today... hehehe.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #45  
Sherry, Senior Member

Happy Friday everyone! I'm not so happy today, last night I couldn't control my late night eating habit!! I ended up eating a MRC vanilla wafer bar, then to top it off I ate ruffles chips! I hate this so much. This happened after I finished doing the MRC program last year and that's why I gained 19lbs back. Maybe I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated right now. I haven't been able to stick to the plan 100% since I re-started. When I did it the first time I did great why can't I do it now?? I just want to cry