3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Corti or Phen? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/267546-corti-phen.html)

ashly83 10-05-2012 04:33 AM

Corti or Phen?

I am currently taking ADWL, Corti, & MRC 6 w/ fish oil 1750 mgs & multivitamin I also take cod liver for my immune system. I want to try the internal cleanser for days that I eat out as suggested by a friend whose doing great on the program. Yes, I take alot of pills but I do it to see what works best for me. Ladies and Gents, from experience what works for you?

When I first started the supplements I felt smaller from my tummy to my legs. My appetite is suppressed. With a month in I'm experiencing sweet cravings :o. I feel I have more energy throughout the day and I am "regular" due to my cleaner eating. I don't have any trouble sleeping which is a plus!!

JenB72 10-05-2012 09:00 AM

You did the supplements just like I did. Try them and see what works for you. Some people are anti-supplements, but that's more because of the selling tactics of some consultants rather than the supplements themselves. I tried some and found they didn't work or had an adverse effect on me, so I didn't take them. Some I took and worked great for me, so I continued to do so. The thing is, what works for one person may not work for another.

What I took was Flaxseed Oil (I have a fish phobia), MRC-6, Phentratrim, Corti-Trim, a Multi-Vitamin, B6 & B12. This combo is what worked for me and I reached my goal weight in March. :)

skelley331 10-05-2012 10:23 AM

I tried the phentratrim and it hasn't done much for me as far as controlling or supressing my appetite! I take Fish oil, EFA (omega 3's), cortitrim, multi vitamin.

healthylady123 10-05-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4489150)
I tried the phentratrim and it hasn't done much for me as far as controlling or supressing my appetite! I take Fish oil, EFA (omega 3's), cortitrim, multi vitamin.

I take almost the same thing as you skelley. I take EFA, cortitrim, multivitamin, and CO-Q10. I tried DHEA because it's supposed to be good for stress but it made me anxious so I stopped taking it. I tried Phentatrim trial and it hasn't done anything for me so I will not be buying it again..

ashly83 10-06-2012 12:43 PM

wow

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!! So I assume your in maintenance? How does it feel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenB72 (Post 4489040)
You did the supplements just like I did. Try them and see what works for you. Some people are anti-supplements, but that's more because of the selling tactics of some consultants rather than the supplements themselves. I tried some and found they didn't work or had an adverse effect on me, so I didn't take them. Some I took and worked great for me, so I continued to do so. The thing is, what works for one person may not work for another.

What I took was Flaxseed Oil (I have a fish phobia), MRC-6, Phentratrim, Corti-Trim, a Multi-Vitamin, B6 & B12. This combo is what worked for me and I reached my goal weight in March. :)

ashly83 10-06-2012 12:48 PM

Weird question

While taking DHEA have you noticed change in your sex drive, sleeping and/ depression?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shord123 (Post 4489796)
I take almost the same thing as you skelley. I take EFA, cortitrim, multivitamin, and CO-Q10. I tried DHEA because it's supposed to be good for stress but it made me anxious so I stopped taking it. I tried Phentatrim trial and it hasn't done anything for me so I will not be buying it again..

JenB72 10-06-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashly83 (Post 4490128)
Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!! So I assume your in maintenance? How does it feel?

If I knew maintenance felt this good, I would have stayed OP more to get there faster. Absolutely awesome! With that said, I've had some health problems lately, shingles & bronchitis. So, my weight has went up because the doctor put me on steroids. I'm finally off it and am sticking with the green menu for now until it comes back off. Then I will absolutely enjoy maintenance again. :D

skelley331 10-06-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenB72 (Post 4490251)
If I knew maintenance felt this good, I would have stayed OP more to get there faster. Absolutely awesome! With that said, I've had some health problems lately, shingles & bronchitis. So, my weight has went up because the doctor put me on steroids. I'm finally off it and am sticking with the green menu for now until it comes back off. Then I will absolutely enjoy maintenance again. :D

Jen: when you go on maintenance do they give you a certain amount of calories to stay with or a new menu? I heard that you start adding foods back in? Thanks

JenB72 10-06-2012 08:51 PM

After you hit your goal weight, you go through a 6 week stabilization period where each week they add foods in to see which are your "trigger" foods (that means the foods that cause you to gain weight). Once you finish the 6 weeks, they put you on a set number of calories per day.

healthylady123 10-06-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashly83 (Post 4490132)
While taking DHEA have you noticed change in your sex drive, sleeping and/ depression?

The only thing that I noticed is that I felt like I was on edge all the time and very anxious. I attributed it to DHEA because it affects your mood and sure enough now that I'm no longer taking it, I don't have that anxious feeling. What did you notice while taking DHEA?

skelley331 10-07-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenB72 (Post 4490427)
After you hit your goal weight, you go through a 6 week stabilization period where each week they add foods in to see which are your "trigger" foods (that means the foods that cause you to gain weight). Once you finish the 6 weeks, they put you on a set number of calories per day.

Okay thanks for the information, i read that you eventually had to count calories

ashly83 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

Dhea

I've never taken DHEA I'm planning a trip to pick up HNS's and maybe a few supplements tomorrow. I was looking at the price list and the supplement description, had additional questions about it. I'll keep it off my list if it has those side effects I'm loopy enough lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shord123 (Post 4490492)
The only thing that I noticed is that I felt like I was on edge all the time and very anxious. I attributed it to DHEA because it affects your mood and sure enough now that I'm no longer taking it, I don't have that anxious feeling. What did you notice while taking DHEA?

ashly83 10-07-2012 10:59 PM

I appreciate the wealth of information that you ladies have provided you are extremely helpful!!