3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC January 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/272310-mrc-january-2013-a.html)

Hughes72 01-08-2013 02:01 PM

HI! I just ordered the 28 day kit yesterday and I'll have it in 3-5 days. I'm supposed to hear from someone via email since I don't have a local facility to go to. My dad did this and was very successful and I just don't know what to expect with this 28 day kit. Any advice is welcome!!!

konacoral 01-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes72 (Post 4581272)
HI! I just ordered the 28 day kit yesterday and I'll have it in 3-5 days. I'm supposed to hear from someone via email since I don't have a local facility to go to. My dad did this and was very successful and I just don't know what to expect with this 28 day kit. Any advice is welcome!!!

Hi...

I dont have any location near me either. My girlfriend in CO became a part-time consultant after loosing 82lbs. I decided to say HEY WHAT DID YOU DO???!
So she's my girl.

I am doing the Slim program and just got all my HNS yesterday. Im really excited to start doing those because Im hungry on the pre-conditioning.
Keep in touch and let me know how you do. Im a newbie.:carrot:

Hughes72 01-08-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konacoral (Post 4581321)
Hi...

I dont have any location near me either. My girlfriend in CO became a part-time consultant after loosing 82lbs. I decided to say HEY WHAT DID YOU DO???!
So she's my girl.

I am doing the Slim program and just got all my HNS yesterday. Im really excited to start doing those because Im hungry on the pre-conditioning.
Keep in touch and let me know how you do. Im a newbie.:carrot:

Good luck Konacoral! All I've done is go to their online site and ordered the 28 day supply...I'm waiting for an email but have no idea if I should be doing anything now. I see everyone talking about menu plans of different colors and I have no idea what that's about.

We'll see and I'll keep you informed! Hang in there! I did Atkins about 9 years ago and lost about 35 pounds in 3 months, so I have an idea about high protein and low carb already. :dizzy:

konacoral 01-08-2013 05:43 PM

Hughes72

Yeah there are different colored menus and lists. I got my packet in the mail with all my HNS. I have a phone convo with her on Friday after Im done with a pre-conditioning menu she gave me to "detox".
Slight headache but overall not bad for day 2. Im not really a low carb girl because Im an addict, but Im willing to change.
To loose the weight and get to where I have dreamed will have to be a reality. I have no idea how to handle that one.
I did see that 28 day supply. I wonder whats all included! Good luck!

Going4Fit 01-08-2013 06:48 PM

Selling products on their website is brand new as of last month. I saw that 28 day plan and my guess is that it's the Meta-Boost plan. It's not like their Meta-Slim or Meta-Balance plans that are a menu that you stay on until you reach your goal, it's a boost that you do for just one month (28 days) to burn fat even faster. Anybody can do it , but you have to pay extra for it even if you've already joined MRC, so I can't say for sure it's the same, but that's what I'd bet based on the product description on-line.

Going4Fit 01-08-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4580263)
I could only get my body fat % down to 34.1, not sure why?

Skelley, if I had to guess I'd say two reasons:
  1. Your age compared to mine, because I think I remember you saying you are a grandma? As we age, we get more fat padding between our organs, which is different than the layer of fat under our skin. All the body fat percentage charts will show an increasing number for a normal body fat percentage as the age increases and it's because of that padding between the organs.
  2. More notably, do the math: ten pounds of fat from a two hundred pound person is a 5% reduction. 10 lbs of fat from a 150 lb person is a 6.7% reduction. I've seen my body fat percentage change pretty rapidly these last 10 lbs compared to when I first started program because each pound is a higher percentage of my overall weight than it was before. Didn't you say you wanted to lose 10 more pounds before your son's wedding in June? Forgive me if I'm mixing you up with someone else on the forum here, but ten more pounds from your current weight stated under your avatar would bring you down under 34% for sure.

patzi 01-08-2013 08:36 PM

Hi...
For those of you that don't know me, I am one of the maintainers and usually hang out in that forum, but came here to see what was up with y'all.

I have a friend that lives in an area that has no MRC Centers, and I have been online on the MRC website and don't see where she can sign up to buy the package, as I see some of you have done that.

Would someone be so kind as to give me the exact website.

Patzi

Going4Fit 01-08-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4581847)
Hi...
For those of you that don't know me, I am one of the maintainers and usually hang out in that forum, but came here to see what was up with y'all.

I have a friend that lives in an area that has no MRC Centers, and I have been online on the MRC website and don't see where she can sign up to buy the package, as I see some of you have done that.

Would someone be so kind as to give me the exact website.

Patzi

Hi Patzi! I peek in at the maintainer thread all the time - I'm so close to getting to join you in there!

The store on the website is brand new. So far they only have three things for sale. Here's the link: https://weightlossmrc.com/

But the kit isn't something your friend could do long term. I've seen others on here who don't live near clinics and you can apparently still sign up. I'm not sure how you get your HNS's, but you do phone weigh-ins and the center will call you and do phone support for your program. HTH

Going4Fit 01-09-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konacoral (Post 4581582)
Yeah there are different colored menus and lists. I got my packet in the mail with all my HNS. I have a phone convo with her on Friday after I'm done with a pre-conditioning menu she gave me to "detox".
Slight headache but overall not bad for day 2. Im not really a low carb girl because Im an addict, but I'm willing to change.
To lose the weight and get to where I have dreamed will have to be a reality. I have no idea how to handle that one.
I did see that 28 day supply. I wonder whats all included! Good luck!

Hi konacoral! If you are following the the pre-conditioning menu correctly, then the headache is indeed from de-toxing. I had headaches for the first week or two on program and have been fine since. Love that I get to make all my own healthy, fresh food and nothing I eat now leaves me feeling bloated or sick!

