Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Question HNS Smoothies for Dinner?

Hi everyone,
I'm going to the Center today to face the music for the bad week I had.

I think I've isolated where I fall off track and it seems to be at dinner. I'm on my own with the kids while my husband is at work and things get hectic with homework, dinner for them, bath time, etc. So last night I made a smoothie with an HNS, some protein powder and then tossed in some fresh spinach and berries. It was delicious and very filling. I'm wondering if I can pull this off a few nights a week or if it's totally off program.
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

It doesn't sound like it's off plan to me. Can you add Greek yogurt to the smoothy for a protein boost? You can eat that three times a week. I guess you are adding more protein powder on top of your HNS...

You'll probably need to add quite a bit of spinach though, or have a side salad with your smoothie for your 8oz raw veggies.
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyrae View Post
It doesn't sound like it's off plan to me. Can you add Greek yogurt to the smoothy for a protein boost? You can eat that three times a week. I guess you are adding more protein powder on top of your HNS...

You'll probably need to add quite a bit of spinach though, or have a side salad with your smoothie for your 8oz raw veggies.
Good ideas. Thank you! A salad is doable. And yes, I added some protein powder to the HNS last night.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

good idea, dinner is where I mess up too because I'm hungry by the time I get home & then I have to wait for it to cook, I'm thinking maybe I can cook the next nights meal that night that way when I get home dinner is cooked and only has to be warmed up?
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
good idea, dinner is where I mess up too because I'm hungry by the time I get home & then I have to wait for it to cook, I'm thinking maybe I can cook the next nights meal that night that way when I get home dinner is cooked and only has to be warmed up?
Or you could use it for lunch the next day. I try to do some prep on the weekends - wash & chop tons of veggies, hard boil a few eggs, cook some chicken breasts, even make a few salads to grab for lunch.

My center wasn't thrilled with my smoothie idea since it's not on the menu but sometimes you do what you gotta do - and it's a better choice than other quick options!