3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   January Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/220876-january-thread.html)

Sherral 01-03-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 3630666)
I stayed with a group of friends this New Years weekend out of state. I packed food for myself so that I wouldn't have an excuse to eat out of control. And boy was I glad I didn't have room for excuses! The spread was amazing! It was particularly difficult since I have only just started (yellow menu!). I got through it and have my very first official weigh-in today. I'm so proud of myself for following the diet in that tough situation, and my husband even mentioned off the cuff that he was "extremely impressed by" and "proud of" my willpower. Woohoo!

Great job girl! :carrot:

hteep123 01-03-2011 03:02 PM

I weighed in this morning and I'm down .5 lbs. I talked to them about my little snack at night the past couple of nights and they said I can pull in another HNS and I probably need to cut back on the exercise a little. Now what diet/lifestyle change tells you that? LOL!

To be honest, school started back up again today so its a bit of a relief to not have to try to fit as much exercise in my schedule right this moment.

Razorbackbritt 01-03-2011 03:06 PM

So today I did a bit of shopping to spend my Christmas money. I went to a boutique in town I love. I have only ever been able to buy accessories and shoes there as the clothes ahve been too small. Well, today I bought a coat there that fit! And it was on clearance! A $132 coat for $44! And it fits!!!

Perk of weight loss I wasn't expecting: being able to fit into boutique clothes.

Picture on my blog here: (*i couldn't attach it for some reason) http://razorbackbritt.blogspot.com/2...mas-money.html

I am still at 29 pounds lost, but I'm kicking my butt into gear, eating OP and working out this week...hoping to sign that 30 pound board soon!

Glammy 01-03-2011 04:45 PM

Today is my 5th week on program and I am .5lbs away from getting my 20lb stone (darn I coulda peed that .5 out LOL). So that's 19.5lbs in 5 weeks, ahhh! I SOOOOOO hope I can get another 19.5 out in the next 5 weeks.

EVEN bigger of a motivator I am 1.5lbs from breaking the 200 mark. I have not been under 200lbs in FIVE (almost 6 years) so this is a HUGE HUGE HUGE motivator for me. I am going to be one happy girl when that scale says 199 or lower, let me tell ya!!

I also lost 14 inches since Dec. 13 (I hate that they total the inches up because right off the bat you think "13 inches off your waist" but unfortunately since they total all the inches from the various places they measure (thighs, arms, tummy, bust etc) it makes me feel like it's more than it really is.

AND I got bumped down to the green menu...THANK GOD because I am SO fed up with eating 6 oz of meat at ONE setting. (I wouldn't even eat that much chicken or turkey off of this diet, just way too much for me).

So I have lots to look foward to. So my ???? is.....is it unrealistic to think I can lose another 19(20) lbs in these next 5 weeks, or was this first 20lbs lost just because of the beginning of the program>????
Thoughts????

teacherlady79 01-03-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glammy (Post 3631136)
Today is my 5th week on program and I am .5lbs away from getting my 20lb stone (darn I coulda peed that .5 out LOL). So that's 19.5lbs in 5 weeks, ahhh! I SOOOOOO hope I can get another 19.5 out in the next 5 weeks.

EVEN bigger of a motivator I am 1.5lbs from breaking the 200 mark. I have not been under 200lbs in FIVE (almost 6 years) so this is a HUGE HUGE HUGE motivator for me. I am going to be one happy girl when that scale says 199 or lower, let me tell ya!!

I also lost 14 inches since Dec. 13 (I hate that they total the inches up because right off the bat you think "13 inches off your waist" but unfortunately since they total all the inches from the various places they measure (thighs, arms, tummy, bust etc) it makes me feel like it's more than it really is.

AND I got bumped down to the green menu...THANK GOD because I am SO fed up with eating 6 oz of meat at ONE setting. (I wouldn't even eat that much chicken or turkey off of this diet, just way too much for me).

So I have lots to look foward to. So my ???? is.....is it unrealistic to think I can lose another 19(20) lbs in these next 5 weeks, or was this first 20lbs lost just because of the beginning of the program>????
Thoughts????

Congrats! Almost 20lbs in 5 weeks is amazing! :D

I would almost have to say that it is unrealistic to lose another 20lbs in 5 more weeks--and borderline unhealthy. That's averaging out to 4lbs a week, which is almost too much. Part of the reason that you lost so much right away was because of "water weight." We all started out a little dehydrated, and increasing your water intake in the beginning causes big changes right away. My guess is that you'll probably slow to about 2lbs or so a week--which is nothing to sneeze at! If you're body decides to continue dropping the weight rapidly on the green menu, then great! I just wouldn't be surprised if it slows a little.

