3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Favorite Food Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/247572-favorite-food-finds.html)

faerychic 11-23-2011 02:50 PM

Favorite Food Finds

Hi everyone~
I am still new at this and was wondering if you all could share your best OP food finds. Mine are:
La Favorita corn tortilla's - 40 calories for 1
Sara Lee Delightful Wheat bread - 45 calories for 1 slice

I found another bread I like better but it is 50 calories - Bavarian sunflower bread.

Thanks for sharing your finds!

camaswa 11-23-2011 03:40 PM

Trader Joes Just Chicken
Trader Joes frozen fish

Hansens Diet ginger ale

Tamikl 11-23-2011 05:12 PM

"Walden Farms" products!!!

faerychic 11-23-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaswa (Post 4117740)
Trader Joes Just Chicken
Trader Joes frozen fish

Hansens Diet ginger ale

Love Trader Joe's but unfortunately we don't have them here in Colorado :mad: I am told they won't open stores here since the grocery stores cannot sell liquor.

faerychic 11-23-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamikl (Post 4117818)
"Walden Farms" products!!!

Which ones do you like? I have tried the ranch and honey mustard dressing and could not stand either one of them.

Tamikl 11-23-2011 08:31 PM

They have a new "Chipotle Ranch" salad dressing that is yummy...(to me :)

I like there carmel dip for apples, their chocolate syrup and dip, along with their version of maple syrup. I haven't tried everything, but I personally like these products for sure!

camaswa 11-23-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faerychic (Post 4117830)
Love Trader Joe's but unfortunately we don't have them here in Colorado :mad: I am told they won't open stores here since the grocery stores cannot sell liquor.

Omg I would have to move!!! I love that store.

bigdog 11-25-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamikl (Post 4117914)
They have a new "Chipotle Ranch" salad dressing that is yummy...(to me :)

I like there carmel dip for apples, their chocolate syrup and dip, along with their version of maple syrup. I haven't tried everything, but I personally like these products for sure!

what store do you get them at? i finally found a couple of their salad dressings at Publix...i'll have to look for the caramel dip - would make eating apples more fun for sure!

Tamikl 11-25-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 4119252)
what store do you get them at? i finally found a couple of their salad dressings at Publix...i'll have to look for the caramel dip - would make eating apples more fun for sure!

Online at "Vitacost" I think ?! Pretty sure...let me know if that works :)

Tamikl 11-25-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 4119252)

Online at "Vitacost" I think ?! Pretty sure...let me know if that works :) I am also told that Albertson's carries Walden Farms products...I don't have that store in my town, but if you do, you could check there, too!

bigdog 11-25-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamikl (Post 4119272)
Online at "Vitacost" I think ?! Pretty sure...let me know if that works :) I am also told that Albertson's carries Walden Farms products...I don't have that store in my town, but if you do, you could check there, too!

we have Walmart, Publix, Bi-Lo, Food Lion and Piggly Wiggly. there is a Krogers about an hour away... i just checked out the website, great prices!! it has Almased protein and the Smooth move tea and great prices.

Thanks for sharing...i'll have to try the caramel and chocolate :-)

PamBlue 11-29-2011 02:35 PM

La Tortilla Factory flour tortillas--50 calories, I think. And MRC suggested Bragg's Amino Acids which taste like soy sauce, without all the sodium.

Munchy 11-29-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faerychic (Post 4117830)

We have a Trader Joe's about five minutes from my house and due to CT Blue Laws, no liquor can be sold within a grocery store. We have no $2 chuck, but we at least have the food! :o

faerychic 11-29-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchy (Post 4122990)
We have a Trader Joe's about five minutes from my house and due to CT Blue Laws, no liquor can be sold within a grocery store. We have no $2 chuck, but we at least have the food! :o

That is interesting. I am originally from California where they are all over the place. When I moved to Colorado I contacted Trader Joe's to ask if they had any plans to open stores in CO and they said more than likely NO since liquor could not be sold in the grocery stores here. Of course this was in the 90's. I think I will ask again.

faerychic 11-29-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PamBlue (Post 4122985)
La Tortilla Factory flour tortillas--50 calories, I think. And MRC suggested Bragg's Amino Acids which taste like soy sauce, without all the sodium.

I did not know about the Bragg's Amino Acids.........that is so good to know. I could use it for a tasty stir fry. Thanks for the tip!:D