Pumpkin Fluff

• not really on the MRC plan but would be way better than the traditional Thanksgiving desserts! my in laws are having pecan pie so i'm making this to avoid temptation!

Pumpkin Fluff

8 servings

1 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
    4 serving fat free sugar free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
    6 oz Cool whip lite whipped topping
    2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

put all in blender and whip it up! sprinkle nutmeg and Lite Cool whip on top.

you can serve in wine or parfait glasses. i've also put in a graham cracker crust and served as a pie. it's more of a pumpkin mousse and is sooo good.
  • Quote: not really on the MRC plan but would be way better than the traditional Thanksgiving desserts! my in laws are having pecan pie so i'm making this to avoid temptation!

Pumpkin Fluff

8 servings

1 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
    4 serving fat free sugar free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
    6 oz Cool whip lite whipped topping
    2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

put all in blender and whip it up! sprinkle nutmeg and Lite Cool whip on top.

you can serve in wine or parfait glasses. i've also put in a graham cracker crust and served as a pie. it's more of a pumpkin mousse and is sooo good.
    This is a good recipe... There is also one that is with lemon and pineapple, called lemon fluff I used to love.. If you want to cut more of calories, get FF cool whip.. Thanks for sharing this. This is an old WW recipe, I believe
    Patzi
  • Quote: This is a good recipe... There is also one that is with lemon and pineapple, called lemon fluff I used to love.. If you want to cut more of calories, get FF cool whip.. Thanks for sharing this. This is an old WW recipe, I believe
    Patzi
    it is! i did WW for ever and do like their plan but they only have weigh ins at night in my small town and i'm the type of person that needs to weigh in when i get up (before drinking water!!! and eating)
    i've had the pineapple Fluff which is great.

WW this is one point without crust so about 50 calories per serving.

Orig. cool whip is 25 cal for 2 TB, Lite is 20 cal and the FF is 15 cal.

FF stuff is too sweet for me...when they take out the fat, it seems like they add sugar or something that sweetens it up too much. like salad dressings..FF - yuck. i'd rather have lemon juice! or olive oil and vinegar...
  • Hey maybe you could do this with a vanilla pudding HNS. Then the pumpkin could sorta count as your starch and you would be loosely on plan.
  • Quote: Hey maybe you could do this with a vanilla pudding HNS. Then the pumpkin could sorta count as your starch and you would be loosely on plan.
    i was thinking about trying the Vanilla pudding HNS but i'm out..i have strawberry, cocomint, chocolate....i do have vanilla protein powder....w/ the pumpkin, may not make a difference. i was thinking the pumpkin would be like squash and count as a veggie...it's pure pumpkin not the pie filling...

when i make it according to the recipe, it's 50 cal per serving.. i could chase the dogs around the yard and burn that off For Thanksgiving, i'm planning on just keeping the calories at 1,000 to 1,200 for the day not really being on plan...well, maybe i am..dinner will be turkey, broccoli, cranberry/orange salad, cornbread stuffing (starch)...dessert, if i make w/ HNs could be a creamy HNS for the day! it's supposed to be high 70's so how about sugar free margarita mix w/ my pink lemonade HNS and a splash of tequila which i'm counting as a vegetable (Tequila: The major flavor distinction with 100% agave tequila is the base ingredient, which is more vegetal than grain spirits (and often more complex). seriously, these are my in laws and it's going to be red wine (fruit), mimosas (w/ orange HNS) or my specialty Margarita mix...
  • Quote: i was thinking about trying the Vanilla pudding HNS but i'm out..i have strawberry, cocomint, chocolate....i do have vanilla protein powder....w/ the pumpkin, may not make a difference. i was thinking the pumpkin would be like squash and count as a veggie...it's pure pumpkin not the pie filling...

when i make it according to the recipe, it's 50 cal per serving.. i could chase the dogs around the yard and burn that off For Thanksgiving, i'm planning on just keeping the calories at 1,000 to 1,200 for the day not really being on plan...well, maybe i am..dinner will be turkey, broccoli, cranberry/orange salad, cornbread stuffing (starch)...dessert, if i make w/ HNs could be a creamy HNS for the day! it's supposed to be high 70's so how about sugar free margarita mix w/ my pink lemonade HNS and a splash of tequila which i'm counting as a vegetable (Tequila: The major flavor distinction with 100% agave tequila is the base ingredient, which is more vegetal than grain spirits (and often more complex). seriously, these are my in laws and it's going to be red wine (fruit), mimosas (w/ orange HNS) or my specialty Margarita mix...
    High 70s - holy crap! Where I live its supposed to be in the 40s and major wind. That's exciting at the beach, but getting there can be dicy with trees down etc. That will just add to the fun.

