Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #1  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Newb all the way around ;)

Hey everyone! I'm just popping in to say hi on the boards I will most likely be spending most of my time on lol. I'm new to 3FC and this board and I just signed up for MRC yesterday. I am in "preconditioning" until next Friday when I can take the first class - i have no idea what I'm doing but was assured that I'll know everything after I take the first class.

I was handed a list of foods for preconditioning, but no idea about how much of each category i'm supposed to be shooting for lol, so i'm winging it.

I actually had my first "breakfast" in I don't know how long. AND it involved fruit. AND decaffeinated coffee. -HUGE- milestone for me as I really don't do breakfast, much less fresh fruit, and never thought i could do decaff anything...

I'm already in the habit of drinking 80+ oz of water a day, so i'm not worried about that part.

I'm open to any tips/tricks/items i need to buy suggestions to get me started!
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #2  

Welcome! On preconditioning there is no set amount on how much of the different foods...that will come in the next step
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #3  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

Everyone has different experiences, but don't be surprised if, a few days into preconditioning, you feel pretty crummy. I was miserable in preconditioning because I went into a carb withdrawal. My sister felt bad during her preconditioning because she was going through caffeine withdrawal. Bleh. It all depends on how dependent you were on the things we can't have while on the plan.

Also, you'll likely see a decent weight drop at the end of preconditioning, as well as the first couple weeks of the plan. DOn't freak out or become discouraged, though, if you stall out after losing about 12-16lbs (about 4-6 weeks in). That's a totally normal plateau that we all seemed to hit right around that time. It won't last long, and it's necessary for your body to kind of go into "shock" at that point and get used to the weight loss and diet change. Like I said, it doesn't last long (maybe a week?), and is just a phase--though it's easy to get discouraged during that time.

Otherwise, try to stick to the plan as close to 100% as you can, and you'll be amazed at the progress you make. The plan absolutely works, but you have to work the plan in order to make that happen.

Good luck, and definitely let us know if you have any questions, hit any rough patches, or are ever feeling kind of down. This board is a great support network, and I never could have done it without these ladies!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #4  
Not fat, just fluffy!

S/C/G: 270/**see ticker**/200

Height: 5'9

Hey Breasaurus!!! Just wanted to let you know your not the only newb. Preconditioning was pretty harsh for me because I cut out carbs completely. My husband had converted me from a meat and veggies girl to meat and potatoes or mac-n-cheese or even on his most favorite nights..both! Plus, lots of biscuits, rolls, or some form of bread. Now I really don't think about it. Your body stops craving it after awhile. I have to say...I'm pretty sure your going to do just great on this diet. Because not only will you get the support you need from the center, but all of us here have tips, tricks, and hints that we gladly give at all hours of the day. Glad your here and can't wait to get to know you better!
Cassie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

In addition to what Teacherlady said, my biggest piece of advice would be plan, plan, plan. The easiest way to fall of the wagon is not having things planed out. Plan your meals. Plan when you'll drink your HNS and water. Plan when to take you supplements. It's easy to stray when things aren't organized.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #6  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

I'm a newbie too! Just wanted to say hi, I'll be starting on Monday. I'm excited and nervous, but looking forward to it!
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #7  
Roller Derby Diva

YAY! you guys are super great! I finally got my menu today I'm on Metaslim Plus. AND - I went grocery shopping (YIKES!) to get everything on my menu (that i'll actually eat) and a few new things to try (like Tilapia). I'm uber excited! I have my whole food menu planned out for tomorrow already!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 347/301/200

Height: 5'5"

Breasaurus! My favorite dinosaur!
ali gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Welcome, Breasaurus! I agree with the planning... my little lunch cooler and my take-along water bottle are my friends!

Also, I love Tilapia! Yummy stuff!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #10  
JBL

S/C/G: 265/201/170

Height: 6'0"

I am also new to the blog. I have been on MRC since October and love it. Never knew I would meet such wonderful people dieting. I have been reading the blog and trying to keep up with new tips and encouragement and decided to join all the fun. I have just finished being on a plateau and that wasn't fun at all, was getting really frustrated. Now everything is wonderful again.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

I have been on program now two weeks. My scale results have been very different from the center. I keep track of everything on livestrong.com so I am going by my daily weigh ins. Good luck everyone!
BOBCAT9976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #12  
Roller Derby Diva

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali gator View Post
Breasaurus! My favorite dinosaur!
Ali Gator! My favorite Gator!!! lol.

Well everyone, I've officially been on the program for 2 weeks as of Wednesday I was down 9.5lbs - but i weighed in today and was up 2lbs. BUT my FWW was down 5% which they said was really hard to do so fast in a 2 day period. They also said the 2lbs was probably water weight & muscle swelling from my intense workout the night before from roller derby.

i gotta admit it was a little discouraging, but I have no doubt I'll be down more next week I am SO ready to sign that 10lb board!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/208/146

Height: 5"1'

Hello! I too am new here. I have been with MRC once quite a long time ago and now I am back. This is my first forum and I am really excited to see what a great support system this is! I am signing up on Friday but have already made some changes that I am pretty proud of. Just wanted to say hello.
Silkviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/208/146

Height: 5"1'

I know what you mean by huge milestone! I have NEVER been a big breakfast eater. When I do eat breakfast it is something full of sugar and carbs. For the past 4 days I have eaten eggs or cheese for breakfast with toast. I also was drinking 2TBS instant coffee each morning and now I am down to 1tsp. I am going to sign up this weekend and I am super excited!! Congrats on the breakfast!!!
Silkviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'4"

I am new to this too... Just ready to look the way I feel inside!
I have my consult on Tuesday, but from what I have ready... we will not be able to afford it. I have PCOS and doctors told me if I want to get preg on my own I need to lose 40 to 60 lbs... If anyone can help me on my journey I would greatly appreciate it!
CPeterson85 is offline   Reply With Quote