Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/189.6/155

Height: 5'8 1/2''

Default Slow weight loss in the beginning

I was wondering if anyone experienced slow weight loss in the beginning and was worried this plan wasn't going to work out, but then the lbs started coming off after awhile. I'm leveling off on my weight loss and I know someone else who, after starting the green (like me), hasn't lost anything in 3 days and has only lost 1lb in the last week.

Is this normal and can we expect that eventually the plan will kick in and the lbs will start to fall off?

I know I'm still really early into it, but my body, over the last 3 years or so, has become very resistant to weight loss and very obliged to adapt to whatever diet plan I'm on and stay put w/out weight loss. I guess I just need to hear that this is normal and it's not my body being it's impossible self again.
Jen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209.4/197.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I went for four days with no loss and my counselor told me I had hit a plateau. She told me to drink my water and strictly stay OP. Sure enough the scale moved 1.5 pounds.

Just stay true to the plan and it will work. I too get anxious when I don't see a loss, but I know my clothes are fitting differently and my husband is commenting regularly that he notices the loss.

I'm so excited!!
nvogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #3  

Thanks nvogue!

I drink a ton of water (did so even before I started the program), anywhere from 70-110 oz a day and I am already strict on the program, have not so much as taken a bite of something I'm not supposed to (except last week when I was crashing and needed food fast).

Hopefully it's just an adjustment period and things will start moving again soon.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

I really do believe it's an adjustment period especially for those of us who's bodies are used to yo yo dieting, etc. I went through about 10 days of no loss a week after I started the program, talk about discouraging!! I was really upset and got a lot of support here, that eventually the scale would move again and it did. It was hard, but we just have to stay strong and I kept telling my body that you can do whatever you want, but I'm not quitting. LOL
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209.4/197.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks anjy99!

I really needed to hear that too. My official WI is tomorrow morning and I'm not sure that I will see an additional loss, but I will stay focused and keep OP.

I was asking in another thread about exercising. How much exercise are you all doing? I thought I read somewhere to limit exercise in the beginning of the program. Not sure though.
nvogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjy99 View Post
I really do believe it's an adjustment period especially for those of us who's bodies are used to yo yo dieting, etc. I went through about 10 days of no loss a week after I started the program, talk about discouraging!! I was really upset and got a lot of support here, that eventually the scale would move again and it did. It was hard, but we just have to stay strong and I kept telling my body that you can do whatever you want, but I'm not quitting. LOL
Wow! 10 days! That would drive me nuts! So that'll be my new waiting point, if I don't lose weight in 10 days I won't worry. But man I hope that doesn't happen, I only have 16 1/2 weeks of program to get the weight off! (Not counting the other two phases after the initial program is over).
Old 08-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

I am not an exercise person and was told that exercise is not required and they do not encourage heavy duty exercise/training otherwise you'll need to be on a modified menu. However, at every weigh in, my counselor does encourage me to take baby steps to amp up my activity level. So, 5 min on the elliptical or just get out and walk. So, yes exercise is good and they said it will make the pounds come off faster.
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvogue View Post
Thanks anjy99!

I really needed to hear that too. My official WI is tomorrow morning and I'm not sure that I will see an additional loss, but I will stay focused and keep OP.

I was asking in another thread about exercising. How much exercise are you all doing? I thought I read somewhere to limit exercise in the beginning of the program. Not sure though.
I was exercising a lot more BEFORE I started the program, but I've been worried about exercising too much until my body got used to the low fats and sugars. Mornings are still tough for me (weak and lightheaded) so I'm afraid to do my regular workouts in the evenings. But last night I did so a little more than I have been and I woke up mostly ok this morning.

I've been walking and last night I did jogging on the mini-trampoline. Tonite I may try pilates and see how I feel in the morning.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

As far as exercise goes, I started off walking especially in the beginning. It helped with fatigue for me too. I have started doing more resistence work in the last few weeks (planks, squats and push ups mainly) and I have noticed a positive change in my body. I don't know about other people but I really felt like I was just deflating-muscle included.
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jolly Green Bran View Post
As far as exercise goes, I started off walking especially in the beginning. It helped with fatigue for me too. I have started doing more resistence work in the last few weeks (planks, squats and push ups mainly) and I have noticed a positive change in my body. I don't know about other people but I really felt like I was just deflating-muscle included.
That'll be the most important part to me...keeping my muscles built up. The good thing about my body is that, while it likes to keep the fat, it also builds muscle very easily and my arms, legs, and abs will tone up really nice. I'm afraid to do the kind of weight lifting I'm used to. I'm not a weight lifter by any stretch of the imagination, but I do get serious with the weights when I'm feeling strong. (I recommend ChaLEAN Extreme workouts...SO great for helping you add lean muscle.)
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/148.5/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks for sharing ANJY99. I had my 3rd weigh in on Tuesday and had a slight gain.....sigh. These boards really help me focus!!

Last edited by Minic1; 08-02-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Minic1 is offline   Reply With Quote