I have to tell the truth: Im not going to be on plan on thanksgiving. Not in the least. Im going to load up on the veggies (brussels sprouts, braised fennel, celery root puree) skip the mashed potatoes, yams, dressing and gravy. I will make cranberry relish with Splenda (no one can tell). Im going to enjoy the wine and be moderate on the pie. There will be pecan and pumpkin. I'll only have pumpkin and not eat the crust. I'm going to try to get everyone out for a beach walk between the main event and dessert, and then the next day, I'm dropping out the carbs and getting back on plan. turkey/veggies, turkey/veggies, turkey/veggies. Also taking a long walk. Im not at all worried about Thanksgiving Day itself - its just a day. I am worried about having leftovers that linger for several days. The whole weekend will have a party vibe and I cant get sucked up in it for multiple days or I really will gain. I just want to maintain. That's my plan.
  • Quote: High 70s - holy crap! Where I live its supposed to be in the 40s and major wind. That's exciting at the beach, but getting there can be dicy with trees down etc. That will just add to the fun.

I have to tell the truth: Im not going to be on plan on thanksgiving. Not in the least. Im going to load up on the veggies (brussels sprouts, braised fennel, celery root puree) skip the mashed potatoes, yams, dressing and gravy. I will make cranberry relish with Splenda (no one can tell). Im going to enjoy the wine and be moderate on the pie. There will be pecan and pumpkin. I'll only have pumpkin and not eat the crust. I'm going to try to get everyone out for a beach walk between the main event and dessert, and then the next day, I'm dropping out the carbs and getting back on plan. turkey/veggies, turkey/veggies, turkey/veggies. Also taking a long walk. Im not at all worried about Thanksgiving Day itself - its just a day. I am worried about having leftovers that linger for several days. The whole weekend will have a party vibe and I cant get sucked up in it for multiple days or I really will gain. I just want to maintain. That's my plan.
    me too!!! i was feeling guilty and was like hmmm...maybe i should be on plan after all.... i forgot about the sweet potato casserole (my favorite) we're having and to be honest, it's a broccoli casserole from Publix. i ordered the cranberry orange relish but they are out of it...but am going to attempt to make it w/ cranberries, oranges and splenda. what is your recipe? i've never made it. the brussel sprout dish sounds great! i love root veggies too. it's a big joke in my family that my mom would use that canned cranberry that had dents in it from the can and slice it! LOL
    steamed shrimp and i'm making a veggie tray for apps. it was 80 today, crazy SC weather! but my DH tells me it's dropping to 68 Thurs. which actually is good becuz i pout when i have to be inside on a nice hot day. i'm packing my beach chair anyway to sit outside on their driveway while the turkeys are frying. (i really do hate being indoors!) i love going to the beach in the winter...we camped in Jan. and had to brush the ice off our bikes to ride them! piled the dogs in the bed to keep us warm and cranked up the electric blanket. weather just makes vacations more interesting! hmmm...i'm now thinking of a nice Chilean red wine...
  • Quote: High 70s - holy crap! Where I live its supposed to be in the 40s and major wind. That's exciting at the beach, but getting there can be dicy with trees down etc. That will just add to the fun.

speaking of recipes, i've always made sweet potato casserole w/ spray butter, and sugar free maple syrup and cinnamon (no sugar)
  • Ok: the very gourmet cranberry relish recipe: chop together in food processor: one bag of cranberries, one quartered orange (peel and all, just no seeds) optional chopped walnuts, Splenda to taste - I would start with 1/2 cup maybe. I know that the original calls for tons of sugar and I like it more tart. That's it! It was on the OceanSpray bag for years. My dad, who could barely boil water, used to make this huge exaggerated deal out of the fact that he "slaved" over it. He has been gone 3 years and I miss him everyday. The cranberry relish is one of my best memories of him. I will make it forever.

