Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default October Mrc 2014

Welcome October!
Think Skinny jeans, tight sweaters to show off that thinner you!
cooler weather to step up the activity in and try some high protein, low carb soups, crockpot recipes, etc.

Please share, share, share your successes and even your set backs. we all have them and learn from each other.
Favorite foods that you always have that keep you on track? please share!
the Light and Fit, Greek yogurts 80 cal, 12 G. protein have been my lifesaver! the strawberry cheesecake and Raspberry Chocolate is incredible.
I love the MRC Double Chocolate pudding - just make sure the water is ice cold, blends much better. I do add a tiny bit of lite cool whip to it when stirring.
Love my coffee and feel like it's dessert. I have a Keurig and the flavored coffees are incredible. the caramel crème is WOW and I use the ID chocolate biscotti almond creamer - 15 cal, Sugar free and fat free.
I need my substitutes for dessert to keep me on plan!

Good luck everyone!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #2  
Motivated Member

No loss this week and I got a lecture . Actually it was a reality check. I didn't do the HNS drinks and ended up getting hungry and made some bad choices. And to compensate for that, I would start eating less and skipping meals which slowed my metabolism down. My coach said it's like taking a step forward and then 2 back! Anyway the weird thing is that my scales did show a loss and my clothes are looser. Wish she would have measured me because I did lose inches I'm sure.
How often do you guys get measured?
Old 10-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
No loss this week and I got a lecture . Actually it was a reality check. I didn't do the HNS drinks and ended up getting hungry and made some bad choices. And to compensate for that, I would start eating less and skipping meals which slowed my metabolism down. My coach said it's like taking a step forward and then 2 back! Anyway the weird thing is that my scales did show a loss and my clothes are looser. Wish she would have measured me because I did lose inches I'm sure.
How often do you guys get measured?
They usually measure once every 30 days but my consultant will measure when I ask her.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #4  

Hello...

Well, I am back from wedding.. I gained 7 pounds, but have taken off 4, and three more to go before I get weighed in.. I had to eat out three meals a day, for 8 days, and not easy. Even with the best choices, I gained. I could tell lots of it was salt, as I could not get my wedding ring off, and my feet were swollen, my belly swollen, and under eyes swollen a bit Plus the salt, the hidden fats in food.. Of course hubby ony gained 3. He is naturally thin, so no problem with him. Thank goodness I made the best choices I could, as I can imagine the outcome if I had not, but enjoyed every minute of it, and when I came home, it was a new day.

This is why I always stay 5 pounds under goal.. This is the most I have gained since being on maintenance, but went back to the old green menu , not the
new one and all is working well.. I picked up preconditioning menu before I left, but left it up north, unfortunately. If I had that, I would have gone on that first.

Wishing you all a wonderful thin day.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:16 AM   #5  
Motivated Member

Hi Skelley and welcome back Patzi!
No activity on this site at all and felt like I was talking to myself! LOL!
I've discovered that Greek Yogurts are not created equal!
The Dannon Fit and Light was recommended 80 cal, 12 g. Protein, then saw Activia w 80 cal, 12 G protein but 20 g carbs!! Not sure why I didn't see that but was telling my coach at MRC about it and how good it is and she told me. She told me to watch the SF FF ID creamers (I love the pumpkin spice and the choc almond biscotti flavors) and only use it if I only use 1 serving and not just pour it in. It's 3 carbs but adds up quickly if you over pour and not measure. Guilty!!
These events are killing me!! Worked our booth for our restaurant at a festival this weekend and we were right beside a beer truck and I love Mich ultra
Sparkling wine dinner this Thursday....then a 4 day mini camping vacation. Will be preparing most of our meals so packing salad stuff and grilling fish, chicken and steaks plus lots of activity- with 3 dogs - we walk all day!
I'm planning on being strictly on plan this week and may opt out of the champagne dinner- I really want to get this weight off.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #6  

Big Dog...

You do have challenges ahead of you, so do the best you can... It is difficult, I know.. Just make he best choices you can, and if you are preparing food, that is a plus.. This is the first time I have been on MRC, that I ate out 3 meals a day for 7 plus days, but had no choice, it was a hotel, and had no appliances. When hubby and I go away, we always rent a place that has a kitchen.

I am going away again on Thanksgiving, but I do have a full kitchen, plus I will bring lots of food with me , as we are driving, which makes it so much easier.

Good luck to you, but you should do well, as I know you want to get the weight off.

I made an appt. to get weighed in beginning of week, so I am hoping I will do well. I figured no sense of putting it off. Knowing I have that appt. makes me extra careful. Not fun, that is for sure.

