just a little concerned

• I purchased the cook book and I am looking at the recipes on this site and most, if not all of the recipes require putting in an HNS.

I really don't want to cook like that because I have children.
    Then what happens when we are off the HNS?

How do you cook without the HNS?

Of course, other than chicken, cheese, salad, and veggies, oh and eggs.
  • Quote: I purchased the cook book and I am looking at the recipes on this site and most, if not all of the recipes require putting in an HNS.

I really don't want to cook like that because I have children.
    Then what happens when we are off the HNS?

How do you cook without the HNS?

Of course, other than chicken, cheese, salad, and veggies, oh and eggs.
    I actually did very little cooking with the supplements. I think the only supplement I used (other than the drinks) was the tomato basil soup mix.

Instead of the chicken boullion they sold, I occasionally used unsalted chicken stock (I used Kitchen basics brand). Other than that, I generally didn't use most of the recipes or the soup mixes.
  • I did not care for most of those recipes with HNSs. After the first couple weeks, I never tried another. I wish I hadnt gotten the cookbook. If i were you I would start now looking for other ones that use the low-carb, permitted foods, so you can be learning a new way of cooking/eating that will make maintenance easier. For the most part, it is a great way to eat. Good luck. And check Patzi's posts.