Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #46  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

MRC is such a good diet plan. I've never understood why the centers are always out of stuff. Thank goodness for these boards or I would have never known about the online sites to order from ! they didn't even have the cookbook when i joined so had to order online. their attitude was oh, well... it's funny, i'm in a small town and the WW meetings are usually in an old building or church (temporary settings) and boy they always are fully stocked w/ their snacks, bars, little bags, books, etc. because they can make money on all those extras. i loved the meetings too - their plan stopped working for me but i did love the group meetings where everyone shared what they were going through. and you know i never spoke up...HA HA, i really had to fight to keep my hand from raising and sharing!!! LOL, wonder if they miss me? it's like, where is that girl that was always bouncing in her seat w/ stuff to talk about? haha i used to take my girlfriend w/ me and she wouldn't eat anything all day before our weigh in in the pm. she would be like, i wish they would STOP talking about food, i'm starving! then she'd want to go out for pizza after our meetings! needless to say, she wasn't successful at losing. one time she had 4 Slim fasts for the day to equal the 20 points she was allowed!!!!

Last edited by bigdog; 06-07-2012 at 02:06 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #47  

Need some help here...

For those that have been on Weight Watchers, they use to suggest making an icecream sandwich with WW approved icecream, frozen yogurt or cool whip and graham crackers... It was delicious.

I am wanting to make it using the MRC idea of food eating.. I do not want to use graham crackers as they are real high in carbs, unless there are some that I am not aware of that are not.

I am open to suggestions.. I was thinking for inside to use FF Greek yogurt that I have flavored, as I have that every night as a treat. Maybe freeze a bit before putting it between the two whatever ... I am on maintenance so whatever is suggested may not be for all that are on program, but maybe some that are on stabilization.

Thanks
Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 06-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #48  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Need some help here...

For those that have been on Weight Watchers, they use to suggest making an icecream sandwich with WW approved icecream, frozen yogurt or cool whip and graham crackers... It was delicious.

I am wanting to make it using the MRC idea of food eating.. I do not want to use graham crackers as they are real high in carbs, unless there are some that I am not aware of that are not.

I am open to suggestions.. I was thinking for inside to use FF Greek yogurt that I have flavored, as I have that every night as a treat. Maybe freeze a bit before putting it between the two whatever ... I am on maintenance so whatever is suggested may not be for all that are on program, but maybe some that are on stabilization.

Thanks
Patzi
Hi, Patzi, check this link out below for low carb ice cream sandwiches (20 g. protein, 4 g. carbs, 15 g. fiber) i haven't made this (too many ingredients for me since i am very challenged in the kitchen!) but i wish you would make it and ship to me! LOL

http://www.ehow.com/how_2310127_make...ice-cream.html
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I know what you mean about the wafer bars... I like them too! The Soy Mini Crisps being discontinued really bummed me out.

Had a good weigh in yesterday... down 3.5 pounds. BUT it's not the way to do it. I was in car accident yesterday morning with my two daughters (7 and 9) and had to spend the ENTIRE day in the ER having my youngest checked out for torn bowels or spleen (due to the seatbelt). So, we didn't eat breakfast or lunch all day and then I weighed in. Hopefully I can hop back on the wagon, as I treated my girls (and myself) to Orange Leaf last night after the day we had... oh well, once in a while doesn't hurt. My main concern is that no one was hurt (we're all just sore today) and that's all that matters.

Have a great weekend everyone! We'll be taking a small trip out of town - going to eat at a few BBQ joints (planned cheats) and then stay on plan the rest of the time!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

How about for the cookies using those oatmeal cakes/bars/whatever they are, that you have made so many times? Or some variation of them. The Greek yougert will freeze hard as a rock if you leave it in too long, as you probably already know. I read the recipe Bigdog found- great nutrition content but too much work for Me!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Default Wafer Bars

I did some searching...............Nashua Nutrition has Proti-thin Vanilla Wafer squares which appear the be the same as MRC's but I don't have a box to check the nutrional info. Netrition has bars called OH YEAH Chocolate Chocolate Wafers that are very similar to MRC's - the nutrition info is just slightly different:

OH YEAH:
Calories 210 (mrc is 200)
total fat cal 117 (mrc is 110)
total fat 13 g (mrc is 12g)
sodium 130 mg (mrc is 135 mg)
total carb 8 g (mrc is 11 g)
Dietary fiber 2g (mrc is 1g)
Sugar 2 g (mrc is 4 g)
protein 14 g (mrc is 13 g)

I do really like the MRC wafers but don't eat them too often since they are so good I want to eat more than 1 serving!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #52  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Ok, I had a quick question for all you lovely ladies with kids...or anyone with an opinion, really. I had 2 days of spotting at the start of last week, then nothing. I was expecting my TOM, but it never happened. I was on Antibiotics for a sinus infection earler in the month but did not think about using backup birth control becuase I have PCOS and was told I am not ovulating anyway. I took a pregnancy test on Saturday evening and it came back negative. This week I am so tired and I am sore all over, but I figured that was from Zumba. My stomach is doing these lazy barrel rolls and I just don't want to eat anything, even when it is all growly, it does not want food.

I have lost almost 20% of my body weight since I started this diet last november and I don't know what kind of effect that has had on my system, but I am starting to get frustrated, and I am so tired I just want to crawl under my desk for a nap.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

My mom's friend sent me this recipe for Taco Seasoning (just like the packets, but better for you). The only thing that looks OP would be the cornstarch. Thoughts on this?

Taco Seasoning (for use w/1 lb meat)

2 tsp minced onion
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp cornstarch
¼ tsp dried, crushed red pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin

Blend all in mini food processor.
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

Can someone post the MetaBalance plan? I will likely be switching to it next week (from the Green Meta Slim menu) as I am beginning to train for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk, so I will be working out about 5 days a week.
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #55  

Melissa, we are not allowed to post the actual plans because they are trademarked and owned property of MRC. Are you not an enrolled member of a center?

Last edited by camaswa; 06-07-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #56  

Milissa, liked the seasoning. What makes this better for you?

Last edited by camaswa; 06-07-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Default Scale obsession!

I am normally an everyday weigher - naked first thing in the morning. However, this past week I decided that I would NOT step on the scale at home - only at the center on my Saturday weigh in. My reasoning is that I am tired of stressing about not losing. I figure at least this way I won't see the ups and downs during the week - hopefully just a loss on Saturday. I started metabalance on Monday and have following the plan with no cheats(tastes or even licks!) Hoping to see a loss tomorrow since I have been at the same weight for the past 3 weigh in's. I only have 3 more weeks left of weight loss and there is no way I will reach my goal, but at least a couple more pounds down would be nice!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #58  

Faery, your posts so often say what I am thinking! It amazes me - we have such similar issues and even stats. I am watching the number moving up and down so much each day that I am also discouraged. I posted elsewhere that this first week on MetaBalance I have gained everyday- now today it has backed off some, putting me back where I was last week. I weigh in at the center in a few hours, but I'm even stressing some over that because it will be later in the day than usual and I wil have worked out, eaten and had more water.

I guess we should stop obsessing and just do our jobs: sticking to the plan. Let us know if your center suggests you do something different to break your stall.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

For those that are having problems with their centers, something I just found out a couple days ago is that you do not have to be on their program to buy their products. Which is good for people who don't want to be on it, or need the products for other reasons, HOWEVER if the people who are on the program are not getting the products they need then the center needs to limit what they sell (or stop selling) to people not paying for the program. It might be worth it to ask your center if they do that and complain if they do.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #60  

I am on day two of the yellow menu and am struggling with being tired, not wanting to eat all of the vegetables required, and feeling bloated. Any ideas? The gal at MCR suggested exercising, but I'm too pooped to care. Has anyone else experienced this? I lost 5.5 pounds during my 4 days of pre-conditioning, so I don't want to cheat or not follow the diet to a tee, however I'm weiner when it comes to struggling. I think that I could do this better if I just drank the HNS and gave up eating! Any ideas or personal experiences that you could describe would be appreciated!
jlpnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote