3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Feeling guilty..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/214256-feeling-guilty.html)

tanchita00 10-07-2010 07:54 AM

Feeling guilty.....

I started day 5 yesterday of blue menu. I did really good staying OP until dinner time when DH bought some pizza. I of course, wasn't prepared, didn't resist and ate some. I am up 2 lbs this morning and feel terrible about it! I have been at a plateau prior to starting diet and was so happy when I beat it but now I'm back at my plateau wgt. I know the answer is just get back OP but I guess I just needed to vent my guilt. Thanks!

dewdrop1970 10-07-2010 08:21 AM

You are taking the right steps to vent here about your guilt~we all understand :hug: Take one day at a time and pick up where you left off. Forgive yourself and move on.

Tell yourself that you can do this, because YOU CAN! :hug:

Nicmom24 10-07-2010 08:32 AM

You couldn't possibly gain 2 lbs of real weight overnight. Pizza is full of sodium so it's likely just water weight from the extra salt. Drink lots of water and I'll bet you'll be back down in no time.

teacherlady79 10-07-2010 09:36 AM

I agree with Nicmom.

I was up 1/2lb after my anniversary weekend, and my consultant told me that it was more likely I was retaining water than anything else.

While I did go off plan last weekend, I didn't go on a crazy binge--but we were eating out which = more sodium and therefore more water retention. And, I will admit that I wasn't drinking enough water that weekend, either.

Drink more water even than you usually do, stay on-plan, and it will balance out.

Joy2MeNu 10-11-2010 10:06 AM

Not until you push yourself to the limit and then past that, will you begin to realize "exactly what" you are capable of handling physically & mentally. Yes it's scary, hard, & exhausting. But, when you challenge yourself & strive to work harder than you ever have at the beginning of each day, when you finally stop to ....rest, you'll be more positive than anxious about your future!

ladystarrider 10-11-2010 06:36 PM

Blue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanchita00 (Post 3512006)
I started day 5 yesterday of blue menu. I did really good staying OP until dinner time when DH bought some pizza. I of course, wasn't prepared, didn't resist and ate some. I am up 2 lbs this morning and feel terrible about it! I have been at a plateau prior to starting diet and was so happy when I beat it but now I'm back at my plateau wgt. I know the answer is just get back OP but I guess I just needed to vent my guilt. Thanks!

Can you please tell me what is on the blue menu? I've never seen it! I have the beige and the green, and my consultant told me I'd be on green until the end! Don't fret, it is probably just water weight from the salt. I don't think two pieces of pizza would cause you to gain two pounds of fat!

nikkablue 10-12-2010 08:44 AM

Don't feel ad I slipped this weekend too. I had not got a chance to eat all day sunday since I was putting in a retaining wall. By dinner time I was about to pass out and ended up at Old Chicago.

Joy2MeNu 10-12-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkablue (Post 3518280)
Don't feel ad I slipped this weekend too. I had not got a chance to eat all day sunday since I was putting in a retaining wall. By dinner time I was about to pass out and ended up at Old Chicago.

oh baby, hope you are okay! hydrate and eat and lose!

nikkablue 10-12-2010 01:22 PM

I'm okay. I was hydrating but we were stuck at this house all day and I had not brought lunch or dinner with me since I didn't think we had that much left to do. But we were working so hard that I pretty much burned up all the cals that I had eaten at breakfast that morning, so by the end of the day I was gassed out and wasn't feeling well. My boyfriend made the executive descision that I needed something more substantial to eat. So he took me there instead of home.

I was back OP the very next day though so no worries I'm still losing and I go in for another WI today.

hatethesweatpants 10-13-2010 08:13 AM

Good for you, nikkablue, for getting right back on track. Not many people can do that! I had a little red flag when you said that your boyfriend made an "executive decision" about what you were going to eat. I understand that if you have low blood sugar, you may not feel up to making a decision, but please try to remember that you are responsible for your diet, no one else (I speak from experience lol!). A delicious grilled chicken salad or steamed salmon and veggies IS substantial and a lot healthier (way less sodium and all of that other junk). Anyway, you're awesome and will be dipping into one-derland soon!

Helen ready to lose 10-17-2010 10:11 AM

Please don't feel guilty; love yourself and try again. There are always going to be ups and downs. I don't know abything about the blue menu hopefully it is similar to the other menus. One thing that helps me is being prepared. I keep tortillas on hand as pizza is one of my favorite foods. It is NOT as good as the real thing but you can use a tortilla to make a pizza with cheese, veggies, protien. Also, ask your DH to help you out. Pizza is the one food I ask my husband not to eat infront of me. He either goes out to get some or has it when I am not home.