3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC January 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/291082-mrc-january-2014-a.html)

MarleneV 12-31-2013 11:08 PM

MRC January 2014

Hi all :wave:

Hope that everyone has a good start to the new year. Good luck on achieving your goals, either related to health & weight loss/maintenance , or other areas of your life. if it helps you, feel free to share those goals with us.

aschooley29 01-01-2014 06:11 PM

My goal is to stay on plan without cheating until I lose the rest of the weight. And then be able to maintain.

I did really well until Christmas Eve. Then it all went down hill. I have now been off of plan since then. Today is my first day back on plan. I have figured out that any sugar is a trigger food for me. If I take even one bite I crave it badly!! This is going to be a hard week while my body gets rid of the cravings. Any support/ inspiration I can get right now is very welcome. ;)

MarleneV 01-01-2014 08:53 PM

Aschooley, that happens...

The big thing is that you've acknowledged it, and are now back On program.

I had some chocolate chip cookies and chocolate pie on Christmas myself. The next day, I didn't feel well at all. I was lightheaded in the morning when I got out of bed, and just not myself all day. I'm pretty sure it was the sugar... I got rid of the rest of it by making sure the the cookies went away & my daughter ate the last of the pie... Not that good for her either, but she can stand the calories.

Lady67 01-02-2014 12:14 PM

I love sugar also, but have also found that it does not love me. I binged and ate a bunch of Christmas goodies. The next day I had stomach cramps and had a hard time eating period.

I have not stepped on a scale since the 19th of December. I will go step on tonight.. oh am not looking forward to this as I have NOT been a good girl. :/

Well, am back on track today... and will stay there tomorrow! I so want to get rid of the last of the weight...

MarleneV 01-03-2014 12:48 AM

My goals for 2014 are:

Stay in maintenance range
Be open to career possibilities
Climb what passes for a mountain in Texas
Spend more "off" time with DH

Lady67 01-03-2014 11:59 AM

Well, ya do silly things, ya reap the consequences. I binged and ate sugar and gained 2 lbs!

Have been on track for 2 days now. I will get those 2 lbs off...

Problem is on Jan 12 I am flying out of the country... and have no idea what food there will be for me to eat. I cannot take my HNS etc, so will have to just be "mindful" of what I eat.

On a positive note, for 2014 my goal is:

Loose the remaining weight and enter maintenance.
Look at new career options or start my Master's degree.
Find peace.

Happy New Year's everyone. May your 2014 be wonderful.

AshleyRae 01-03-2014 06:32 PM

I almost caved. In fact, I was actually getting up to go to the kitchen to eat off plan...until I picked up my baby and she'd messed completely through her outfit. She needed a bath, and that took my mind off of snacking off plan. Woohoo? ;)

My resolutions:
Lose remaining pregnancy weight
Clean out and organize the cellar
Volunteer consistently with the local Pregnancy Care Center

MarleneV 01-03-2014 10:50 PM

Lady Why can't you take your HNS? I did on all of the trips I took while on program (and still do because I'll have one a couple of times a week)? Where are you going? Have a great trip!

Ashley, whatever works, right? Glad that it was a good distraction.

Lady67 01-06-2014 08:33 AM

I am going out of the country and they do not allow food/drink to be brought into this country.

bsbarlow 01-06-2014 02:38 PM

Hello, my name is Billie. I am new here, today is my first day on the program. I did it years ago and had great success. I am glad I found this forum. I live in a small town and our center is only open three days per week.

Lady67 01-07-2014 09:50 AM

Hi Billie :)

Welcome! This is a great place, I have gotten some fantastic support from the ladies here. It is nice to be able to talk through things with people that are going through it at the same time.

bsbarlow 01-07-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady67 (Post 4913238)
Hi Billie :)

Welcome! This is a great place, I have gotten some fantastic support from the ladies here. It is nice to be able to talk through things with people that are going through it at the same time.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward the the journey and small victories...like making it thru the first day. By-the way...how do I an a tracker?:dizzy:

Sherral 01-07-2014 10:42 AM

Hi . I am not new to the boards for MRC. I belonged a couple of years ago. I have managed to gain all back plus due to stress and other factors. I am going to go back on program beginning tomorrow. I have the diet and most of the supplements. The girls at my center are great and I will probably go visit them when I run out. This plan works. It is tough to get started but I am hoping the tightness of my clothes and talking with all of you will help to keep me titivated. The first couple of weeks are the toughest. So, here we go.

Lady67 01-07-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbarlow (Post 4913254)
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward the the journey and small victories...like making it thru the first day. By-the way...how do I an a tracker?:dizzy:

The trackers are part of a signature, and I don't believe you can edit your signature until you have so many posts on the site.

bsbarlow 01-07-2014 02:59 PM

Thanks, I thought I was missing something. :)

bsbarlow 01-07-2014 03:05 PM

I think missed a lot of information from the counsler. She may have thought she did not need to explain as much because I had done the program before but that was over 25yrs ago and I know things have changed and I have forgotten a lot. I signed up for the 17 week program. When she weighed me she said my goal weight is 178. Does that mean I should try to reach 178 in 17 weeks?

patzi 01-07-2014 04:36 PM

I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.. I really worked at this, as I had so many parties, holiday dinners, etc. so I am happy I maintained.

