3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Newbie to MRC- this site has been helpful (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/278034-newbie-mrc-site-has-been-helpful.html)

abc12345 03-20-2013 12:51 AM

Newbie to MRC- this site has been helpful

Hello! I have never been on a 'chat' before, and while researching MRC, I found this site and I couldn't believe all the posts and people on MRC. I would say that this chat is what got me over the hump to make my appointment and go into the clinic today. I signed up on the spot, nervous as heck, because it is expensive, but maybe the investment will help me stick to the program. I ran into 2 people at the clinic today that were there for their weigh ins, and they introduced themselves to me and raved about their journey. I am a pretty skeptical person, but somehow this program seems just fine- I like structure. I have pre-conditioning through next thursday, then start HRC on Friday. I can't believe all that I will be cutting out of my diet, will be interesting to see if the weight comes off like they said...:carrot::carrot::carrot:

MsHunny 03-20-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc12345
Hello! I have never been on a 'chat' before, and while researching MRC, I found this site and I couldn't believe all the posts and people on MRC. I would say that this chat is what got me over the hump to make my appointment and go into the clinic today. I signed up on the spot, nervous as heck, because it is expensive, but maybe the investment will help me stick to the program. I ran into 2 people at the clinic today that were there for their weigh ins, and they introduced themselves to me and raved about their journey. I am a pretty skeptical person, but somehow this program seems just fine- I like structure. I have pre-conditioning through next thursday, then start HRC on Friday. I can't believe all that I will be cutting out of my diet, will be interesting to see if the weight comes off like they said...

Welcome to the group! When I started, this place was a huge help. It's even more of a help now. Any questions that you have, feel free to ask. All the ladies that I've spoken to are really nice and extremely encouraging, which you will definitely need! Good luck on your journey!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Dolly 03-20-2013 07:15 PM

Welcome!

3 Fat Chicks is a great place to get information and motivation.

I have this feeling you're going to do great.

Monkeysocks 03-21-2013 02:12 PM

I'm fairly new, been on MRC for a bit over a week, almost two weeks if you count preconditioning. I lost 7 lbs. in 7 days, and I know it is more since then but haven't had an official weigh in.

I love this program, I have tried all the others and this seems to have all the key elements to make it work. I know that it is common to have a big loss at the start of any diet, but I have been such a long term dieter that the start of the last several plans I tried didn't even budge any weight in the beginning.

Good luck, we will both do great! We have made a commitment to ourselves and this time is it.

abc12345 04-06-2013 11:00 PM

Hello All- things are going surprisingly well. Pre-conditioning i lost 4 pds, then the 2 fat loading days, ugh! That was tough, by the end of the 2 days i couldn't wait to eat healthy. Then I had a couple days of getting all that yuk out of my system, but then it was smooth sailing. I was worried about menus, making time to prepare, having enough options, and sticking with it- and its all coming along ok, I'm getting the hang of it. Its looking like I am on track for about 1 pd per day for now- I started my HCG program after fat loading last monday, and I'm down about 7 pds since then- the initial weight just fell right off. The true test will be the next week- I started out at 183, down to about 172 now, i lost a few pds during pre-conditioning. I honestly can't believe that I'm not starving each day, and that the weight is coming off. I've done other programs before, and they always work to get the weight off, but are not very good at maintenance, I am soooo looking forward to maintenence, which for me, I'm hoping will be in May. Welp, on to cutting more vegetables. And thank you for all your support out there, and I wish you all the best as well!