Belly fat

• I went in for my weigh in and 2 month measurements today. I've lost 28 inches from my body. Of course my breast are getting smaller and smaller. (Nooooo) I've lost almost nothing from my fat stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even thought I've lost almost 20 pounds, I can still wear the same pants and skirts because my stomach is not budging.
  • My guess is it will be the next to go. I lost three inches off my waist between 166 and 156 pounds. Since then I have lost about 1/2 inch every 5 pounds.
  • Pilates is excellent for your abs.
  • It took my abdomen forever to shrink. Towards the end of my goal, I lost like 6" in one month. And yes, I am now in a size 10 (down from 18) with size 34A to show for it (down from 36C). A "small" price to pay! lol!
  • here is how i have typically lost....... 1. boobs 2. back and butt 3. finally tummy.

• Congratulation Hatethesweatpants.
  • After two c-sections and a hysterectomy, I'm wondering if I'll ever lose the belly fat. I am losing around the belly button area, but anything lower is still hideously there. I'm amazed to look down and see it just jiggling about. The kids love it (10 &14) but to me it's worse than my cellulite behind. I can't see that :P But I'm determined to get it gone and tell it so every day.
  • I hate to push their products, but I only lost .5 in my stomach last month..but after I started taking Cortitrim, I am down a pants size. I haven't been measured this month, but its got to be a couple inches.

They suggest 2 Cortitrims with each meal, and I just take 1 (I hate the thought of taking so many pills), but even taking 1/2 suggested dosage, I am seeing a difference.

But I also do an abs class once a week as well. Look on youtube for ab workout videos, there are tons of free ones there to try.
  • I don't get it...I've lost 20 pounds on the plan, and the size of my boobs hasn't budged...literally, not AT ALL, nothing...what gives?!
  • Quote: I went in for my weigh in and 2 month measurements today. I've lost 28 inches from my body. Of course my breast are getting smaller and smaller. (Nooooo) I've lost almost nothing from my fat stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even thought I've lost almost 20 pounds, I can still wear the same pants and skirts because my stomach is not budging.
    I feel your pain. I've lost about 35 lbs but that dang belly fat is still holding on. I've got another 15 to go so I'm hoping it will ALL be from my gut! The past couple of days I've tried adding a couple of 30 second planks after my treadmill walk and I can feel my abs working so maybe that will help some too. Good luck - hope you have success!
  • Same problem here. I lost 40 pounds before MRC, 25 with MRC and have 5 to go. But...I still have a muffin top and a belly. And the strange thing is I didn't have a muffin top before losing weight. I exercise a lot (cardio and strength training and core exercises) but nothing has helped. I am going to try Pilates.
  • Just passing along something one of my MRC counselors suggested to me to get the core under control. I have yet to prove it, but I imagine it will be incredibly helpful. Sorry I cannot give my personal endorsement, as I have not started to put this to use yet!

She suggested the Bosu Ball (a balance HALF ball). Anything you do, no matter how simple, requires you work to keep your balance, therefore firming in the process.

I purchased mine at Dick's Sporting Goods.

here is a video on youtube to demonstrate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mcHyfFvQI

there are many other demos as well on youtube.

All the best!
  • Quote: Just passing along something one of my MRC counselors suggested to me to get the core under control. I have yet to prove it, but I imagine it will be incredibly helpful. Sorry I cannot give my personal endorsement, as I have not started to put this to use yet!

She suggested the Bosu Ball (a balance HALF ball). Anything you do, no matter how simple, requires you work to keep your balance, therefore firming in the process.

All the best!
    Ha! I should put this in front of my kitchen sink. I feel like I spend all of my spare time doing dishes--I might as well get some exercise at the same time.
  • Quote: Ha! I should put this in front of my kitchen sink. I feel like I spend all of my spare time doing dishes--I might as well get some exercise at the same time.
    Teacherlady79, Let me know how that works out. Maybe I can approach it that way too! haha