Oh- almost forgot to add: lost 2 pounds today! That's 5 so far this month. If I can maintain over this holiday, I can make my modest November goal of 6 pounds.
  • Quote: Ok: the very gourmet cranberry relish recipe: chop together in food processor: one bag of cranberries, one quartered orange (peel and all, just no seeds) optional chopped walnuts, Splenda to taste - I would start with 1/2 cup maybe. I know that the original calls for tons of sugar and I like it more tart. That's it! It was on the OceanSpray bag for years. My dad, who could barely boil water, used to make this huge exaggerated deal out of the fact that he "slaved" over it. He has been gone 3 years and I miss him everyday. The cranberry relish is one of my best memories of him. I will make it forever.

Oh- almost forgot to add: lost 2 pounds today! That's 5 so far this month. If I can maintain over this holiday, I can make my modest November goal of 6 pounds.
    Are you freaking kidding me??? you forgot to add you lost 2 pounds!!! OMG, dang, you are putting the pressure on me now, girl!!! congratulations!! i did lose the two pounds that i gained from the oyster roast last weekend - free beer and i hadn't the willpower to turn it down so that's good news but still at 177. the recipe sounds perfect, didn't know about the orange rind. i saw a recipe online and was going to add splenda instead of sugar. thks for sending recipe so i don't have to guess at it and screw up.
    my mom passed away 2 yrs ago and i miss her every day too. i used to call her all the time and ask her how to cook something..one time i made deviled eggs and they kept falling over so i called her (she told me i cut them wrong -vertical not horiz)LOL! she instructed me over phone how to cook a turkey..take out BAG! anyway, i cooked upside down and couldn't find the stuffing - it pretty much fell out. she was my mentor and best friend..and funny as h***. she says exactly what she thinks without thinking about it first....just like me! i married a Chef, thank God! when i try to cook something, he always walks in the kitchen and says what's burning. that's why he bought me a crockpot...prob. safer...
  • Quote: Are you freaking kidding me??? you forgot to add you lost 2 pounds!!! OMG, dang, you are putting the pressure on me now, girl!!! congratulations!! i did lose the two pounds that i gained from the oyster roast last weekend - free beer and i hadn't the willpower to turn it down so that's good news but still at 177. the recipe sounds perfect, didn't know about the orange rind. i saw a recipe online and was going to add splenda instead of sugar. thks for sending recipe so i don't have to guess at it and screw up.
    my mom passed away 2 yrs ago and i miss her every day too. i used to call her all the time and ask her how to cook something..one time i made deviled eggs and they kept falling over so i called her (she told me i cut them wrong -vertical not horiz)LOL! she instructed me over phone how to cook a turkey..take out BAG! anyway, i cooked upside down and couldn't find the stuffing - it pretty much fell out. she was my mentor and best friend..and funny as h***. she says exactly what she thinks without thinking about it first....just like me! i married a Chef, thank God! when i try to cook something, he always walks in the kitchen and says what's burning. that's why he bought me a crockpot...prob. safer...
    i like tart too! have a prob. w/ all this FF stuff that is so sweet...
  • Hilarious about the eggs!!! Holidays sure bring up stuff, don't they? Hope everyone reading appreciates the people around their tables this year. Even in-laws.
  • Quote: Hilarious about the eggs!!! Holidays sure bring up stuff, don't they? Hope everyone reading appreciates the people around their tables this year. Even in-laws.
    we just bought a bushel of oysters and shrimp from the seafood mkt... for 5 people!! i think we are going to be too full for turkey!! The cranberry orange relish came out great. i did burn my hand trying to bake the crust for the pumpkin fluff pie :-( and my left hand but figured some wine would take away the pain! looked at the ingredients of the FF SF vanilla pudding and it's 25 cal., 0 fat, 0 fiber, 0 sugar (4 servings) the canned pumpkin is 1/2 cup 50 cal., 0 fat, 11 carb, fiber 3 g, sugar 4g, protein 2g

i think i'll be ok w/ the pumpkin fluff - without the crust, it's almost a veggie and HNS! :-)