Glammy 01-03-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3631165)
Congrats! Almost 20lbs in 5 weeks is amazing! :D

I would almost have to say that it is unrealistic to lose another 20lbs in 5 more weeks--and borderline unhealthy. That's averaging out to 4lbs a week, which is almost too much. Part of the reason that you lost so much right away was because of "water weight." We all started out a little dehydrated, and increasing your water intake in the beginning causes big changes right away. My guess is that you'll probably slow to about 2lbs or so a week--which is nothing to sneeze at! If you're body decides to continue dropping the weight rapidly on the green menu, then great! I just wouldn't be surprised if it slows a little.

But don't they tell you 2.5-5lbs a week? I hope it contunies, I am working hard at it. So I totally saw this show on MTV Called "I use to be fat" this girl lost like 90lbs in FOUR months. That came out to like 6 lbs a week and she looked totally transformed. Anyways, I'm 100% dedicated and hope that it's not too unrealistic to hope for. I've seen it happen in coworkers, just wonder if I can keep it up the same.. :carrot: Thanks for ur input teacherlady, I love your posts!

Sherral 01-03-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glammy (Post 3631185)
But don't they tell you 2.5-5lbs a week? I hope it contunies, I am working hard at it. So I totally saw this show on MTV Called "I use to be fat" this girl lost like 90lbs in FOUR months. That came out to like 6 lbs a week and she looked totally transformed. Anyways, I'm 100% dedicated and hope that it's not too unrealistic to hope for. I've seen it happen in coworkers, just wonder if I can keep it up the same.. :carrot: Thanks for ur input teacherlady, I love your posts!

Everyone is different. Hopefully you will continue to lose fast.. However, I was told 5 lbs is what Men can expect to lose, not women. So, just know, you are well on your way and you will get there.

jade1393 01-04-2011 07:37 AM

Proud of myself for yesterday. I ran in the morning, stayed completely OP, remembered my vitamins. The only thing I missed was some of my water. Missed one water bottle. Hoping to do the same today and get all my water in. I am going to try Muai Thai tonight for the first time. Doing this plan has really opened my eyes to what I might be able to do. I figured if I do workouts that are like training I will look at this menu like training too. I am training for a 5K in March. Doing Muai Thai is training as well to become an athlete. The menu is needed so I can do both. I think this is exactly what I needed. I go in tomorrow to face the music from the past two weeks. We will see how I did!

hteep123 01-04-2011 09:49 AM

@razorbackbritt - Congrats on the great shopping find. That jacket is super cute and I love how it highlights your waist. You look fantastic!

@Glammy - You are doing wonderful! Keep up the great work!

@jade - Oooh that sounds like so much fun! Really enjoy it. You sound like you have your mind made up that you are gonna make this YOUR YEAR!

I made the turkey sausage patties this morning. Oh man it was pretty good. The next time I will probably make it with less fennel and sage and add some garlic and onion powder. It was a fantastic change. I had my french toast with turkey sausage this morning!

Razorbackbritt 01-04-2011 10:39 AM

Did Wii Zumba yesterday...nice to work out at home. Today I am going to be cleaning house and hopefully will have time to Zumba again. Hoping and praying for the 30 pound board Thursday....

patzi 01-04-2011 07:38 PM

Hello...
I weighed in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds,a total of 19 pounds since beginning of September.n Should hit goal by end of month,I would think.

Hope y'all have a wonderful evening.

Patzi

teacherlady79 01-04-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 3633711)
Hello...
I weighed in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds,a total of 19 pounds since beginning of September.n Should hit goal by end of month,I would think.

Hope y'all have a wonderful evening.

Patzi

Patzi, that's wonderful! Keep it up!

I weighed in today, and I was down 1/2lb from last Tuesday. I usually prefer to see a bigger loss, but between my body adjusting from the previous week (when I lost 3.5 lbs) and my bday cake and evening snacking this last week, I'm fine with it.

Back into the swing of things, staying on plan from here on out! :)

jade1393 01-04-2011 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=hteep123;3632454]

@jade - Oooh that sounds like so much fun! Really enjoy it. You sound like you have your mind made up that you are gonna make this YOUR YEAR!QUOTE]

I am going to try! Muai Thai was so crazy! I had a blast though. Not sure if I can make it upstairs to go to bed haha.

struggling Nicole 01-04-2011 11:44 PM

After a crazy week hiking through the snow trying to find that big deer with my husband, I was so excited to come back and weigh in. My husband made me climb up a 90 degree, 60 foot cliff. It was a challenge! I didn't make it to the top, but neither did he. What a work out. I came home tonight with only a 2lb weight loss. A little disappointing, but I have now lost 20lbs. I signed the board and got my rock. I also got a piece of ribbon they measured out to be as long as the inches I have lost. What a great feeling. I guess I'll keep plugging along. It seems to be working!

hatethesweatpants 01-05-2011 08:12 AM

Great job on getting back into the swing of things, everyone! The pounds are coming off!

@strugglingnicole, 2lbs is AWESOME! Please try to give yourself credit! If you were doing a lot of hiking and exercise you're not used to, you are probably retaining some water in your muscles. The fact is, you burned a lot of fat and it will show up at some point.