3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   New here, harder than I thought.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/261476-new-here-harder-than-i-thought.html)

anjy99 06-21-2012 05:57 PM

New here, harder than I thought..

Oh my gosh, I started this program on Monday, been doing pre-conditioning and it's been really hard.. I'm hungry all the time, headaches and sooo tired. Plus I have not dropped an ounce. Is this normal?? I go tomorrow for the food instruction and to get the menu that I will be on.. I'm stressed out..

jenkatt 06-21-2012 06:26 PM

First time around is really hard. Your body is use to junk and you're not giving it to it. It does get easier.

kaylasmommy 06-22-2012 09:09 AM

It really does get easier. Drink lot's of water, and Clear American water drinks from Walmart are a God send! They can definately curb the hunger. Then, your body will get used to not having the junk and the salt. You will start to feel better. My first time OP I had the worst headaches for days! Also sleepiness. This time around, I only had the headaches and sleepy feeling for a day or so, then by mid week, my body was feeling like it's normal self, and I felt so much better. Drink, drink, drink. And take an alieve or take a nap if you are able to. Sleep definately helps. Listen to your body, not your mind. Drink.

rachels77 06-22-2012 11:07 AM

Ditto... hang in there. The first few weeks are the roughest as your body adjusts to not having the carby-sugary-sweet fix. I didn't do too bad without the salt, but sugar was ROUGH. I tried to find alternatives (healthy) to what I was craving... for salt, the Ms. Dash seasonings come in a variety (I have them all, and use what I want depending upon my mood). For sugar, the MRC cookbook (and here) have some good recipes for things... I liked the cinnamon roll thing made with bread and the vanilla HNS... or the fake cookies... Also, cinnamon toast was great for a morning sweet fix (with Stevia and cinnamon).

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting rest. Like I've said before lack of water and sleep and an overabundance of stress has caused me to gain in the past.

Try to plan everything and get on the boards here when you're not feeling so strong and to share those successes. You are on your way! Don't give up!

sonnyrae 06-22-2012 01:52 PM

Same as all of the above. I'm on day 14 and feel great now. I had major afternoon headaches (when I craved chips) and was tired, but now I'm feeling really great. I actually don't have to drag myself out of bed in the mornings, which is a first!

anjy99 06-22-2012 03:31 PM

Thank you so much everyone, that makes me feel a lot better. At least I know this is only temporary! I had the food nutrition class and learned a lot, so I guess I'm off to the races!

mrslolowar 06-24-2012 12:49 PM

Have you started the menu yet, i am on Day 2, I feel exhausted. I am on the vegetarian plan. Making it to Day 4 is my goal. That and getting the supplements in order.:?:

LolaBunni 06-26-2012 10:57 AM

Yesterday was my first day of Pre-Conditioning and it was tough! Not because of the headaches or sleepiness, but because I left my Menu at work on Friday. I had a hard remembering what I could have so I was not able to plan accordingly. Today is a lot better, but I just have a feeling I'm not going to lose anything when I WI on Thursday :( stress.com!

Fluffy in Florida 06-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolaBunni (Post 4384349)
Yesterday was my first day of Pre-Conditioning and it was tough! Not because of the headaches or sleepiness, but because I left my Menu at work on Friday. I had a hard remembering what I could have so I was not able to plan accordingly. Today is a lot better, but I just have a feeling I'm not going to lose anything when I WI on Thursday :( stress.com!

My suggestion here would be to program the centers number into your phone. When I first started I would call them if I was in the store and didn't have my menu. I couldn't always remember which veggies/fruits I could and couldn't have. I would call and tell them I was shopping and didn't have the menu with me for guidance. If I came up with questions I would call them too. I think the first week I called them 3-4 times a day lol.

anjy99 06-27-2012 04:32 PM

that's great advice Fluffy, my center is awesome and they don't care how often I call to ask questions.. love it!

anjy99 06-27-2012 04:33 PM

mrslolowar- I have started.. this is actually Day 9 for me and so far so good. I have to admit the first few days I was pretty cranky, had horrible headaches and just felt blah.. but I feel great now.. Hang in there!

Nyght 06-27-2012 08:02 PM

I agree, my center has been great with calling about questions. And now that I am on the regular plan, I have settled into a routine that feels comfortable.