3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Chocolate Protien Drink (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/209681-chocolate-protien-drink.html)

MGunz 08-11-2010 10:07 AM

Chocolate Protien Drink

I am hoping someone out their can help me!

I love the chocolate premade protien drinks from MRC. They taste just like chocolate milk when they are really cold. The only problem i can not afford them, i about freaked when i bought them it was somewhere around $20 for 6.

Does anyone know where i can buy these cheaper!!! Has anyone else tried them?

ghlover 08-11-2010 10:40 AM

What's MRC? I love the Ensure protein shakes, really cold and most flavors, when I feel a sweet craving coming on I usually grab one and use it as a meal since they are like 250 calories a bottle

Laureedee 08-11-2010 10:53 AM

Ensure's good but they have quite a bit of sugar; that's the reason I quit drinking them. I like EAS AdvantEdge. It's not quite thick like chocolate milk, when nice and cold it tastes more like the yoohoos used to. But for 110 cals, 2 g dietary fiber, 4 grams carbs and 17 grams protein, I'm quite content with it. They're not super cheap, but $5 for 4 (probably cheaper if you can buy bigger packages) isn't as bad as $20 for 6. Yikes!

taytay 08-11-2010 12:59 PM

I agree, the EAS Advantage drinks are pretty good and comparable to the centers..sometimes my grocery store has them buy 1 get 1 so I stock up. There is also dietdirect.com but idk how much they are on there.

shannysmomma 08-11-2010 08:24 PM

I have never used the shakes at MRC. With the prices like that I don't think I would either. Do you drink them instead of having a meal or what? It would be nice to find something I can drink instead of having a meal.

MGunz 08-12-2010 09:53 AM

Chocolate Drink

They can be used as a meal replacement if you drink two or as a creamy substitue if you drink one. I like to use them when i am running late for work and do not have time to make my lunch. But still am trying to find the other alternative due to pricing. I am starting to wonder if it may be Muscle Milk? I tried the vanilla premade which was awful in my eyes but i compared the packaging and alot of it was the same so i am going to try the milk chocolate one and see if that is comparable.

dkmd27 08-12-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGunz (Post 3433358)
They can be used as a meal replacement if you drink two or as a creamy substitue if you drink one. I like to use them when i am running late for work and do not have time to make my lunch. But still am trying to find the other alternative due to pricing. I am starting to wonder if it may be Muscle Milk? I tried the vanilla premade which was awful in my eyes but i compared the packaging and alot of it was the same so i am going to try the milk chocolate one and see if that is comparable.

I know some people love muscle milk, but I absolutely HATE it!! And it was recently subject to some bad publicity due to a recall regarding too much of a certain chemical/mineral (don't remember exactly what it was). I'm sure it's been corrected or it wouldn't be on the shelf, but check it out. I drink the Atkins shakes from Sam's (I think they were about $15 for 15 -- maybe 12 containers). If you try them, make sure they're really cold and shake them up.

guinevere75 08-14-2010 02:03 PM

If doing Metaquick and subbing the Advantage shakes at lunch - do you drink 2 for your lunch meal replacement?

dkmd27 08-15-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinevere75 (Post 3436552)
If doing Metaquick and subbing the Advantage shakes at lunch - do you drink 2 for your lunch meal replacement?

Even though they didn't have enough protein as the center recommends, I did use them. But I only used one, and maxed out the HNS's.

guinevere75 08-16-2010 10:40 AM

Thanks Deb. I'm going to try it starting today.

Does anyone have a MCR ready-made choc shake that they could copy the label details from and post here? I'd like to see the comparison to the EAS Advantedge shakes - I noticed that Atkins makes a version as well called Advantage - I'd like to check out that label next to the MCR one as well.

guinevere75 08-16-2010 05:39 PM

I found an old post that said the POWDER version of the MCR chocolate shake breaks down like this:
250 calories
3.5g Fat
23g Carbs (seems kinda high, huh??)
2g Fiber
35g Protein

Can anyone verify this? I'd really like to see what the ready-to-drink shakes label looks like - can anyone w/an MCR ready made shake post the label for me?

The EAS AdvantEdge label looks like this:
110 Calories
3g Fat
4g Carb
2g Fiber
17g Protein

So based on that - it looks like I'd need to do 2 EAS shakes as well to match up w/the MCR ones for Metaquick.

dkmd27 08-17-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinevere75 (Post 3439430)
I found an old post that said the POWDER version of the MCR chocolate shake breaks down like this:
250 calories
3.5g Fat
2g Fiber
35g Protein

That's why I couldn't use their shakes, the high carb content always hurt me.

I've used a couple different products in addition to the Atkins. Right now I use a product called Walker Diet shake mix. (from vitacost dot com) I've tried all of their flavors and am not too keen on most of them. But I do use the cappucino one and use decaf coffee for the liquid. Each one has 175 calories, 24 g protein, 7 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 6 g fat, and a bunch of vitamins and minerals. I'm sure you can see the label at vitacost.

I also use a produt by Syntrax called Nectar (available on many sites). It's got 90 calories, 23 g protein, 0 g fat, 0 carbs. Right now I'm using Caribbean Cooler. This product is more liquidy, more like a hns.

Trial and error is how you figure out what works.

Pookie31 08-20-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinevere75 (Post 3439430)
250 calories
3.5g Fat
2g Fiber
35g Protein

Can anyone verify this? I'd really like to see what the ready-to-drink shakes label looks like - can anyone w/an MCR ready made shake post the label for me?

The EAS AdvantEdge label looks like this:
110 Calories
3g Fat
4g Carb
2g Fiber
17g Protein

So based on that - it looks like I'd need to do 2 EAS shakes as well to match up w/the MCR ones for Metaquick.

Just curious, did you end up trying metaquick with the EAS shakes (2 for breakfast and 2 for lunch)?? I started with these today and was just wondering how it's going for you :)

guinevere75 08-24-2010 11:36 AM

I did it for 7 days w/the EAS version - I go into to weigh today at the center, but my scale at home has me down 4 lbs for the week - that is my biggest weekly loss, so I think it worked as it is supposed to - and for a lot cheaper! :)

Pookie31 08-24-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinevere75 (Post 3450916)
I did it for 7 days w/the EAS version - I go into to weigh today at the center, but my scale at home has me down 4 lbs for the week - that is my biggest weekly loss, so I think it worked as it is supposed to - and for a lot cheaper! :)

That is great! I did it for 4 days with the EAS version as well. I just weighed in this morning and only lost .5 pounds, kind of disappointed but I also started my period yesterday so hoping that is some of it too. Good luck, hope you show a great loss :)