Patzi
Old 10-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #7  

Making bad awful choices... been back on mrc for three weeks... lost 10 pounds so far and friday saturday sunday cheated. Meant to get back on it yesterday and killed it with dinner and now today co workers brought muffins and donuts. So PISSED at myself. so i am up 4 pounds. UGH. and then I have cooking club friday night.... my birthday next friday, husbands birthday right after that. I hate being so fat. at this time last year i was 40 pounds lighter with mrc
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #8  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissairene View Post
Making bad awful choices... been back on mrc for three weeks... lost 10 pounds so far and friday saturday sunday cheated. Meant to get back on it yesterday and killed it with dinner and now today co workers brought muffins and donuts. So PISSED at myself. so i am up 4 pounds. UGH. and then I have cooking club friday night.... my birthday next friday, husbands birthday right after that. I hate being so fat. at this time last year i was 40 pounds lighter with mrc
You can only move forward! No looking back or beating yourself up. Look at the bright side...you are still 6 lbs less than three weeks ago. You lost some momentum but can get back up on that wagon right now It is a journey. Go crazy with the water this week and that will flush all the extra sodium. Get a plan in place for the birthdays now so you can enjoy! You'll get there!
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

Patzi- what you said:
I made an appt. to get weighed in beginning of week, so I am hoping I will do well. I figured no sense of putting it off. Knowing I have that appt. makes me extra careful. Not fun, that is for sure.

That appt I have each week keeps me accountable. We had a meeting Tuesday and they passed around mini candy bars- I passed them on - I used to think- what would it hurt? But know that it ALL adds up.
Clarissa- I know exactly what you are going through! I'm taking it day by day and when I follow the plan, I lose. When I'm faced w social events, I'm just trying to do the best I can. For example if there's fried chicken, I take the skin off and look for veggies to eat. I always try to have lite cheddar cheese, bagged salads, low carb dressing, Greek yogurt, flank steak, fish or chicken prepared so I'm not tempted to go off plan.
If I go off plan and have cocktails - I drink tons of water to flush out like Gumdrop suggested and step up activity.
We can do this!!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #10  

Checking in ..

I am still trying to take off 7 pounds I gained, and still have 3 to go.. I feel accountable, and I will be weighed in on Monday vs. Tuesday..

I am on the pre-conditioning right now. I switched from old green menu to preconditioning, to see if that will help. I find the following.. With HNS, I have cravings,I mean real cravings, like none I have had before, without them or maybe one a day, as I usually take, the cravings not there, so I take one a morning only.

I do believe once one hits maintenance, and if you gain, it is not like starting from beginning, one needs to make adjustments for what works for them. All in all, no cheating, I am fully on program till weight comes off.

Wishing you all a thin day.

Patzi
Old 10-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

I weighed in and lost only one pound. Was disappointed because on my scales at home I was down 3.
And I stuck to the plan. But then remembered after I left center that yes, I did stick to the plan but only Mon thru Friday am before weigh in.
I worked at a festival Saturday and drank beer ALL day! Then ate pizza that night because I didn't eat all day. Our booth was slammed! Sunday am, went to IHOP for pumpkin pancakes. So then worked my bootie off mon - fri to lose that. With all that said, thankful I lost a pound!
I ate too late last night and even though it was a big salad and 4 oz flank steak, I felt like it was still sitting in my stomach at noon weigh in.
New rule for myself- if I overdo- I will exercise the amount of time to equal calories than maybe I'll get it through my thick head to ask myself- is it really worth it? The fest was super fun but Sun am I could have made better choices at IHOP . Live and learn!
The HNSs do help me from getting hungry.
My coach just started on those stupid drops we can't talk about and I am losing my confidence in her to "coach" me. No advice on food at all.... She eats chicken for bfast. Bleah

Good luck everyone and please keep sharing

I think when I get back from mini vac, I'll do shakes and bars to see if that shakes up my weight loss. Salad stuff, lean protein, eggs, etc are packed and if we eat out- I'll get salad and fish . We r camping in our MH so can take our own stuff
Old 10-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #12  

Checking in to see how y'all are doing? I am still on old green menu, until 3 more pounds come off, and it is not bad. I won't cheat, as it is not worth it, but it is difficult..7 pounds weight gain a lot of weight for me and it is all in my belly..YUP, right in belly. I am drinking lots of water, and I walk every night and have upped my walking for exercise..

clarissairene, how are you doing? Do the best you can, and make the best choices you can and you will be fine. Do not beat yourself up.. Gumdropmom had some excellent advise.

BigDog, are you on here while on vacation.. Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Hope you are all having a great day and think thin.

Patzi
Old 10-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #13  

Hi y'all

Hope everyone is doing great and thinking thin.
I was 8 lbs close to my goal but unfortunately broke my ankle (had to get surgery done) and now I am on bed rest for weeks. Here goes all my last few month's sacrifices. Hating life right now..
ahuazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuazz View Post
Hi y'all

Hope everyone is doing great and thinking thin.
I was 8 lbs close to my goal but unfortunately broke my ankle (had to get surgery done) and now I am on bed rest for weeks. Here goes all my last few month's sacrifices. Hating life right now..
So sorry to hear about you unfortunate ankle injury and surgery.. Do the best you can and make the best choices you can, that is the best anyone could do.

Do you have anyone that can make your meals for you , that may help , most important to take care of your health first and think positive, you will make it to where you want to go.

Please keep us informed on how you are doing.. I have had that surgery and it is a rough recoup period. Best of luck to you. Life will be good again.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 10-12-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #15  

Had maintenance weigh in and I am still under goal, as I lost the 4 pounds but need to lose 3 more to be where I was.. I will see them in two weeks. I was telling them this was most I had regained in maintenance, and not happy, as I never had any sugar, and ate within program , even while eating out 3 times a day.. Consultant said salt, salt, salt, and then even though you order an egg beater or egg white omelet, who knows what fat it is cooked with, it definately is not pam.

Patzi