Good luck giving up the carbs. I did and it's been totally worth it! You do still get a bit on Slim menu - up to two 40-50 calorie portions a day. I have four favorites in my arsenal that I rotate between, including the 45 calorie Sara Lee bread for toast or cinnamon toast with breakfast, half an 80 calorie whole wheat tortilla from La Tortilla factory for a breakfast wrap or to eat as a side with my dinner, Melba toast when I want crunch, usually crumbled up like croutons in my salad, and a quinoa & rice blend from Costco that I love as a side with dinner.

Rocki 01-09-2013 10:57 AM

Hi everyone. I'm Rocki and a MRC dropout who's starting again. I'm on day three and haven't lost anything yet. Anyone else have this happen?

I lost almost fifty pounds five years ago and have gradually gained most of it back over the last few years.

Anyone know if we can use Flax Seed instead of the flax seed oil or Omega 3 pills? And also, does anyone have a copy of the new Green menu that includes quinoa? I can't find my copy and I know there were a few additions from the sheets I have from 2008. I rejoined in November 2011 and was doing really well until I let some health scares get in my way last year. I for some reason I can't find any of my paperwork from when I rejoined. I think I have about four weeks on program left from a medical hold I put on my account. I'm going to try and go Friday and at least use up the last of my contract. I can't afford to sign again especially since I've done it at least four or five times. I need a mental realignment to get me back in gear. At suggestions?

Happy New Year and I wish you all great success. This is an awesome plan!

konacoral 01-09-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 4582088)
Hi konacoral! If you are following the the pre-conditioning menu correctly, then the headache is indeed from de-toxing. I had headaches for the first week or two on program and have been fine since. Love that I get to make all my own healthy, fresh food and nothing I eat now leaves me feeling bloated or sick!

Good luck giving up the carbs. I did and it's been totally worth it! You do still get a bit on Slim menu - up to two 40-50 calorie portions a day. I have four favorites in my arsenal that I rotate between, including the 45 calorie Sara Lee bread for toast or cinnamon toast with breakfast, half an 80 calorie whole wheat tortilla from La Tortilla factory for a breakfast wrap or to eat as a side with my dinner, Melba toast when I want crunch, usually crumbled up like croutons in my salad, and a quinoa & rice blend from Costco that I love as a side with dinner.

Thank you GOINGFIT for the updates. Its funny I found Natures Made Bread and it was 50 cal and the Melba was not 40 cal it was 60. Funny because I cant find dijonaise because I need something - maybe they dont make it anymore. Im digging in different markets.
I figure I might be able to find replacements that equal the same at maybe Whole foods or Trader Joes.

Work In Progress 01-09-2013 01:42 PM

Hi everyone! I joined MRC on Jan 2, 2013 and am currently doing the Pre-Conditioning menu, no HNS yet. I've been lurking on the website since December, gathering information before joining MRC and decided to jump in for the additional support. So far I'm doing wonderful on the program, only issue is the headaches from detoxing and they stopped on Sunday.

I go for my first weigh in after work today :D and will get my 'official' menu on Friday when I take my Nutritional Food Class.

Slow and steady wins the race!

konacoral 01-09-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Work In Progress (Post 4582883)
Hi everyone! I joined MRC on Jan 2, 2013 and am currently doing the Pre-Conditioning menu, no HNS yet. I've been lurking on the website since December, gathering information before joining MRC and decided to jump in for the additional support. So far I'm doing wonderful on the program, only issue is the headaches from detoxing and they stopped on Sunday.

I go for my first weigh in after work today :D and will get my 'official' menu on Friday when I take my Nutritional Food Class.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Hi!!! I started pre-conditioning on Monday this week. Im got all my stuff and am starting on Saturday I believe for everything with HNS! Im excited. I'll be your buddy!

Work In Progress 01-09-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konacoral (Post 4582910)
Hi!!! I started pre-conditioning on Monday this week. Im got all my stuff and am starting on Saturday I believe for everything with HNS! Im excited. I'll be your buddy!

Awesome knoacoral! :carrot:

I'm excited to try the HNS, in some of the much older posts I've gotten some good tips on how to spruce some of them up. I can't wait to try the chocolate ones and add Almond extract and Coconut extract with ice...to make an 'Almond Joy Frap'

Going4Fit 01-09-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konacoral (Post 4582693)
Thank you GOINGFIT for the updates. Its funny I found Natures Made Bread and it was 50 cal and the Melba was not 40 cal it was 60. Funny because I cant find dijonaise because I need something - maybe they dont make it anymore. Im digging in different markets.
I figure I might be able to find replacements that equal the same at maybe Whole foods or Trader Joes.

Sorry for the confusion - you are correct, the Melba toast is 60 calories per serving - I could not find any types of Melba toast that had 40 calorie servings listed on the packages. BUT - the 60 calorie packaging is 60 calories for three pieces. That's easy. That means each piece is 20 calories so I just have two for 40 calories. Only problem is I don't trust myself to make any of the recipes in the cookbook that tell you to use x many pieces of Melba toast, because they are surely referring to the 40 calorie serving sized pieces.

I'm not happy about buying Sara Lee bread because of the long list of unpronounceable ingredients. I'd prefer to have the whole foods breads I make or buy for my family, but I have no idea what the calories are in my homemade bread and the whole grain styles in the store have about 130 calories, which means I could only have a quarter of one slice! So I will look for the Natures Made.

Sorry you couldn't find dijonnaise. I picked it up this past summer at my WinCo right next to the mayonnaise.