New!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just started the pre-conditioning on wednesday (4 and a half days ago) and am getting a little blah on grilled chicken and cheese toast lol
    Any suggestions on spicing up the menu a bit?
    I go for my first weigh in tomorrow.. I so hope I lost a lot of weight like I have read that you all have. I can't belive some of you have lost so much weight so fast! That's amazing! Also extremely encouraging... I have my fingers crossed for 2-5 lbs down tomorrow so we'll see...
    Any suggestions for me would be much appreciated. My husband and I joined together so I'm hoping that with his help and all of you, I will finally get this weight off!!!
    Thanks!
  • Use the approved condiments maybe? I put a dab of the dijonnaise on my chicken the other day and that helped. I'm on day 3 of the Metaslim (yellow) the first menu I got after preconditioning and it's even more limited than preconditioning but it's only 4 days. You may start on something different. I'm really tired of cheese and chicken too. Anyone with more experience have some good ideas?
  • I like to cover chicken breasts with mustard and some italian seasonings and then I bake it for 30 minutes and eat it with extra mustard, makes it hardly taste like chicken. When you move onto the green menu, you'll have lots of other protein options as well.

Cottage cheese is my daily breakfast staple, I never seem to get tired of it.
  • One of my favorites for breakfast is "French toast". I beat my 2 eggs in a bowl, add cinammon and splenda and stir. Then you place your 40 calorie bread in the bowl and wet both sides of the bread, then pour it all in a pan. There will be extra egg mixture, just pour it on top. There's your complete breakfast. Add your HNS of course.

Or, do a scrambled egg with 1 oz. cheese. Yum!
  • I find using different types of cheese helps. I love jalapeno cheese or swiss instead of cheddar.
  • French Toast, what a great idea. I had not thought of that, I am going to have to try that one for breakfast tomorrow.
  • More ideas!
    Also see if you can find the high fiber low carb tortillas, they're a smaller size and are 50 calories and are super tasty with a smoked cheddar and microwaved for 30 seconds to make a little quesadilla.

For chicken, when i'm REALLY super bored, I buy the premarinated chicken from Trader Joes. They have like 5 kinds and 4 of them are outrageous with their sodium levels, but one isn't so bad. So on those days I drink an extra 20 oz of water and have the tastiest chicken.. it's a treat.

For alternative starches, we're allowed to have sweet potato. Trader Joes sells precut jullianed sweet potatoes in the produce section in a bag, they have NOTHING on them. You toss with a little olive oil and I like curry powder and pepper and bake in the oven for baked sweet potato fries, I also make these when I'm bored and need a treat.

Also for starches, we're allowed brown rice and quinoa so we have a jar next to the stove with all sorts of brown rices, black rice and quinoa and we'll cook it with some salt free seasonings and sometimes toss in some frozen peas. Then you just measure out 1/4 cup of it cooked and you get a tasty combo that's not a single food
  • Garlic, sea salt, white fish(Pompano or snapper), PAM, some Italian spices, cook in pan 4 minutes on each side and at the last minute squirt some lime juice! I am not bored yet!
  • Pour through the RECIPE THREAD. Many ideas there.
  • Quote: Garlic, sea salt, white fish(Pompano or snapper), PAM, some Italian spices, cook in pan 4 minutes on each side and at the last minute squirt some lime juice! I am not bored yet!
    Oooh, that sounds yummy! Now I know what's for dinner. But that means something else for hubs and kids. They won't touch it.

The center said, "This plan won't require a separate meal for you and your family" Yeah, right.
  • I have been doing a lettuce wrap with romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, some garlic, ground turkey breast, green onions, and some basalmic/oil dressing. Use the large leaf uncut and wrap a couple pieces of lettuce around the spinach and turkey meat.

For a quick breakfast, I poach the egg or hard boil them and slice on toast with cheese (the sargento chipotle chedder is 1 oz and yummy)
  • Quote: I have been doing a lettuce wrap with romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, some garlic, ground turkey breast, green onions, and some basalmic/oil dressing. Use the large leaf uncut and wrap a couple pieces of lettuce around the spinach and turkey meat.

For a quick breakfast, I poach the egg or hard boil them and slice on toast with cheese (the sargento chipotle chedder is 1 oz and yummy)
    Egg and cheese together is allowed? I thought it was one or the other.
  • Quote: Egg and cheese together is allowed? I thought it was one or the other.
    On meta-slim, you can use both. Beige menu is 1 egg/2oz cheese. Green menu is 1 egg/1oz cheese.
  • Quote: More ideas!

For alternative starches, we're allowed to have sweet potato. Trader Joes sells precut jullianed sweet potatoes in the produce section in a bag, they have NOTHING on them. You toss with a little olive oil and I like curry powder and pepper and bake in the oven for baked sweet potato fries, I also make these when I'm bored and need a treat.

Also for starches, we're allowed brown rice and quinoa so we have a jar next to the stove with all sorts of brown rices, black rice and quinoa and we'll cook it with some salt free seasonings and sometimes toss in some frozen peas. Then you just measure out 1/4 cup of it cooked and you get a tasty combo that's not a single food
    I've been away from this forum for a couple of weeks due to having rotator cuff surgery on the 15th (couldn't get my arm up high enough to type)! I've been reading all the posts I've missed, and when I came to this my radar kicked in big time. What menu are you on? I'm still doing green, and I didn't know rice was even an option. I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, so that doesn't thrill me quite so much, but brown rice sure would make a nice alternative once in a while. I don't think peas are on my menu either. In any event, if you are on a more varied menu, at what point did you go off the green and onto your current menu? I'd like to think something may change for me pretty soon.
  • That is the gluten free option for starches. I like it because instead of having toast for dinner all the time I can have brown rice which is my favorite!!! I sometimes do the sweet potato or the regular baked potato, but usually do the brown rice.