Yikes!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • After 32lbs lost, I'm stuck! And I have been stuck since early October. I have asked the center to reduce my calories even more but apparently I am already at the lowest calorie count that they will go on the Meta Slim Plan. Ugh!!! Now I just seem to be teeter tottering. I'll go for 2-3 weeks strictly on plan and not lose a lb... So then I get frustrated and binge eat for a couple days... Gain a couple lbs..Go back on plan and lose what I had gained. But no matter what I haven't seen below 199. I know I shouldn't do that but it just makes it so much worse when you have great results for a couple months then boom brick wall. My original goal date was Jan 14th but now I have bought more time (Black Friday Special) and my new goal date is May 14th. With about 35 more lbs to go I'll sure need it at this rate. Come heck or high water, I will do this!!!!!
  • I understand the frustration - it seems sometimes our bodies are just holding onto the weight to spite us!

Have you added exercise to your routine? If so, maybe doing different exercises will trick your body into realizing there is something else it needs to focus on (e.g. burning the fat!)

I haven't been good about adding exercise back in yet, but know that will be what I try when I hit my next wall. Ive used the excuse that I need to get more pounds down, but I can always go out for a walk and know I wont melt in the Portland Oregon rain!

Best of luck getting through - you can do it!
  • Wow HowdyTexas, I commend your persistance! Honestly I would be very angry if I followed plan 100% for 3 weeks and didn't so much as lose a pound. What do the counselors at your center say when that happens? Do they have any advice at all? Have they given you the plateau buster menu? In my opinion, this is too expensive of a program to not be getting results.

I know you know this, but you've got to stop the teeter-totter. Your body may be adjusting to the lower body weight and calories and seeing if you're serious about trying to lose more before it gives you results. Binging for a couple of days tells your body it can hold out for more. Give the menu an honest chance to work. Are you exercising?

Hope to hear back from you that the money you spent for more weeks on plan turned out to be a good investment!
  • Hi msalice72 and Going4Fit! Congrats to both of you for your weight loss!!! To answer your questions about exercise - Due to the gaining of my weight very quickly (about 40 lbs in 7 months), my body didn't adapt to the weight very well. I still feel so worn down and just plain 'ole give out most of the time, even still after my loss. So 'no' I have not been exercising per say. I do stay busy all day even into the evening sometimes after work. I know that doesn't constitute as actually exercising but it's not like I'm sitting around the house all day or anything! I keep telling myself that if I can just lose a little more that maybe my back, ankles, knees, etc won't hurt so much. Therefore I would feel more like exercising.

This diet is a lil tricky for me. When I first started it in August, I lost 6.5 lbs in 10 days on the pre-conditioning. And a few more lbs the next week on the blue menu. However, very soon afterwards I plateaued for a couple of weeks so they decided to put me straight onto the green menu and that's where I have been ever since. So basically I've been on the green menu this while time. I think that's why I need even less calories now because my body must be used to the calories on the blue so that's why I'm not losing anymore. There has been days when I have been very busy, mowing the yard and home improvement type projects when I do feel good and but I get extremely hungry afterwards. So that's another problem. I need to find the happy medium between my food intake vs calories burned.

I have addressed this to the center. The exercise part they said to try to limit it to 15 to 30 mins 3 times a week. And the teeter-tottering they said just to not do it lol!!! They've never once mentioned a plateau buster menu. I'm thinking about just making some adjustments myself to the menu like cutting some of the lunchtime meat down to 3 oz. It seems like I would still be getting plenty of protein from the 4 supplements a day as well as from all the protein in the meat from the menu. I have a lot of faith in this diet as it has gotten me so far already and the weigh-in's and measurements really help keep me in line! I missed a week of not coming in and they even called me wanting to know why. I love that!!! I will keep you all posted on my progress and thanks so much!
  • This goes against all the rules.. but I'll be honest with you.. I've hit several plateaus along the way and when i just can't take it anymore, I will have a cheat meal.. I don't go crazy but I don't worry about the fat/calories/etc. It's usually just a nice restaurant meal or a meal at home that wouldn't be on program but still is mostly protein. I don't know if that makes sense, but everytime I've done it, it kickstarts my weight loss again.
  • in fact, I've just spent the last week at the same weight.. so I plan to kick up my water for the next few days and try the internal cleanser to get things moving.. if those don't work I'm doing a cheat meal. LOL
  • I have to say, I have tried just about everything. I have lost a lot, then plateaued (?sp). I have gone for several weeks and not lost. One of the consultants at my center said that you have to do something different that your body is not expecting. One thing I have done is to eat white fish and berries for 3 meals a day for 3 days. I promise, it is not as bad as it sounds. I didn't lose a lot while doing it, but the next few days, I lost a lot. Sometimes, I have also cheated a little and found that if I eat some beef (supposed to have it 2 times a week) it sometimes gets me going again. I also did the medi-quik for a week - didn't lose while doing it, but started really losing again afterwards. Mostly, just do not give up! Try something different and you will start moving again!
  • anjy99 and JodiH - Wow you guys have really come along ways!!! I will definitely take your advice! I must admit I already do have cheat meals..lol. I think it's because I get so tired of the same food all the time.. To me that is the 'something different' I'll do. It is so true though that after a fatty/carby meal, you will crave more of it. I addressed it to the center that yes sometimes I eat off plan and that it's hard to stop because my body craves it. They told me if I have any of that junk in my system that yes it will make the cravings worse.