Hope everyone has a great weight loss week.

Patzi

cmarty 01-07-2014 05:53 PM

Hi Everyone!

Well I am fat as ever! My husband was in the hospital for a week and I got off track and stayed off for 2 months. So today, I started over again, I am determined to conquer this weight battle!
Patsy, I really admire your abililty to stay on track. I know this is a lifestyle change and I guess I haven't really made that commitment! I have to though..I don't want to be fat and unhealthy! So girls, I'm here crying again..hoping that one day I can be more of an inspiration rather than a crybaby.
So tomorrow...here I go again

Lady67 01-07-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbarlow (Post 4913514)
I think missed a lot of information from the counsler. She may have thought she did not need to explain as much because I had done the program before but that was over 25yrs ago and I know things have changed and I have forgotten a lot. I signed up for the 17 week program. When she weighed me she said my goal weight is 178. Does that mean I should try to reach 178 in 17 weeks?

It honestly depends on which plan you are on. I am on Meta-Balance and they guarantee if I stay on plan they say I will loose 2 lbs a week. My sister is on Meta-Slim and she was guaranteed to loose 3 lbs a week. We both had to re-up on our plans as the original time was not enough.

Talk to your counselor when you go back in. Make a list of your questions so you don't miss any when you go in.

Lady67 01-07-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherral (Post 4913290)
Hi . I am not new to the boards for MRC. I belonged a couple of years ago. I have managed to gain all back plus due to stress and other factors. I am going to go back on program beginning tomorrow. I have the diet and most of the supplements. The girls at my center are great and I will probably go visit them when I run out. This plan works. It is tough to get started but I am hoping the tightness of my clothes and talking with all of you will help to keep me titivated. The first couple of weeks are the toughest. So, here we go.

Welcome back :)

Lady67 01-07-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarty (Post 4913674)
Hi Everyone!

Well I am fat as ever! My husband was in the hospital for a week and I got off track and stayed off for 2 months. So today, I started over again, I am determined to conquer this weight battle!
Patsy, I really admire your abililty to stay on track. I know this is a lifestyle change and I guess I haven't really made that commitment! I have to though..I don't want to be fat and unhealthy! So girls, I'm here crying again..hoping that one day I can be more of an inspiration rather than a crybaby.

One day at a time cmarty. Husband in hospital is enough to throw anyone off. Will be thinking of you as you start again... and I will be honest... I would LOVE to weigh what you weight now!

Sherral 01-07-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady67 (Post 4913724)
Welcome back :)

Thanks!

patzi 01-08-2014 09:00 AM

cmarty..

Never apologize for telling us anything on this forum.. We are here to help and for support.. And you are not a crybaby.. Best thing is... Your are back after a bad spell and ready to conquer it again and that is a good thing..Take that and go with it..Today is a new day.

Try to journal your food daily.. I still do that on maintenance. I buy this small spiral journal with a happy cover and I journal in that every day. I journal
every drink and morsel of food I intake..If I gain I go back and try to find out
why.

bsbarlow.. Please tell your counselor you need some help. That is what they are paid for no matter how many weeks you bought. No one recalls from the past the complete program and MRC keeps changing things. And I welcome you to the group..If you have any questions at any time, feel free to ask here.

Sherral welcome back..

Lady67 Relative food drinks out of the country.. When I was on the weight loss challenge, I had to go out of country a few times, and in my suitcase I had the individual packets of HNS that I bought from Diet Direct. They were the packets of the dried HNS not the gel and they have a variety pack that is really good.. Just put a shaker bottle in your suitcase. I have had Gel HSN taken from me at the airport going places in US, but never had a problem with the dried in my suitcase..

If I have missed anyone new, I am sorry, but welcome and good luck to all this week on a good weight loss.

Patzi

Lady67 01-08-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4914089)

Lady67 Relative food drinks out of the country.. When I was on the weight loss challenge, I had to go out of country a few times, and in my suitcase I had the individual packets of HNS that I bought from Diet Direct. They were the packets of the dried HNS not the gel and they have a variety pack that is really good.. Just put a shaker bottle in your suitcase. I have had Gel HSN taken from me at the airport going places in US, but never had a problem with the dried in my suitcase..

Patzi

Good to know Patzi. I will see what I can do. Thank you.

bsbarlow 01-08-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4913607)
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.. I really worked at this, as I had so many parties, holiday dinners, etc. so I am happy I maintained.

Hope everyone has a great weight loss week.

