3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Egg Allergies? HELP Breakfast please. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/228022-egg-allergies-help-breakfast-please.html)

nvrfatagn 03-14-2011 03:46 PM

Egg Allergies? HELP Breakfast please.

I can not eggs so it limits my breakfast options. Can anyone help me. I am on the green menu so I am eating things like;

Opt1 - 1/4 c. oatmeal (starch) 2 oz. cheese (Protein)
Opt2 - Protein shake meal replacement (w/ skim milk)
*Need to order the right shakes to cut the skim milk too.
Opt3- cottage cheese and melba toast

Any other suggestions would be great this is really limiting me and I feel like I am burning out.

I am new to this board so please message me..

Razorbackbritt 03-14-2011 04:01 PM

Well, even if you just have cheese, be sure to give yourself 4 ounces.

You can have things like bison and turkey at breakfast. I LOVE a bison steak for breakfast, and I made some homemade turkey breakfast sausage a few times that is really good. You could also maybe do a meal bar a few times a week to break it up.

I also make cheese quesadillas or grilled cheeses for breakfast a lot.

There are other options without the eggs.

Junie04 03-14-2011 04:44 PM

I think she was correct with just 2 ounces of cheese, unless it's cottage cheese.

Razorbackbritt 03-14-2011 06:30 PM

Really? I could swear my sheet says 4 ounces. One day, I commented to my counselor about how much cheese 4 ounces is in the mornings...about my overflowing quesadilla and she didn't say anything. I'll have to check on that. If it is 2, eating 4 a couple times a week hasn't really hurt me much. ha!

teacherlady79 03-14-2011 06:35 PM

Yeah, I just looked at the menu. It's 2 oz hard cheese OR 4 oz cottage cheese.

I agree with razorbackbritt--bison or other proteins are fine in the morning, too. It's just important that you get some sort of protein every morning. Every study I've read shows that--for some reason--eating protein for breakfast ramps our metabolism and kicks our bodies into fat-burning mode for the rest of the day. And, it keeps you feeling satiated until lunch (as opposed to when I used to have cereal or a bagel every morning and then be hungry again by 10:30am).

rn5192008 03-14-2011 07:53 PM

Breakfast

It depends on your menu how much cheese you can have. I'm on 3 meal plan plus so I can have 3 ozs. of cheese and 6 ozs. of cottage cheese.

momoffour 03-14-2011 09:18 PM

I like to prepare a vanilla pudding packet and blend it smooth with the cottage cheese (you could add flavored extracts to change the flavior like cherry, orange, lemon, vanilla, etc) with melba toast.

Mariah

Joy2MeNu 03-15-2011 08:47 AM

You know, I have never done this, but I would imagine some turkey sausage might work in the morning. In fact, wish I had some right now. Maybe not all turkey sausage, might have to do a little investigating.

Here is the jenny-o link:
http://www.jennieo.com/products/Brea...s/default.aspx

Or what about a piece of Boar's Head Low Sodium chicken or turkey (easy and wonderful) and great for on-plan -- especially in a rush -- as I ALWAYS am! This has saved me SOOOOOOOOOOO many times! A piece of this with some raspberries and I am so content! I know not all groceries have this, but if you can find it, it's worth it.

Golden Catering Style Oven Roasted Turkey Breast 47% Lower Sodium
Golden ClassicŪ Oven Roasted Chicken Breast 42% Lower Sodium

http://www.boarshead.com/digicatessen.php

nvrfatagn 03-15-2011 10:45 AM

Thanks for all the help, Life would be easier on this if I can eat egg whites? This is how every diet in the past has worked for me and I get frustrated easily. I appreciate all the help.

Joy2MeNu 03-15-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvrfatagn (Post 3759227)
Thanks for all the help, Life would be easier on this if I can eat egg whites? This is how every diet in the past has worked for me and I get frustrated easily. I appreciate all the help.

You are doing great. You are finding ways around the obstacles, so that shows your dedication. There are always alternatives -- there may not be lots of alternatives, but if you can just find one that you like, it will work much of the time. I know for me, when I first began, breakfast was almost always the same every morning (cottage cheese and melba, + hns). That was partially because I just didn't have time to be creative. Of course, after I was in the game for a few days, I really enjoyed having an occasional meal replacement bar at breakfast with my coffee. The Bariwise bars are just incredible. However, for me they ended up being a trigger and I just had to quit having them in my reach. However, if you can control yourself around them, oh my gosh they are perfect. As I recall, you can have a limited number of these per week (3 times), and no creamy on the day you consume a bar.

JenB72 03-15-2011 11:18 AM

I also don't eat eggs. Not allergic, just don't like them. For my starch, I'll do cinnamon toast. I think it's in the cookbook. Toasted LC Bread, spray butter, sweetner, & cinnamon. So good! It's like getting a desert for breakfast.

rn5192008 03-15-2011 11:35 AM

Have u asked your center about just eating egg whites? I just called mine and I was told that you can just have egg whites just increase the amount according to your plan. So it might be something to look into.

Joy2MeNu 03-15-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rn5192008 (Post 3759336)
Have u asked your center about just eating egg whites? I just called mine and I was told that you can just have egg whites just increase the amount according to your plan. So it might be something to look into.

Yes, I agree. I bet if you can tolerate the egg whites, it will most likely work OP. You should definitely check with MRC. If you are not an active client of MRC, and you have access to facebook, go to the MRC facebook page and ask the question. --Joy2UnMe

teacherlady79 03-15-2011 01:36 PM

Yes, egg whites are listed on the menu. I think it's 3 egg whites for one serving.

born2btxgrl 03-15-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momoffour (Post 3758476)
I like to prepare a vanilla pudding packet and blend it smooth with the cottage cheese (you could add flavored extracts to change the flavior like cherry, orange, lemon, vanilla, etc) with melba toast.

Mariah

This is a good one - I made the strawberries and creme one day for lunch (cottage cheese & vanilla creme), it was spectacular! I put mine in the food processor and it made the mix exactly cream cheese texture like.