Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

WHY LOSE WEIGHT?

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR MY HEALTH. I WANT TO BE AROUND TO SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN GRADUATE AND GET MARRIED. I DON'T WANT TO BE AT A HIGHER RISK FOR GETTING CANCER. MY MOTHER DIED OF OVARIAN CANCER SO I WANT TO LOWER MY RISK. ALSO, I WANT MY HEART AND OTHER ORGANS TO BE HEALTHY. I DON'T WANT MY ORGANS TO BE SURROUNDED BY FAT.

SECONDLY, I WANT TO LOOK GOOD! I DON'T KNOW ANY WOMAN WHO DOESN'T WANT TO LOOK GOOD. I WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF. I THINK I'LL HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE ONCE I LOSE WEIGHT.

I WANT TO FEEL IN CONTROL!

i THINK I'M ON THE RIGHT TRACK..IM JUST HOPING THAT I CAN STAY ON THE RIGHT ROAD UNTIL I REACH MY GOAL. I JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME.
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #17  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
WHY LOSE WEIGHT?

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR MY HEALTH. I WANT TO BE AROUND TO SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN GRADUATE AND GET MARRIED. I DON'T WANT TO BE AT A HIGHER RISK FOR GETTING CANCER. MY MOTHER DIED OF OVARIAN CANCER SO I WANT TO LOWER MY RISK. ALSO, I WANT MY HEART AND OTHER ORGANS TO BE HEALTHY. I DON'T WANT MY ORGANS TO BE SURROUNDED BY FAT.

SECONDLY, I WANT TO LOOK GOOD! I DON'T KNOW ANY WOMAN WHO DOESN'T WANT TO LOOK GOOD. I WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF. I THINK I'LL HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE ONCE I LOSE WEIGHT.

I WANT TO FEEL IN CONTROL!

i THINK I'M ON THE RIGHT TRACK..IM JUST HOPING THAT I CAN STAY ON THE RIGHT ROAD UNTIL I REACH MY GOAL. I JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Amen to that, i totally agree ONE DAY AT A TIME!!
Thank you for reminding me
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
desp2lose: I know it is hard, i went off plan this weekend big time, i will admit is was nice not to worry about having everything right, weigh my food, etc. I didn't really eat bad foods but i fixed homemade chilli and ate that once, fixed homemade sausage potato soup and ate that once, unfortunately i gained 2.2 lbs but it felt good. Tomorrow i'll be back on track but go weigh in on friday so i doubt that i will have any losses, i didn't go weigh in this week because i wasn't able to so we'll see what happens. I have 7 wks left to get to my goal weight, i wonder what happens if you don't reach it when they say you should? I will do my best but yes it is very hard. I have friends who are on myfitnesspal.com and all they do is watch their calories and they lose weight, my one friend has lost 40lbs since january. I don't know what to do, i would like to reach a goal weight at least once and then try to maintain it.

Wow, skelly, we think a lot alike. I sometimes think the Atkins diet would be easier than this but at the same time similar. I need to trudge through to the end because it seems like I never finish a diet. I get to this point right here and I gain it back. I'd like to know what they do if you don't lose it by the time they say also.
desp2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #19  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by desp2lose View Post
Wow, skelly, we think a lot alike. I sometimes think the Atkins diet would be easier than this but at the same time similar. I need to trudge through to the end because it seems like I never finish a diet. I get to this point right here and I gain it back. I'd like to know what they do if you don't lose it by the time they say also.
desp2lose: Oh I know the atkins allows a little more food choices though, and also have you ever looked at the wonderslim plan? I get my drink supplements from them and they also have some awesome pancakes and other items you are allowed and they are all similar to MRC! I just don't know if i can continue to eat this way, i get hungry between meals and i've done everything perfect until this past weekend, and before that i would lose 1 lb or not or 1 1/2 lbs never a big loss! I'm like you i would like to see it thru to the end so i'm plugging along and i'm going to try hard to reach my goal but I just don't think i can lose 2.6lbs a week for the next 7 wks.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #20  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desp2lose View Post
Well i found out by reading my contract that it states: If after adhering to the terms and conditions of the program, you fail to lose the amount of weight set forth above by the date given, Metabolic Research Center will continue your program without additional charge for our services until you have lost the desired amount of weight. This guarantee does not include the cost of supplements, products, herbs, vitamins or special workshops. All weight management services to be provided to the Client must be completed within one year hereof. Then you also get the maintenance program for 1 yr but you have to complete the weight management program (meaning reach your goal weight).
Old 09-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #21  

I want to lose weight so that I can be healthier. I lost my mother at 16 due to CHF. I don't want the same thing to happen to my kids. I want to be sexy again and to be able to cross my legs. I could go on and on but the main reason is health.
healthylady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #22  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Default Why I want to lose weight!

I want to lose weight because I am still young and I know once I get older it will be harder. I used to be skinny when I first met my fiance and I just let myself go. I think I did this because I was comfortable and happy, so I'd go out to eat more and find myself eating even when I wasn't that hungry. Before I knew it, I was very overweight, and deep down wasn't happy with my body. Right before I started this diet I realized that I had stopped going out with my friends and hated to even going to the movies and such because I thought everyone was looking at how fat I was. I would go to stores and never could find anything in my size so the only store I would go to would be Lane Bryant and spend a ton of money of clothes that I could have bought somewhere else if I could have fit into a smaller size. I got to the point where I hated going shopping for clothes, it was more of a chore. Even when I did have nice jeans and shirts I would still go back to wearing comfy sweatpants because of how overweight and icky I felt. Now that I've lost almost 60 lbs. I find myself wanting to dress up and put some cute high heels on, I feel sexy now! I'm not at my goal weight yet, but when I get there I'll be saying, "I'm hot and I know it!" haha. I want to be back to the weight I was when I met my fiance so I look great and most importantly feel great. He's always told me I'm beautiful but now I can really believe him when he says it because I know that I AM beautiful on the outside as well now. Now I am able to go into clothing stores and not have to worry about what size I am and if they will have that size. I want to go socialize with my friends, not just eating out with them, and meet new people without them thinking I'm overweight and unhealthy. I want to get to this goal so some day when I have kids I can run around with them and teach them healthy eating habits. So far I'm on the right track and hope to stay that way!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Amen to that dkbutters...Take my advice ..lose the weight now..don't waste a day more..I'm 50 now and I wasted a quite a few years being fat when I could have felt confident and beautiful!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #24  
I can do this!

Default On my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Amen to that dkbutters...Take my advice ..lose the weight now..don't waste a day more..I'm 50 now and I wasted a quite a few years being fat when I could have felt confident and beautiful!
Thank you and I'm on my way! I only have 20 lbs to go and I feel great! Now the hard part will be keeping it off but at least I have the support of the program to help with that
Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdaisybutters View Post
Thank you and I'm on my way! I only have 20 lbs to go and I feel great! Now the hard part will be keeping it off but at least I have the support of the program to help with that
Congrats dkdaisybutters on your weight loss! How long has it taken you to get to lose the weight?
healthylady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #26  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shord123 View Post
Congrats dkdaisybutters on your weight loss! How long has it taken you to get to lose the weight?
175 days so 5 months and 22 days I calculated