Patzi

Congts on your loss and maintenance:)

bsbarlow 01-08-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady67 (Post 4913723)
It honestly depends on which plan you are on. I am on Meta-Balance and they guarantee if I stay on plan they say I will loose 2 lbs a week. My sister is on Meta-Slim and she was guaranteed to loose 3 lbs a week. We both had to re-up on our plans as the original time was not enough.

Talk to your counselor when you go back in. Make a list of your questions so you don't miss any when you go in.

Thanks for the information. It helps to know what to expect.

bsbarlow 01-08-2014 12:09 PM

bsbarlow.. Please tell your counselor you need some help. That is what they are paid for no matter how many weeks you bought. No one recalls from the past the complete program and MRC keeps changing things. And I welcome you to the group..If you have any questions at any time, feel free to ask here.

Patzi[/QUOTE]

Thank you Patzi and all of you. I need all of the help and encouragement I can get. I think this forum is going to be my weight loss lifeline.

bsbarlow 01-09-2014 09:14 AM

Okay, I am on day 4 and my offical weigh-in is tomorrow. I weighed this morning ad am down 3lbs! I hope this is a true loss and tomorrow's weigh-in will reflect this and dare I say it...maybe more!

bsbarlow 01-09-2014 09:21 AM

Are they supposed to take measurements when you start? Mine were not taken.

Lady67 01-09-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbarlow (Post 4915004)
Are they supposed to take measurements when you start? Mine were not taken.

They did with me, but I have also heard that different centers do things differently. Just another question to ask your center when you go in :)

cmarty 01-09-2014 05:21 PM

Lady 67 and Patsy,

Thanks so much for the encouragement I am gradually getting back on track... Today I had vegetable soup ( it probably had some things in it I shouldn't have had) but at least it is not candy or ice cream hope to be back 100 percent too thanks for the idea about the food journal ! That is a great idea! Weigh in Tuesday

MarleneV 01-10-2014 12:02 AM

bsbarlow, Welcome! Hope your weigh-in goes well!

Sherral and cmarty, welcome back!

Lady, I've not had any problems taking the powder in my suitcase or even in my carryon, and I've travelled several times while on program and since. You might check with the airline, but I would take it in the box, so it had the nutritional info with it.

MarleneV 01-10-2014 12:04 AM

cmarty,

If you have a smart phone, I use the MyFitnessPal app, and it really helps because I always have my phone with me. Much easier for me than actually finding that piece of paper & writing it down.

peg51 01-10-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarty (Post 4913674)
Hi Everyone!

CMARTY- I'm right there with you! You are not alone. I remember you from when I first started last January. I lost 85 pounds (yay), and then November and December came and I.LOST.MY.MIND, eating everything I could find. Like you, I'm back on track now, and determined to find out what the maintenance menu looks like one of these days, lol. I gained 22 pounds back, so I now have a total of 40 pounds left to lose. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who gave into my cravings, and then got back on the horse!

cmarty 01-11-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarleneV (Post 4915722)
cmarty,

If you have a smart phone, I use the MyFitnessPal app, and it really helps because I always have my phone with me. Much easier for me than actually finding that piece of paper & writing it down.

Yes, Marvene! Thanks I have Fitness Pal on my smart phone! I just haven't ever used it. I will pull it out and use it. Thanks for the advice!

cmarty 01-11-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peg51 (Post 4916438)
CMARTY- I'm right there with you! You are not alone. I remember you from when I first started last January. I lost 85 pounds (yay), and then November and December came and I.LOST.MY.MIND, eating everything I could find. Like you, I'm back on track now, and determined to find out what the maintenance menu looks like one of these days, lol. I gained 22 pounds back, so I now have a total of 40 pounds left to lose. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who gave into my cravings, and then got back on the horse!

Well,I know if we lost it one time we can lose it again! Glad your back!Maybe we can figure this out together!

cmarty 01-11-2014 07:51 AM

I am proud that the scale is moving down at home! The hardest part was getting back on track! I am there now...woo! Hoo! Thanks for all the encouragement here!

cmarty 01-11-2014 07:54 AM

Congrats Patsy and bsbarlow for the weight loss!:carrot:

patzi 01-13-2014 10:16 AM

For you gals that order from Diet direct.. They have 20% off on their Bariwise Diet Cocoa. I just ordered Irish Creme, Mocha and Amaretta.. That is my chocolate fix at night.. I have it hot if cool here, but when real hot, I make it earlier and chill it for a cold drink..

Patzi

twinkletoes75 01-13-2014 03:41 PM

Well...still trying to find my way back to my goal weight. However, I am getting hungry in between meals. I am doing the meta-balance menu with 3 snacks. I don't understand why I am getting hungry. I have tried the fiber drinks as a filler...and they work for a few minutes but in 30 mins I am hungry again. I can do this diet...I did this diet(and i was hungry then too). It seems like its harder now than the first time. Any suggestions