Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 185 / 165 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

my menu progression went from preconditioning (4 days) to yellow menu days 1-4; blue days 5-10; green from now until maintenence. I've stuck to it pretty much, but I've let go of the supplements and I'm still losing just fine. I've been on MRC diet for about 6 weeks and i've dropped about 13 or so pounds (more like 17 if you include preconditioning). I have found that this is pretty much a garden variety low carb diet. The one new thing MRC does that I had never done before is the portion control. 4oz of protein/ 8oz of raw veggies, or 4oz cooked veggies and 40 calories worth of a lowcal bread or melba rounds ... which i find I never eat.

Now that the sugar and refined carbs are out of my diet, i average less than 800 calories per day. It's not a hard thing to maintain as long as I have the proper foods on hand and I eat on schedule.

MRC isn't a magic diet but it's a healthy way of living.
jetperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 191/140

Height: 5

Sorry, correction, blue menu is days 5-10. I start Day 11 on Tuesday and can add meal replacement bars and shakes then. Funny how I miss cheese and cottage cheese. I'm still having problems drinking all the water. I tend to add the HNS to a 16 oz bottle of water, but that doesn't count for the 64. Oh well.....
sclingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/191/150

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up I'm 20 days a newby - 14 1/2 inches smaller

Hi everyone, I just joined 3FC 5 minutes ago. I started MRC Aug 2. I'm taking the pills, drinking the HNS's and lost 9 pounds. Didn't think that was good enough so I went in today and they are like, that 3.2 pounds a week, then they measured me. 9 pounds and 5 1/2 was stored fat, but 14 1/2 inches - I'm lovin it. I have never been hungry, well, ok maybe a couple times and bought the HNS bars - really didn't need 'em. I have 40 more pounds to go. Yes, exercise!!! Ya really got to. My biggest thing is I don't want to be flabby = PERIOD. I have a bike downstairs, so I am riding almost daily for 21 minutes. At work while in the bathroom, I do knee bends and move my arms. Personally I like the support, I need it. I need to be accountable and weigh in twice a week. I had gained 2 pounds - what, that happens, it's water, whatever, but DO NOT GIVE UP! better go
bubbacat is offline   Reply With Quote