3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   January Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/220876-january-thread.html)

Ready2Live 01-14-2011 11:01 PM

Well, I've been one week of detox and one week on plan and I have lost 12 lbs. That is freaking awesome..... My husband just suprised me with a trip for next weekend. It is already stressing me out how I will be away from home and still maintain my eating patterns. Any suggestions. I feel like an alcoholic that is being asked to bartend for a weekend. :)

evinsmom 01-15-2011 08:18 AM

I think that is my biggest stress as well, eating away from home. Talk to the people at the center, they can give you tips on how to eat out. Mine gave good suggestions...being the first to order...substitute foods on the menu...etc. You can eat out, remember, you are not depriving yourself, you are making healthy choices.

jade1393 01-15-2011 08:38 AM

YAY I have lost 4 more pounds! Totally excited!! Ready for a fun three day weekend. Was tempted to make pancakes this morning since my hubby and I are both off, but went ahead and stayed OP. Might be going out later with friends so I need to be prepared. On cloud nine today :D

hteep123 01-15-2011 09:16 AM

Congratulations to everyone who has seen some success! I am making some MRC sausage for me and the baby this morning. She actually slept in so I took some time and pulled out all my old bins of smaller clothes. I opened them up and found a lot of them should have gone to Goodwill. I did get one pair of jeans ALMOST on and they were 3 sizes smaller than what I am wearing now!

I figure in another 5 lbs I may be able to wear them again. I am really hoping to get into the 150's this week. Whatever is meant to be will be and I am going to keep working the program. I know it will come.

Happy Saturday to everyone!

evinsmom 01-15-2011 09:50 AM

Getting into those jeans will be a great feeling! I know I have a pair of jeans from YEARS ago that I have been saving for some odd reason. My new goal is to be able to get into those jeans and relive the good old days (with less indulgence, of course). Congrats!

hatethesweatpants 01-15-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struggling Nicole (Post 3653868)
I was wondering if you would share how many plateaus you have and how long they have lasted. I'm going on two weeks and am going CRAZY. I went into my center on Tuesday and just balled my eyes out. I'm am 100% on plan and just can't seem to get off this plateau. Just curious I guess. I'm waiting until next week to weigh in again. I think it would be better for my soul to not see a scale for a while.

Does/has everyone gained at some point in time (besides cheats)? Is gaining a half pound normal?

I had quite a few "plateaus" of a week or so. I just didn't ever lose in a linear way. It almost always was followed by a good loss the next week and my lbs/month was very similar every month. After I started doing more than 200 min of hard cardio/wk, I truly did plateau. I couldn't budge from 170. I was run down and exhausted with no energy. I watched it for a few weeks and finally told them that I was not going to quit exercising and that I wanted to try metabalance. I literally lost 4lbs before my next weigh in. I was starving my body. After that, I lost about 2lbs/week until I reached goal. Then, when I started stabilization (more calories), I saw another drop of 7lbs in 2 weeks. Our bodies are so weird - trust your gut. If something does not feel right, ask for help.

Razorbackbritt 01-15-2011 11:32 AM

Well, I'm back from out of town. I did great on the trip. When hubby munched on chips in the car, I sipped on a HNS. When we stopped for lunch, I made him do Subway coming and going so I could get a salad. And I did good at dinner and breakfast away from home. I'm proud of myself!

This weekend might be a bit challenging. My mother in law's birthday is tomorrow. That means a cookout lunch with the family tomorrow. But I packed a meal bar. I hate eating the meal bar when they have cooked lunch for us, but I want so desperately to be losing that I am NOT giving in to their food tomorrow. I'm doing this for me!

teacherlady79 01-15-2011 01:40 PM

Weighed in today, and I'm up 1lb since my weigh-in on Tuesday.

I'm not going to sweat it though. I had a big loss (4 lbs!) on Tuesday, and I almost always stay the same or gain a little right after big losses. Plus, I don't usually weigh in on Saturdays, or in the morning, so that might have affected it a little, too.

I'll just keep trucking along and see how it comes out on Tuesday this week. :)

razzledazzle 01-15-2011 05:19 PM

I am finally getting the hang of the program. Received my first stone on Friday.

Will I ever be able to have a small popcorn at the movies?

hatethesweatpants 01-15-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzledazzle (Post 3655425)
I am finally getting the hang of the program. Received my first stone on Friday.

Will I ever be able to have a small popcorn at the movies?

Just ate about 1/3 of a small popcorn at the movies today. Hang in there, eventually, you will (just not often!).

hteep123 01-15-2011 06:11 PM

What are these stones I hear everyone talking about? When I hit 10 lbs I got to sign the board, but I never heard anything about stones?

teacherlady79 01-15-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hteep123 (Post 3655485)
What are these stones I hear everyone talking about? When I hit 10 lbs I got to sign the board, but I never heard anything about stones?

I didn't get a stone or get to sign a board until I hit 30 lbs, but my center was under renovations when I hit 10 lbs, and they still didn't have any boards up when I hit 20lbs.

They give you stones to symbolize the "milestones" of 10, 20, 30, etc. lbs. At my center, it's a glass stone (similar to but a little larger than the ones put in vases/centerpieces) that they write the number of lbs on in permanent marker. I carried my 30 lb stone around in my pocket for 3 days, then set it on my desk at work, next to my computer, where it is now accompanied by my 40lb stone.

I thought about gluing magnets to the back and putting them on my fridge, but I never got around to it.

hteep123 01-16-2011 09:48 AM

Ahhh ok. Thanks teacherlady!

thinknthin 01-16-2011 10:41 AM

hteep123-The center in Savannah never gave me a stone. I always wrote on the board. Maybe you can get them to change.
Oh, I do like that center, though. I think that the give the needed encouragement and I think that they run some good specials.

theycallmemom 01-16-2011 06:25 PM

Took my first Yoga class today :D - and found out I am not very bendy! But I really enjoyed the class! Had a great day stying on plan too!! WOOHOO