MRC January 2014

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • I have the meta protein menus but never did the plan since I felt I could not stick to it due to the limited fruit & carbs. No carbs or fruit for 2 weeks in phase 1. Phase 2 has a one fruit and one carb serving. It's mostly protein as the title suggests - 4-6 ounces per serving at each meal - no snacks between meals. My menus are from 2010 - so I don't know if anything has changed.
  • New
    Hello! I am new to this site and just signed up for MRC, I start pre-conditioning tomorrow. I don't really have much of a support system so I thought this might be a good way to keep in touch with people going through something similar. Is this the correct thread or is there another one for new people? I'm not sure how this works so any feedback or advice would be great. Thanks in advance!
  • Quote: Hello! I am new to this site and just signed up for MRC, I start pre-conditioning tomorrow. I don't really have much of a support system so I thought this might be a good way to keep in touch with people going through something similar. Is this the correct thread or is there another one for new people? I'm not sure how this works so any feedback or advice would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Hi,
    Welcome, you are in the right place. You are really going to like the results of this diet! I couldn't lose on any other diet and this worked for me! All you have to do is follow the plan! I guarantee you will lose! Good luck! Stick around here for lots of encouragement!
  • Ok so back to my pre holiday weight after eating off plan for a week....tells you not enough food on metaslim for me....start metaprotein last night....it was heaven...I had 6 oz of PORK...not chicken or turkey but PORK...lol sorry so excited for my variety of proteins on this plan...and once I start phase 2 I get avocado on my fruit list....yay my fave....I think I can do this one...and u can have a snack either a protein or a free item which aren't much lol
  • I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in, last week did not go as well as I thought I would, but by my scale I am down 6 pounds this week. I can't wait (no pun intended) to get the offical weight.
  • Quote: Hello! I am new to this site and just signed up for MRC, I start pre-conditioning tomorrow. I don't really have much of a support system so I thought this might be a good way to keep in touch with people going through something similar. Is this the correct thread or is there another one for new people? I'm not sure how this works so any feedback or advice would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Welcome...
    My name is Patzi and I am on maintenance for a few years. This diet does work. Just make sure you stick with the plan. THe support you will find from friends on this forum is invaluable. I could not have made it without the support I had on this forum.

I want to wish you good luck in your challenge.

Patzi
  • Quote: I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in, last week did not go as well as I thought I would, but by my scale I am down 6 pounds this week. I can't wait (no pun intended) to get the offical weight.
    Good luck! I know you will have good results! I am not going back until the 24 th to weigh! I am excited the scale is going down at home. I lost 4 pounds last week at my weigh in!

As most of you know ! I am busy trying to lose the 15 extra pounds I gained in about three months. I went to try on clothes and I think I could have just broke down into tears. I don't want to be fat again,! I think it was just what I needed to help me stay on this diet! I am on the yellow menu again! I am praying that I can stay on the diet and get to goal by summer!
  • Hi to everyone new! Patzi is right, if you stick With this program, it works! I lost almost 80 lbs on it, and am very happy with results. Have been in maintenance since June. Actually lost a little bit more after hitting goal. Now my focus is maintaining and getting more fit.

For me, the trick has been to always stick with the basics. I do occasionally have a special meal out or an extra special treat, but most of the time I continue to eat on program with the maintenance modifications. So basically still a low carb, high protein diet that is also low glycemic. It works for me...

Good luck to you all.
  • I am finding that drinking water does help me to lose weight faster!
  • Just stopping to say hello... Quiet here lately.. What is everyone up to and how are you all doing weight challenge wise..

Have a great day.

Patzi
  • Initial Gain
    Thanks for the welcome, ladies!! I went to the center on Saturday and had actually gained 2lbs after my first couple days on pre-conditioning. Ugh. I was disappointed initially but then I realized it had only been a couple days and I weighed after breakfast and it's that time of the month so.. oh well. On to today! I am feeling motivated on day 1 of the yellow plan! I have tried (and quit) so many diets in the past year I am mostly nervous about getting through these first few weeks. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to sharing in the support and encouragement on this site.
  • Quote: Thanks for the welcome, ladies!! I went to the center on Saturday and had actually gained 2lbs after my first couple days on pre-conditioning. Ugh. I was disappointed initially but then I realized it had only been a couple days and I weighed after breakfast and it's that time of the month so.. oh well. On to today! I am feeling motivated on day 1 of the yellow plan! I have tried (and quit) so many diets in the past year I am mostly nervous about getting through these first few weeks. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to sharing in the support and encouragement on this site.
    Don't worry one bit! It could be the cycle thing! That's means the scale will really change next week! Keep your head up and keep at it! It works! Drink lots of water,! Good luck!: goodluck::ch eer:
  • Quote: Thanks for the welcome, ladies!! I went to the center on Saturday and had actually gained 2lbs after my first couple days on pre-conditioning. Ugh. I was disappointed initially but then I realized it had only been a couple days and I weighed after breakfast and it's that time of the month so.. oh well. On to today! I am feeling motivated on day 1 of the yellow plan! I have tried (and quit) so many diets in the past year I am mostly nervous about getting through these first few weeks. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to sharing in the support and encouragement on this site.
    Don't be nervous, you will be fine.. If you weighed in after breakfast, that may be it and also time of month always adds the pounds on .

I am on maintenance now, so could be wrong, but if you are on Meta Slim, the yellow menu is 1-4 days. Then the next one is 5-11, then you go on the green menu which you stay on till you reach goal.. Remember, if at any time you have any problems, ask your consultant to help you remedy it. That is what they are there for, and also we are all here for you. You should shed some pounds with the two menus I have mentioned if that is what you are on..

Keep us informed on how you are doing and good luck.

Patzi
  • Looking forward to weighing in an Friday! The scale in moving every morning! I have been drinking lots of water! I think this really helps! The only problem is when you weigh everyday and the scale doesn't move one day...you get depressed!
  • Hi..

I had maintenance weigh in this moring, and I was not able to take off the full 3 1/2 pounds I gained for eating out.. I am up 1 1/2 pounds .. I will get that off before next weigh in.. Here I come green menu.

Patzi