Well I have lost 3 lbs since I first posted this thread about 4 days ago. I had been forgetting to have my 4th HNS, so that must have been some of the problem. Now that I've made sure to have 4 a day - wow what a difference it really makes! So hopefully this means good-bye 2 month long plateau!!!
  • Congratulations also making it into the 190's too! Great feeling to not see that other number on the scale. The farther away I get from "that" 2xx number the better I feel.
  • Yes msalice72 it sure does! Congrats and hang in there! You'll be so surprised at how fast the weight just starts to fall off! The supplements too have made my skin, nails, and hair look so much healthier!!! I take from MRC the MRC-6, Cortitrim, Minerals, Women's Daily Vitamin, MSM. I get the Vitamins B-6, B-12, D-3, Flaxseed Oil, and Vitamin C from elsewhere. I also have the MRC Internal Cleanser and the Enhancer that I take sometimes on the weekends. I tried the Phenitrim Plus but it seemed to do opposite and actually increased my appetite! I think I listed everything lol!
  • Exercise
    Responding to the exercise thing - I had to go back on caffeine -- just 1 cup in the morning and now I have all the energy I need to exercise. I have not found that it makes me hungry and it gives me so much more energy!
  • Grats to you on your achievements so far!!!

I have hit my first plateau on this plan (6 1/2 months). My last two weigh-ins were only .4lbs down. My center told me yesterday to try something to kick start my body. She said...

drink my 3 daily HSN
    drink all my water and follow this..
    eat your breakfast as usual on day one
    at lunch (noon) you can only have 6 apples until lunch (noon) the next day...and you can have your regular lunch on day two.

Since I had only eaten breakfast before my appointment. I went to the store and bought 6 apples. So yesterday at noon I ate two apples, I had one for dinner and one for a snack. This morning I had one for breakfast and still have one to eat before my usual lunch at noon. I thought it would be difficult but actually I feel stuffed and fine. I plan to eat my steamed broccoli and steamed chicken for lunch. :-)

I don't weigh in until Friday 12/21/12. I can hardly wait to see if this helps. If not, I won't worry...I follow the plan to a tee and I know my body is probably freaking out with this fast weightloss and may need to play catch up LOL

Good Luck Jodi and to all...
  • Kelyani,

To me it's funny you consider two .4 lb losses a plateau! (Also, apparently your center has a better scale then mine, which only measures by the half pound.)

What's cool to me is your consultant actually gave you something you could do to change it up a bit and actively try to do something about it. I wish the centers were more consistent with their advice. I hit several plateaus before I was ever even shown the plateau buster menu (which is just a very specific set of options off the green menu - nothing new). I hope your weigh-in tomorrow goes well! Let us know the results.
  • Going4Fit,

Actually, I didn't think I was on a plateau either since I weigh in twice a week..on Mondays and Fridays...so that .4 was on those days...my center said I was LOL. I weighed in today and lost 1.2 since Monday. HOORAY!!!
  • Okay so I went on my little rant about the last couple of months worth of not losing any lbs.. I weighed in over the weekend and they took my measurements. While not losing much on the scales, I was losing inches!!! 13.5" during my plateau! So that makes a total of 32.5" and 36 lbs lost since August 16th! Not bad!!! Just goes to show that we gotta hang in there even if the scales aren't moving!