Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #46  

Big Dog.. Great recipe.. Thanks for sharing that.. Here is the Nutritional data I have on the SuperChocolate Drink Mix..
Nutrition Facts
Metabolic Research Center - Metabolic Super Chocolate Drink Mix
Servings: 0.3 oz 1 oz 1 container (9 oz ea.)
Calories 30 Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 1 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
Cholesterol 0
carbs 6 grams
dietary fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 0

Has a bunch of proprietary fruit powder blends in there like blueberry, strawberry, etc.. amt. = 400MB
Has Cocoa powder 4250 MG

Also has other ingredients, but you get the idea from above..

Patzi
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #47  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

looks like it's mostly cocoa powder with the fruit powder blends and very low protein. i bet you could substitute cocoa powder and applesauce to make your brownies.
i made the high protein brownies from the recipe i shared but didn't have the cream cheese so used non fat greek yogurt. didn't have the applesauce so used mashed strawberries. haha!!!! thank goodness my DH is a Chef!! it was terrible and looked like dog doo. especially after it blew up in the microwave! i'll have to try it again w/ the right ingredients!

i bought a brownie mix from Diet Direct - Doctor's CarbRite Diet Extra Rich and Fudgy Brownies w/ chocolate chips that i'm going to make today.
but it does call for 1/2 cup of butter (should i substitute something or just go for it?) i'll have to do some research...maybe buy some prunes to substitute for butter or applesauce? i really don't want to use butter....of if i do, less. olive oil? (i really am Culinary challenged!!! and when i used to make stuff and take it home on visits, my mom would just laugh and pull me aside and say, you know you can buy muffins, cookies, etc. in delis...)

servings 12 brownies
cal. 204
fat 12 G (butter)
Carbs 19 G
Sugar 0 G
Fiber 3 G
Protein 5 G
Old 03-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #48  

Bah! Big dilema. I haven't fully restocked my new wardrobe, but have been able to make do with what I have and it really does get me through most events...BUT...

I have an "interview" on Wed. "Interview" because (okay, I'll try my best to explain) I would be working at the same school providing athletic training services, I would just work for a different hospital. My current hospital is a little unstble financially, so another hospital wanted to provide services to the school, but the school wants to keep me. My hospital is still willing to provide services but the other hospital is trying to get the contract and in return get me to work for them...so really they are trying to woo me (and possibly my hospital is going to offer me more money as I told them the other hospital pays $8/hr more). Okay, so maybe you get the picture. Now here's the deal, I have some dress pants that kinda fit (most are too big in the butt or don't go with the one dressy jacket I have). I have a button up that is slightly too big but would work, especially with the jacket. So I "should" go shopping...but ugh! we know how "fun" (sarcasm) shopping for specific pieces should be...and my husband thinks what i have looks okay. And it's an hour to the nearest clothing shopping place.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #49  
Motivated Member

i bet you look great! snap a photo and post it :-) an old trick my mom used when she lost weight and didn't want to buy all new clothes was she'd put her pants in the dryer on HOT! :-) to shrink them a bit... but that was for her "play" clothes so don't try this and ruin your clothes! i did try that w/ some cotton jackets....and it worked...
for interviews, good to wear what you feel comfortable in and sometimes brand new clothes are not going to be what you are used to.
me being in sales, i have my "lucky" clothes that i feel comfortable in to meet w/ big clients :-) to guarantee a sale. like if i don't have Red Door perfume on - my favorite signature scent - no sales for me! my mom used to buy it for me each Christmas to increase my sales! miss that woman each and every day!!!

Good luck w/ your interview...i was thinking about changing jobs but decided to meet w/ HR (Bad bad boss) and save my job
TMI, but hey, we are at our jobs 8 to 10 hours a day or more and it does affect who we are and even what we eat....
Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #50  

Big Dog....

Substitute for butter.. I have used Smart Balance light margarine . You could also use olive oil, but I think the margarine would be better for weight loss or maintenance.
Talking about brownies, you old weight watcher members, remember the bean brownies made with beans.. Well, I had some that really were not too bad.. My husband would not even look at them when I told him they were made with beans.. LOL...

Nwcgina... I would wear what you think looks the best.. Why put extra stress on you to go shopping.. If hubby says looks great, then I would go for him. Want to wish you the best in your interview.. I know you will look great.

Hope y'all are having a nice day.I have been baking and freezing.

