Hard to Stay OP while sick???

• Soooo....I'm sick with a cold, I have a slight fever (99.7), absolutely NO appetite, and because of the fever I just feel really woozy...like standing makes my head spin. On top of that I'm PMSing like crazy, and am extremely bloated.

Does anyone know any quick and easy recipes that i can make without putting a lot of effort into them? And something that will be good to my tummy...as I don't have any appetite and the thought of eating anything makes me nauseous.
  • Quote: Soooo....I'm sick with a cold, I have a slight fever (99.7), absolutely NO appetite, and because of the fever I just feel really woozy...like standing makes my head spin. On top of that I'm PMSing like crazy, and am extremely bloated.

Does anyone know any quick and easy recipes that i can make without putting a lot of effort into them? And something that will be good to my tummy...as I don't have any appetite and the thought of eating anything makes me nauseous.
    When you're sick, do whatever you have to do to get well, then worry about the diet plan. When I had a stomach bug, I ate saltines, bananas, and 7up for about 2-3 days.

I have a chicken & shirataki noodle soup recipe that I came up with and posted in the recipe thread. Basically, it's veggies, chicken, water, and chicken boullion supp, then add the noodles (or don't, you don't have to have them).

Take care of YOU, otherwise this will drag on forever.
  • Teacherlady- You are right...I'm really trying not to deviate from the plan, but I feel horrible and all I want is carby goodness lol...I don't think I'm going to go that far and eat like crazy, but I might just eat some of my comfort foods until I'm better...
  • I made a slow cooker soup last time I was sick. Chicken breasts, some herbs (lots of herbs actually), celery and green onions and some water in the crockpot. On high, it just took a couple hours. When it was done, I scooped out a bowl and added one chicken boullion supplment to my bowl. It was soothing and OP.
  • Quote: I made a slow cooker soup last time I was sick. Chicken breasts, some herbs (lots of herbs actually), celery and green onions and some water in the crockpot. On high, it just took a couple hours. When it was done, I scooped out a bowl and added one chicken boullion supplment to my bowl. It was soothing and OP.
    Sounds good, thanks
  • Quote: Soooo....I'm sick with a cold, I have a slight fever (99.7), absolutely NO appetite, and because of the fever I just feel really woozy...like standing makes my head spin. On top of that I'm PMSing like crazy, and am extremely bloated.

I always keep the protein jello around. That with some cottage cheese is my staple. Or maybe regular sugar free jello if you don't have the kind with protein?
  • Quote: I always keep the protein jello around. That with some cottage cheese is my staple. Or maybe regular sugar free jello if you don't have the kind with protein?
    That actually sounds pretty good...especially when my tummy is acting up..Thanks!
  • I throw chicken and broccoli in the crockpot for a few hours, when it is done I add the cream of chicken supplement and make almost a broccoli chesse soup. I guess you could use chesse instead of the chicken if it is for lunch!

Hope you feel better soon!
  • I hope you start feeling better Milasmommy!
  • Thank you Karla and Nicole! I am slowly starting to feel better...hopefully by tomorrow I will feel good enough to start back OP 100%...thanks for those recipes, I tried a couple of them and they were delicious and comforting!
  • I was dealing with the same thing the last couple of days. All I wanted was a PB&J sandwich haha. Normally when I am sick I just want stuff like mashed potatoes and breadsticks. Was rough, but I got through it.