Turkey variations

• Does anyone know if those turkey brats (next to the ground turkey) or turkey bacon is allowed? I'm craving a BLT and I thought if the turkey bacon is a go then I'd be one happy camper.
  • I don't know for sure, but I'd bet not due to the high sodium content. I was told to avoid club soda because of sodium and bacon's sodium is much higher.
  • I asked and was told NO! Sorry!
  • I have made my own fake turkey sausage before (kinda like breakfast sausage). Just take the ground turkey and add spices (I use fennel, red pepper flakes, sage, rosemary, and garlic)...and it takes really sausagey without the salt. You are allowed to eat that!

I like it for breakfast!
  • Thanks, I knew bacon was probably out of the question..lol. I bet with a little bit of hickory smoke added to a thin turkey burger may just make the same taste effect without the crunch of bacon. I'll have to try it out.
  • Another suggestion...find no-sodium lunch meat (I know they have some at Sam's and at the health food store)....

And fry it like you would bacon. It should get crispy and give you that same crunch. I used to fry chicken lunch meat when dieting for a crunch on sandwhiches.