Patzi
Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #51  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Big Dog....

Substitute for butter.. I have used Smart Balance light margarine . You could also use olive oil, but I think the margarine would be better for weight loss or maintenance.
Talking about brownies, you old weight watcher members, remember the bean brownies made with beans.. Well, I had some that really were not too bad.. My husband would not even look at them when I told him they were made with beans.. LOL...

Nwcgina... I would wear what you think looks the best.. Why put extra stress on you to go shopping.. If hubby says looks great, then I would go for him. Want to wish you the best in your interview.. I know you will look great.

Hope y'all are having a nice day.I have been baking and freezing.

Patzi
i do remember the black bean brownies and they were great! could not tell they were made w/ beans. we used to also use pureed prunes. i miss the group meetings at WW... i was successful and reached Lifetime w/ WW but when they started having the meetings just in the evenings - i ended up not being able to go all the time due to working late or networking events...plus who likes to weigh in at 6:30pm.? bleah.. we would always share ideas for low point foods and recipes. that's why i love you guys here! i can post a question or problem and you always help me out :-)

i read online to substitute olive oil or applesauce but if i used pureed fruit to also use half of the oil or butter so they would come out right. altering too much and they would taste like crapola :-) kind of like my dog poo brownies i made last night. haha!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #52  

Thanks gals...

bigdog-ALL of my clothes are new (either borrowed or hand me down)...so I don't feel overly comfortable in anything.

patzi-thanks! I know that the clothes only really hold the first impression so they are important, but also my own personality and experience will play a big role. I was reflecting on when I have interviewed other candidates and how much their wardrobe played a role (just don't stand out by showing your belly, having a huge muffin top, showing too much cleavage, have clothes pressed, etc.)

I did go shopping and bought a new top and pants which fit great, but they aren't my favorite. I'm going to try them on and compare them to the too big ones to see if I'm going to keep them or take them back and get soem summer clothes & khakis and just wear the too big ones for the interview...in my actual job I don't dress up that much (khakis and polo is my main attire), so I hate to have dress pants or button ups that I won't really wear much. But I may try them on and compare them to what I have adn think "oh yeah! I'd hire me." Also doing a lot of trying on of bras as the "sisters" have changed drastically. I bought a VS one, but I still have a hard time stomaching that much for an undergarment...bought something similar on sale at Kohl's...I'll compare them when I do the try on session. I'm pretty darn sure I'm ready to just stay at this size since I have 4 pairs of jeans in this size that I like and feel good.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #53  
Motivated Member

Gina, i think you should get a new mirror because you look great!!!

this is funny but in my bathroom (the guest bathroom that i use) , one whole wall is a mirror and i'll walk by and say, hey, looking good and lift up my shirt and check out my stomach which is almost flat! i just can't believe it! then i'll turn sideways and priss around. hahah! maybe it's the mirror? but i like like like it!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #54  

bigdog-that's exactly what I was saying that probably didn't come out that way. I do like how I look "here" even though I am 4 lbs from my goal...so I'm ready to stabilize. And I do ahve some clothes...mainly jeans and casual tops, that do fit. So as I rebuild the "professional" part of my wardrobe I want to make sure the pieces I get are good pieces that I'm going to wear and not something I get just because I'm desparate. I'm not good at shopping in outfits and I need to!! I loved Maurice's today since they keep all their "short" sizes together...I think I'll go there to get some summer outfits.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #55  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Well I hate to be a downer on such positive conversation, but I am not doing real well and need a little extra support I guess. I am in week 2 of Maintenance and not making real great choices. I think I am honestly overwhelmed with the freedoms and am feeling afraid right now. I feel sometimes limeys I am not as in control because I feel less restricted. My little sister has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, so I am emotional on top of it all. A tough time...but I see myself making poor choices and get frustrated with my weakness then turn around and screw up again. I sure havent worked this hard to gain it all back...please help me. Any thoughts or words of wisdom
would be greatly appreciated right now.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #56  

tami-I have no words of wisdom...I'm scared of exactly what you're talking about...once I have the freedom that I'll go crazy with bad choices. I told my husband today what if I take a bite of chocolate/carmel something and can't stop?? But you can make good choices. You made good choices to get you this far. Some of the maintainers may have more wisdom. Are you still journaling your food. I know from reading research that those who continue to journal their food do a better job of maintaining (I think planning goes with that). I know you and I have talked briefly about this book before but have you read made to crave? May be of help. She talks about getting out of that cycle of wanting to eat better, then messing up so we feel guilty and make another bad choice, then resolve to do better...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 242/215/165

