Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #1  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default Hit a plateau...and want to eat everything

It is another 30 minutes to lunch, but I brough turkey taco's. My boss is sitting at her desk, and the smell of her beef stew is wafting over the divider to me and making me want to scream. This morning in the break room they were having a reception for an interviewing librarian, and the smell if cinnamon rolls wafted through my department making my mouth water. I decided to take a break and get away from it all up on the 4th floor...where apparently they are having some kind of catered lunch, and as soon as the elevator doors opened it was all I could do to stop myself from attacking the chef guy standing by the door and steal his food....to run cackling from the building.

I have been good this week, I have been crazy good. I have not even allowed myself a hershies kiss. Everything has stayed on plan, dispite the brownies they had in my office on Tuesday afternoon, dispite being sick and having a mad craving for chicken noodle soup. I have been good. My bathroom scale said I gained 3 pounds. I go to WI tonight after work and am just dreading it. Right now I want nothing more than to just go home and bury my head in a pillow and sleep for the next 12-18 hours.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest before it explodes, and I kill everyone in this office for chocolate.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #2  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Oh, and I still have not gotten the paperwork back from my center to get reimbursed my my insurance. It has been a month now and I am getting really frustrated with that, becuase I kind of need to pay off this credit card before I get intrest rates out the wazoo.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #3  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

I'm going through that right as we speak, hungrier than usual today, ate a light breakfast & lunch, and now have to smell the General Tsao chicken and egg rolls that my co-worker is scarfing two feet away from me.

My mantra: think about how you'd feel after

I keep repeating that to myself. I'm not going to do anything stupid today, but it's hard when some days are like this. Just keep moving forward, and tomorrow will be a better day, plus you'll feel proud for sticking to your guns.
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I hear ya... I went on Metaquick today to try to undo some off-plan eating earlier and I'm smelling the fried fish in my office... yikes.

I'm trying to drink my water like a mad woman and get in an extra HNS... so far so good... maybe if I drink the water, I'll be so busy going to the bathroom to want to eat!

Good luck!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #5  

Unhappy Lose has really slowed

My weight loss has really slowed - usually losing 1/2 pound at each wi, with a few 1 1/2 pounds mixed in. I have lost 52 pounds and would like to lose another 25-30. I drink lots of water, on the green menu, very rarely cheat. So, I need some ideas. I take the Big 3 and lots of vitamins and drink 4 HNS each day. UGH!
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiH View Post
My weight loss has really slowed - usually losing 1/2 pound at each wi, with a few 1 1/2 pounds mixed in. I have lost 52 pounds and would like to lose another 25-30. I drink lots of water, on the green menu, very rarely cheat. So, I need some ideas. I take the Big 3 and lots of vitamins and drink 4 HNS each day. UGH!
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time right now. Here's a tip sheet I put together full of ideas on breaking a plateau I learned from my counselors and the ladies here. Also, feel free to chime in on our monthly threads. This place has been a great support system with me to keep chugging along when I hit plateaus. Even when I would stall out, I tried my hardest not to let it get into my head too much and eventually, the scale would get moving again. Good luck!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Plateau Busting Tips.pdf (457.8 KB, 84 views)
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #7  

Question

Thanks for the tips. I don't know what is going on. But, I had a wi today and stayed the same AGAIN! I am losing inches and I am grateful for that. I have added some exercises, too. One thing I am wondering about is cottage cheese. Has anyone had problems with it? It seems that if I have it, then I don't lose pounds. Went ahead and signed up to extend my contract while my center is having a special.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiH View Post
Thanks for the tips. I don't know what is going on. But, I had a wi today and stayed the same AGAIN! I am losing inches and I am grateful for that. I have added some exercises, too. One thing I am wondering about is cottage cheese. Has anyone had problems with it? It seems that if I have it, then I don't lose pounds. Went ahead and signed up to extend my contract while my center is having a special.
I don't eat cottage cheese, but that just may be a "trigger food" for you. If you look at #6 on the tip sheet, my counselors told me to avoid cheese when trying to break through a plateau because of the fat & salt content. Stick more with the lean meats or eggs. That always seemed to help. That fact that you are still losing inches is a good sign. Try to stick with it and the scales should start moving again.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #9  

I did not eat any cottage cheese and ended up losing 2 pounds this week. So, guess I will have to very careful with it. I think it may be the sodium content in it. Thanks for all of the advice. It takes a village to lose weight!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Great job, Jodi!

You're right... trigger foods and all that. Live and learn... upward (or in this case downward) and onward...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote