3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Starting MRC Tuesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/262347-starting-mrc-tuesday.html)

txmomma79567 07-05-2012 06:51 PM

Starting MRC Tuesday

I have been reading the posts on here and have scheduled my consultation! I am currently at 203 lbs and looking to lose about 70 lbs. I have seen the rules and stuff on how to eat but what exactly CAN we eat on this diet?:cheer3::cheer3:;)

Would love more info before I jump in head first!

Alicia

rwquilts 07-05-2012 09:50 PM

Lots of veggies

I'm sure there are a lot more experienced MRC'ers here, since I've only been on the program for 19 days. But here's my 2 cents: Veggies, protein, some carbs and some fruits. I love salad, so my lunches are just wonderful. The first 4 days were a bit rough, but boy did I down the water.

Good luck to you at your consultation!

Ruthie

txmomma79567 07-06-2012 03:05 PM

Thanks for the info..kinda nervous though. i love veggies and fruit, just worried i wont be able to handle not having my sweet tea...haha

JodiH 07-06-2012 04:00 PM

txmomma, you really need to stick with water, but you will be able to have sweet tea - just sweetened with artificial sweetener. Also, you will need the decaf kind. I fix it quite a bit, and we have come to like it a lot. Don't worry about not having enough to eat. There are tons of food choices. I have learned to grill and bake talipia, which was a big change from fried catfish!

txmomma79567 07-06-2012 07:48 PM

JodiH, Thanks for the encouragement. It is nice to know that I will have more of a selection. I have a sister in law and her mother that are on MRC, but they seem to think i will be on a different meal plan so im trying to get an idea of just what to expect. I am not gonna have a problem with drinking water. It has been so hot here in tx. that i drink twice to required amount. Crystal light is another good buddy of mine for now! I love the margarita flavor. I love to mix it and put it in the freezer. when it is slush, take it out and treat myself to a virgin margarita! Im not big on sea food, like catfish, but i will eat it if i have to..maybe seeing other ways to prepare it other than fried will help me come to like it. How are the recipes in the cookbook if anyone has bought one?:?:

JodiH 07-08-2012 10:56 PM

A friend bought the cook book and used it at the first, but doesn't use it much now. I did not buy the book, but have used recipes that are one here and that my center gives me. I also have just tweeked my regular recipes and I think it works best for me. That way I feel like I am getting my regular foods.

aw82797 07-08-2012 11:12 PM

just so you know you can have crystal light but you must get at least 64 ounces of plain water with nothing added to it a day, We have been baking our fish I bake it at 350 seasoned with some braggs aminos, fat free zesty italian dressing, & Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning & table blend. yummy! bake it for about 10 minutes per inch thick of fish until the fish flakes easily with a fork, even my kids are enjoying fish more. I didn't get the cookbook but there is a lot of recipes posted here. I like the virgin slushy drinks idea I will have to try that when we are drinking so I don't feel left out and hopefully will be less tempted. good luck