Hi All... I am fairly new to the program (day 8 of beige menu) and to date I have been rocking it. But last night I received terrible news and have been mourning all day, which equates to not eating and craving all of the comfort foods I used to turn to... any advice? Has anyone else suffered a family tragedy while OP and get back on track? I am worried about not being able to come back.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #58  

sara-I had a big stressful situation a few weeks into the plan (a close friend was on life support after giving birth). The first thing I wanted to do was turn to cookies. I just had to tell myself over and over and over and over that eating would not change the situation. i literally cried for days and that comfort food kept calling, but I just kept having to say "you will not make her well, and you will make me unwell." It doesn't make it easier, but it helped me.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #59  

In answer to TAMI... On this quote
Well I hate to be a downer on such positive conversation, but I am not doing real well and need a little extra support I guess. I am in week 2 of Maintenance and not making real great choices. I think I am honestly overwhelmed with the freedoms and am feeling afraid right now. I feel sometimes limeys I am not as in control because I feel less restricted. My little sister has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, so I am emotional on top of it all. A tough time...but I see myself making poor choices and get frustrated with my weakness then turn around and screw up again. I sure havent worked this hard to gain it all back...please help me. Any thoughts or words of wisdom
would be greatly appreciated right now.

Tami...
You need to stop and breathe and refocus... I don't know if you cheated lots during your diet challenge, but if you did, this may be why you feel like this.. I have found people that took liberties while dieting, had a heck of a time with maintenance... Sooooo.. I know what you are talking about Cancer in the family.. I have been flying back to California for a sister with Cancer, back to Florida to take care of my job here, and back and forth up North as my daughter has had a stroke in her young age, so it is easy to be apprehensive... But you can do this.. Remember this always .. Failure is always success if you learn from it.. You need to put yourself in charge of this diet thing and eat new items in MODERATION. If it is a trigger point and you think you cannot do it, let it go, and try it later on when your mind is stronger. Start focusing on what you feel you can handle on this diet with the new choices and go slow.. Remember, you are in charge and only you, and no one has this power other than you.. I never think about what I can add to the diet. I just add whatever I can in moderation and keep it healthy.

Portion control is the key.. I was trying one -two new foods a week, if I gained, let them go and tried later... When personal setbacks occur, deal with them, shake them off best you can and move on. Fill yourself with positive energy with this maintenance. Please do not be frightened or apprehensive, as you should not be.. Live for each day on the diet .

As far as personal family medical problems.. I decided for myself instead of
fearing or even fighting the changes , try to deal with them as best as possible. Put your energy into making good and meaningful choices in every thing you do , which includes your maintenance choices.

My success in maintenance was to stay away from my trigger points as honestly, if I know that I can not have a few chips but eat the whole bag, it is off my list. I want you to remember the future is yours to create as you wish with maintenance. I wish you the best and if at any time I can help you, please feel free to ask. Go slow with your new choices and you will be fine. Remember me saying so many times, I never said it would be easy, but I said it would be worth it.

Patzi
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Sara and Tami -

I hate to hear that you are struggling. Stress plays a huge factor (along with lack of sleep) in my weight gain and/or maintaining... I did a slippery slope of eating this weekend as well. It started Friday night with a church dinner with my hubster... it was Italian, which I knew, but there were NO OP choices! So, I did my best to avoid most of the pasta in the dishes and allowed myself a tiny portion of desert... and GAINED a pound on Saturday... ugh. I thought I knew better and could handle things but I realize that, in this stage of my plan, I need to stay strict... I seem to crave the structure.

Tami - I wish I could help you more... but I'm not familiar with the details on maintenance... but I will say this: with the bad news about your sister and the things going on, cut yourself some slack. You have a right to feel sad and depressed, you know? And, maybe if it's easier to switch to "robot mode" on eating (i.e. your "go to" meals on plan... salads... chicken... whatever) and then switch back when things have settled down, would that be easier?

Sara - I have not had any family issues while being OP, but I do have a child with birth defects and some things with her bother me quite a bit... my best advice when life happens? Do the best you can... plan, plan, plan the meals... rest, rest, rest and more rest (I tend to gain when I'm tired)... and get that water in!

Have a great day, ladies!!
Closed Thread