3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Hard time with supplements! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/264208-hard-time-supplements.html)

m1sskara 08-07-2012 09:08 AM

Hard time with supplements!

Hey Everyone!

I'm new here. I've been doing Meta-Balance for Breastfeeding Mothers program for a few months now, and I'm down 50.5 pounds. My one issue is the supplements. I have a busy lifestyle, and I have a hard time making myself stop to do the supplements. And honestly, I'm not really hungry for the supplements either.

My question is this: Do the supplements make a big difference? I love the bars, but hate all the juices. I only like the Jello and Chicken broth and the soups.

-kara

JenB72 08-07-2012 09:56 AM

Yes, the supplements are a big thing. This is a low carb, high protein weight loss plan and the HNS (High Nutrition Supplements) are key. They supplement the extra protein you need to help lose the weight. I didn't believe it until I maxed out on the number of supplements I drink a day and then the weight started falling off. I have a 20 oz. Rubbermaid bottle and carry it and the drink packets in my purse. When I'm out and about, I may stop at a store for a bottle of water if I don't have any and mix it up while on the go. Other tricks that work is to get a pitcher and mix up all the drinks for your day and make sure you get it all in before the day is over. Also, you can use more water to make it more palatable. It doesn't change the protein content.

I hope this helps some and just remember, you are only permitted up to 3 bars a week. MANY of us who have been with MRC for a while have found they will make you constipated so we don't eat that many of them (even if they taste good). Fun, huh? ;)

pam745 08-07-2012 10:38 AM

Thanks for the info about the bars. I teach and that was going to be my lunch plan for when school starts back. Guess I will be rethinking that!

m1sskara 08-07-2012 11:51 AM

I didnt realize that about the bars! And I have been constipated. Maybe I could try diluting the drinks more. One literally made me vomit, since I hate, hate, hate juice. and things that are sweet. I do, however, love the chicken broth. Wonder if it would taste alright if it was room temperature? I won't always have time to heat that up.

I guess I could make big batches of the jello and put them in my fridge at work.

How many supplements should I be getting a day?

JenB72 08-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1sskara (Post 4430131)
I didnt realize that about the bars! And I have been constipated. Maybe I could try diluting the drinks more. One literally made me vomit, since I hate, hate, hate juice. and things that are sweet. I do, however, love the chicken broth. Wonder if it would taste alright if it was room temperature? I won't always have time to heat that up.

I guess I could make big batches of the jello and put them in my fridge at work.

How many supplements should I be getting a day?

Definitely dilute the drinks. I'm a Wildberry fan, so after mixing it in water, I'll add some Diet Rite Red Raspberry soda to it to give it a kick.

The Strawberry-Banana Gelatin is also a great alternative to drinking the HNS.

Check out the recipes thread above. There are many recipes that use a HNS supplement in it so that helps. However, you are limited to one creamy a day if you need to use one (for instance, tomato soup HNS in chili...love it!)

Hope this helps some.

slotalkinwoman 08-23-2012 12:22 AM

water and HNS supplements

My consultant told me that fluid you drink with the HNS doesn't count on your fluid intake. She said that the 64 ozs of water daily has to be clear water..:?:

chikittita 08-25-2012 07:57 PM

I al lurking here for a while and reading about the MRC. Sounds promising! Unfortunately I live in small town in Ontario and there is no close by center to get more info and see if it works for me. :(