Old 03-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
bombshellinprogress - I was wondering the same thing so I looked on the MRC web store page. Here is a description of the ingredients and how it works:

http://www.weightlossmrc.com/weight-...lucose-formula

I had to email them about all of the typos on this page! I know I find a source less credible if it is filled with typos.....

Happy Monday everyone! I am feeling the time change this morning, yuck. Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!!
Thanks!!!!!!
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #77  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
Did you purchase the supplement at MRC?
Yes it's the metabolic glucose
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #78  
Sherry, Senior Member

Most of my late night cravings aren't hunger just a habit so I spoke with the MRC center and they had told me to take two capsules at dinner and then I just spoke with them again to make sure and they advised me to split them up, one after lunch and then one after dinner. My plan is to wean myself off the habit so do the hot chocolate then the capsule and then gradually do less each week.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #79  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

AshleyRae - are you feeling better?

Tractorbeam - how is it going?
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ladies, I'm back...but only just. I ended up going to the doctor on Thursday with terrible acid reflux, 2 hours of sleep/night for 6 nights and a fever. Saturday, I ended up in the emergency room with an even higher fever and terrible pain...and one hour of sleep for two nights straight. Delirious would have been a better deal than how I felt. After running through all sorts of tests, the doctors have concluded that I have a terrible virus (unknown type) and just have to suffer through On the plus side, I'm feeling a bit better and have tomorrow off work; hopefully, this crud will take a hike.

I had, indeed, gone into starvation mode, but I was still down 3 pounds. Finding the energy to eat/fix anything is a chore, but I'm working on it.

Mom has lost a total of 7 pounds. She was so hoping to sign that 10 pound board, but she'll get there. We'll ALL get to sign those boards! WE ARE WORTH IT! WE ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT EVEN
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

AshleyRae- glad you are feeling better. I have a friend who has a similar virus and it has taken her weeks to get better.
I too started taking the glucose. I am taking one a day mid-afternoon.
I lost 2 more lbs for a total of 12!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #82  
Idaho

AshleyRae - WOW, that sounds terrible! I hope you recover soon!!!!

Geo56 - wow, you are going to be at your goal in no time!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Selway! My original goal is 150 but would like to get to 135. We'll see.
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #84  
Sherry, Senior Member

AshleyRay: Wow I too hope you get better soon, so sorry to hear what you have to go thru. congrats to you and your mom on your losses!!!

Geo56: I'm going to start tomorrow taking the glucose mid-afternoon and after dinner. tonight I took it after dinner and so far so good on no cravings
Will weigh in Wednesday so i'll see how it goes.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

AshleyRay - sounds HORRIBLE. I'm so sorry!

Everyone else - sounds like we all have renewed energy! yay! Keep it up!!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 227.5 / 211 / 165

Height: 5'4"

selway, thanks for asking about me! I had weigh-in last Friday and was down 4 pounds. I lost 4 pounds my preconditioning week, 1.5 pounds my first week on the beige menu, and 4 pounds last week. That's a total of 9.5 pounds in 3 weeks so I am psyched!

For those of you having problems with hunger between meals, the girl at my center said I could eat some raw veggies in between meals. I find I'm hungry between lunch and dinner, so I eat some broccoli or cauliflower and I'm good to go. I also got rid of everything in my house that was a temptation and I live 10 miles from the nearest food store. I do all my grocery shopping on weekends, right after breakfast, so I'm not tempted (because of hunger) to buy things I know I shouldn't have. These are the little things that help me stay on plan.

Lunch time is the hardest for me. I own a business and 3 other people work in the office with me. Seeing them eating Chinese and cheeseburgers is really difficult for me some days. I bring a salad with egg for lunch every day (and crushed Melba toast), so I eat before they eat. It helps, because I'm not hungry when they all eat. It still smells good though. But it's not bothering me near as much as it did 3 weeks ago. Plus I'm saving money not eating out every day.
tractorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #87  
Idaho

tractorbeam - 9.5 lbs is awesome!!! I am saving a ton of money by not eating out and am applying that to small rewards for every 25 pounds lost (since I have so far to go....).

It is interesting that different centers give different advice. I remember my counselor telling me only water between meals and a fiber drink if necessary. She said that the ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be thrown off if I had any more than the plan allowed.

I'm feeling strong/determined today and am excited for another day of working towards the new me! Everyone have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

So after a binge on friday and saturday I am finally back down to what I weighed before my excursion. So from Sunday until today I lost 4 pounds. Yes, I know alot was probably water but still. It's a nightmare to gain 4 pounds over two days!!! So I guess either today or tomorrow I'll be back into fat burn mode and hopefully this little shock to my body will jumpstart my losing again after being stuck for weeks.
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #89  
Idaho

bombshellinprogress - you got a ticker! I hope that jumpstarts you too, that has to be so frustrating!

Skelley331 - so happy the glucose is helping!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 227.5 / 211 / 165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
She said that the ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be thrown off if I had any more than the plan allowed.
selway, I usually don't eat the amount of protein required. I cannot eat 6 ozs. of chicken/pork/fish. I average about 3.5 ozs of protein. I probably eat 4-6 ozs. of cooked veggies each night. Some days, I forget to eat fruit and/or starch. Fruit is my after-dinner treat, but most nights I fall asleep before eating it. It doesn't seem to be affecting me so far.

I also don't eat starch some days because I forget my Melba toast for my lunch. I hate wheat bread, so I only have it on weekends when I have French toast for breakfast. I have the pre-made shakes for breakfast during the week, because I get to work at 7AM. I'm too lazy to get up and make breakfast every morning. I did have 2 entire whole-grain tortillas Sunday night because I made chicken fajitas with fresh pico. They were too yummy to have half a tortilla.

Some days, between lunch and dinner, when raw veggies just don't curb my hunger, I eat 1 oz. of cheese. I have no idea why I'm telling y'all all this. I guess to demonstrate that while I stay on plan, for the most part, there are days where I eat more or less than what's required.
tractorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote